What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Captain Hook

Juniors
Norman played ok tonight but he came up with 3 big errors;

Blatant set restart
Dropped ball cold
Soft missed tackle leading to a try

Not seeing Corey put his shoulder into defence like the rest of the boys.

Whereas Clune had his body on the line all game.

Lomax & Bird both proved they are origin level players.

I’d rather run at a brick wall than Ravalawa right now. Rava is our most improved player.

Only critique I have is that Williame offers nothing. Bring in either Max Feagai or Sullivan.
Normy Guides Dragons to 17th Premiership, Who would have thought that hey!

Maddragon99

Juniors
Normy Guides Dragons to 17th Premiership, Who would have thought that hey!
Norman’s form won’t last. He’s never put a full season together in his entire career. Having said that with Morgan’s retirement Norman might be playing himself into the Qld origin team.

Vaughan, Sims, Lomax & Bird also playing into NSW origin contention. Like Cooper before him Lomax is a very good defensive centre & his goal kicking is outstanding.

I’m sure it’ll develop over time but we’re struggling to get our outside backs into space. I’d love to see Ramsey get a ball at halfway with space ahead of him so he can really turn on the jets.

Dufty playing very well, at this point he deserves an extension. Plenty of room in the cap he should be extended. Can’t believe I just wrote that but credit where it’s due.

Definitely no extension for Norman now with Clune staying. We’ll have Hunt, Clune, Sullivan & Amone next year. No room for Norman he’ll surely find a home at Nth Qld particularly if he plays origin.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Birdy already stating post match he sees himself in the middle 5/8

Kicking game was much better tonight but Normie but he doesn't offer much else.

I'd be just as happy with Clunes or sulli or bird at 5/8

Small contract only if Norman wants to stay. $250k pa plus significant game payments ie $15k per game

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

Small contract only if Norman wants to stay. $250k pa plus significant game payments ie $15k per game

Como Connection

First Grade
Norman’s form won’t last. He’s never put a full season together in his entire career. Having said that with Morgan’s retirement Norman might be playing himself into the Qld origin team.

Vaughan, Sims, Lomax & Bird also playing into NSW origin contention. Like Cooper before him Lomax is a very good defensive centre & his goal kicking is outstanding.

I’m sure it’ll develop over time but we’re struggling to get our outside backs into space. I’d love to see Ramsey get a ball at halfway with space ahead of him so he can really turn on the jets.

Dufty playing very well, at this point he deserves an extension. Plenty of room in the cap he should be extended. Can’t believe I just wrote that but credit where it’s due.

Definitely no extension for Norman now with Clune staying. We’ll have Hunt, Clune, Sullivan & Amone next year. No room for Norman he’ll surely find a home at Nth Qld particularly if he plays origin.
Get off Normys back, as I stated before he is needed in the team for at least one more year.
CC

possm

Coach
Get off Normys back, as I stated before he is needed in the team for at least one more year.
CC
I wanted him gone for 2021. Well now I say he can see out his contract and leave at the end of this season. Sullivan should be ready by then.

Burns is only backup material at this stage so, I imagine Griffin will still be looking for a player to replace Frizell and of course one hard nosed prop as well.

Norman played ok tonight but he came up with 3 big errors;

Blatant set restart
Dropped ball cold
Soft missed tackle leading to a try

Not seeing Corey put his shoulder into defence like the rest of the boys.

Whereas Clune had his body on the line all game.

Lomax & Bird both proved they are origin level players.

I’d rather run at a brick wall than Ravalawa right now. Rava is our most improved player.

Only critique I have is that Williame offers nothing. Bring in either Max Feagai or Sullivan

Billy Burns will eventually take his spot. Class above.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. Norman is playing well but it's because:
1. He's only doing it to get named in Origin.
2. Is playing for a contract.
3. Nah... he still dropped a ball and doesn't use his shoulders well enough.... so he's still a liability.

It couldn't be that he has hit some form.

When a player is out of form, some fans will bag out on him relentlessly while others just want that player to improve. Each to their own, of course.

Personally, I don't feel right about bagging on any player who wears our jersey... but that's my habit.*

Bottom line is that Norman is one of the reasons why the team is traveling so well at the moment. Don't know how long it'll be for, but will enjoy it while it lasts.

Against Parramatta, with the exception of McCullough at dummy half, no one handled the ball more than Norman. He has the longest boot in the team and forwards love that, regardless of which era of the game you're talking about.

So sorry, but I don't always get the negative talk about players, particularly our current players, all of whom are doing everything that is required of them

Talking of which, where's our resident Lomax bagger?

* P.S. Trent Barrett is an exception. I never bagged out on him until he started sooking about the fans not supporting him enough. And @Mr Angry , I was right about Trent's coaching abilities.

Crush

Coach

Did you happen to see Sullivans kicking game if reserve grade yesterday?
Yikes, Norman streets ahead based on that game (and yes I know he's just come back from injury)

Dragon David

First Grade
CC
Because Corey Norman was suspended for one match, what a joke, for his involvement in the scuffle with Segeyaro against some useless louts, it meant that the team was without him for round 1. We lost that game against Cronulla, but, he has won 4 games in a row now so he is our lucky charm.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Imagine Paul and Trent together.........

I prefer Brisbane spoons, but 15th would work..

Actually on field great combo, as head coaches, pass to Brownie, slap that shyte....

I will see myself out.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Did you happen to see Sullivans kicking game if reserve grade yesterday?
Yikes, Norman streets ahead based on that game (and yes I know he's just come back from injury)
Sullivan had some good moments in that game but he looked like he was trying too hard which is understandable given how keen he must be to get into our 17. He will be better for the run.

ALSGI

Bench
Sullivan had some good moments in that game but he looked like he was trying too hard which is understandable given how keen he must be to get into our 17. He will be better for the run.
Hope you’re right FCD, I was a little disappointed taking into account his first game back.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Hope you’re right FCD, I was a little disappointed taking into account his first game back.
His switch to setup Feagai was great vision, he put up some towering bombs, ran the ball hard and often and tackled well but in the second half he started getting a bit kick happy. Granted he’s trying hard to impress against match fit players in his first game of the season. I’m sure he’ll be fine.

smi962

First Grade
Not surprising we have seen an upturn given he does have some natural talent and his big money contract is up at the end of the year so he is highly motivated to have a good season.

Corey Norman is playing well, could it be that Hook knows what buttons to push to get the best out of him? I hope that is the case and he can keep it going for the whole season.
I think we need to let go of performances from the Mary era. If Pappenhousen was under Mary he would probably be in reserve grade, so to Addo Car and Jerome Hughes. 2021 is a clean slate! And this year, under Hook, Norman is going very well.

TruSaint

Referee
Not surprising we have seen an upturn given he does have some natural talent and his big money contract is up at the end of the year so he is highly motivated to have a good season.

I dont think anyone here ever doubted his talent.

Its his work ethic IMHO.

smi962

First Grade
I dont think anyone here ever doubted his talent.

Its his work ethic IMHO.

Yep which is why he gets so much hate, his performances are not due to not having the ability. Reminds me of a less extreme version of mesut ozil at arsenal; who had all the talent but mentally and motivation wise was no longer up to it