1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Corona Virus and NRL Games

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by mickeylane, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

Protective measures such as washing hands for at least 20 seconds after going to the loo? My workplace toilet serves as a constant reminder with clear signage to this effect. The same pragmatism is applied to sneezing and/or coughing, Should a tissue not be readily accessible, using hands to cover one’s mouth would be the most common sense approach. It’s not rocket science.

2. blue bags

blue bags Bench

everything will be aright ok, all good, calm down, stay calm all good ;)

3. ViceVersa

ViceVersa Juniors

4. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

250 confirmed infected people with COVID-19. From this, five have (sadly) passed away. All were 70+, all had pre-existing conditions.

97% of those affected will end up like Tom Hanks.

Last year, more people passed away from influenza. Where’s the panic?

It’s embarrassing that at least a brace of forum contributors have acquiesced to plain old scaremongering perpetrated by a frenzied media. Deeply shithouse leadership by our government doesn’t help.

5. jeffdragon

jeffdragon Juniors

Looks like the only game we would win at the moment is the warriors.
    And that will be called of as they might return to NZ.

6. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

I don't believe we will see any football, for a while, after round 2.

7. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Sadly this could be the case. Sport generally without it will be missed. But, when loved ones become ill and suffering due to this virus, then sport pales into insignificance.

ALSGI, Old Kogarah Boy 1 and Gareth67 like this.
  8. SBD82

SBD82 Coach

Covering your mouth with your hands when sneezing or coughing is not actually a great idea. Try the crook of your elbow. The over 70’s in your life may owe their lives to your consideration.

9. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

98EB882C-FF9E-45C6-AC88-DDF633FB9562.jpeg

And we thought that the droughts and fires were bad enough .

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    Old Kogarah Boy 1 likes this.
  10. Willow

Willow Administrator

So I went to the Jetstar website and found that due to 'extenuating circumstances' I am entitled to a credit voucher equal to the amount of the airfare. That means I can cancel my flight to Sydney this Friday and can fly at a later date.

Happy with that and good work Jetstar on acting on it so quickly.

Meanwhile I am still waiting to for clarification from the club regarding the tickets paid for up front. However, we did get this email last Saturday...

Dear Members,

You may have heard by now that mass gatherings of more than 500 people have been cancelled from this coming Monday, which is the advice that has just been announced by the Federal government.

Based on current advice, it is likely that, beginning in Round Two, all NRL Premiership matches will be played behind closed doors.

We will now need time to assess this situation before providing further communication to Members, so we appreciate your patience while we work through this unprecedented situation.

Now, as much as ever, we value your constant support and understanding. Rugby League is known for its resilience and we know we will work through this together.

We would ask that you hold tight and await further information, as we won’t be able to provide any answers over the phone or email at this point.

We will be in touch again via email once we have further information to share with you.

Kind regards,

Red V Membership Team

11. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

12. avocado

avocado Juniors

Are you expecting a refund? Really?

I have Boy And Bear concert tix. The event was cancelled. In the scheme of things a refund is not even a consideration, although I’ll probably get one. I’ll actually refuse it if possible because the band and venue will be doing it tough for a while.

41yearsaint and WepnutV like this.
  13. R&WTILLIDIE

R&WTILLIDIE Bench

yep, and any family members, or mates who have a known or unknown underlying condition, even if they’re under 70 may also appreciate it.

SBD82 likes this.
  14. Bloodbath

Bloodbath Juniors

So will every game be shown on free to air .i dumped my Foxtel .so I wouldn’t go to a pub or club to watch a game .

15. Willow

Willow Administrator

Good for you.

Boy and Bear are a commercially successful band. My tendency has been to support bands at smaller venues. These are the bands making the least money. The luggers, sound and lighting crews are often those learning their trade. They usually play and work in venues of 100 people or less. Personal experience tells me that this is the true backbone of the music industry. Of course, to understand this depends on your own life experience.

I find it odd that you are attempting to use your one-off Boy and Bear experience to find some moral equation with my situation. of which you know nothing about.

I've been going to Kogarah for over 50 years. Since the R2K led Return To Kogarah in 2003, we have been buying an increasing number of season tickets. This year I might find myself substantially out of pocket, so I'm asking the question.

How many tickets have you bought for a game at Kogarah? Did you buy one for this weekend?

16. Willow

Willow Administrator

Broadcast rights haven't changed... yet.

FTA, pubs, clubs and Kayosports.

17. Father Ted

Father Ted First Grade

It's all they can say to be fair at this point

18. Willow

Willow Administrator

Yes, patience is the key. It's all good... as long as they don't blame concrete cancer.

19. Father Ted

Father Ted First Grade

Concrete cancer is point 4 at the board meeting right after point 3 that red headed Marxist dude.

20. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade