What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Ridiculous. you don't spend the kind of money we would have to for Norman to sit him on the bench.

Anyways Robert Jennings has apparently been told to look elsewhere so likely we will get him instead

I was asked were I would play him if widdop was still here and 14 is were I would.
You are entitled to have your own option but weather or not you agree or disagree
Don't make my option wrong.
If he comes this year it will be payed by parra as well.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Just further on this and again just my opinion.

I think we may have signed Norman for 2020 and this maybe revealed tomorrow.

My guess is that Norman still is the target for 2019, but we were short of what Parra were willing to pay and what we had available (therefore agreeance by Parra to let him go), otherwise releasing Mann now wouldn't have made any sense as he was still contracted.

The calm one

Juniors
But we've known Mann would likely be Newcastle bound for over a month.
And even then, initial discussions with Parra over Norman's contract predate this.
You're entitled to your opinion but the facts are. If Mann stayed there would no Norman. They might have had preliminary talks with him, incase they had spare cash if Mann left. This is what happened. Btn the money they save in not paying Mann and what is left in the salary cap they are now In a position to sign a quality back, which I have heard will be Norman especially if
the eels are will to pay a portion of his contract. Time will tell

red rocket

Juniors
You're entitled to your opinion but the facts are. If Mann stayed there would no Norman. They might have had preliminary talks with him, incase they had spare cash if Mann left. This is what happened. Btn the money they save in not paying Mann and what is left in the salary cap they are now In a position to sign a quality back, which I have heard will be Norman especially if
the eels are will to pay a portion of his contract. Time will tell
Would love to have norman but not at the expense of young Robinson who could play man's role from the bench this bloke is the most promising number 9 in the comp

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
images

slippery5

Juniors
Bingo!!! 100% spot on.

If Norman does sign and if he joins us now, what a perfect opportunity to us him as our utility back. Remember that Mann will be let go and whilst I'd prefer Robson on the bench, I can see the merits of having Norman there.
Norman would most probably be used to rest Widdop during the game. If this is the case then we need to play Lomax as the right centre (as the additional goal-kicker). It would be a travesty to play him on the wing.
Of course Norman could also be used as a back-up for McInnes, by this I mean, McInnes coming off and Hunt moving to hooker and Norman to half. Plenty of creativity there.
Finally, Norman could back up for Dufty, if he starts getting the yips at fullback.

If Widdop moves on in 2020, then Norman slots straight into 5/8. If this rotation proves successful then, this leaves the door open for Field to fulfill the role moving forward.

My biggest concern is Robson. He needs to be in the 17 for sure, but where?

All this is pending Widdop staying in 2019, even if we sign Norman (now).
Rotating halves during a game should never happen unless you have no faith in your starting playmakers, not sure how many other teams have used this theory successfully before.

Latest posts