Coronavirus and NRL

Discussion in 'NRL' started by Knight76, Mar 2, 2020.

1. unforgiven

unforgiven Bench

A footballer who makes decisions to improve his life and deal with his issues, a footballer who has been to hell and back which is the root cause of his issues. Of course you have a crack at him.

2. Canard

Canard Referee

I assumed his post was a joke/ troll.

3. Canard

Canard Referee

To the best of my knowledge, they and their wives haven't given the press fodder via Instagram.

Secondly, because of the QLD govt decision it affected Bryce and the Titans much more than NSW/ACT based teams.

But, yeah play your identity politics.

4. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

They can play so not an issue... Assuming Pentith have some players that refused that is

5. Last Week

Last Week Bench

Oh look. Another News Ltd article talking up V'landys. I'm shocked.

This entire article should be snowed under with salt.

Storm80 likes this.
  6. Last Week

Last Week Bench

Shits on James Roberts yet expects people to leave Cartwright alone.

Dickhead.

7. Vee

Vee Bench

Just lacks the heart.

8. shear_joy9

shear_joy9 Coach

not in Queensland....

9. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Will just need to have ‘niggling injuries’ that week. Bryce’s issue was couldn’t train

10. LeagueXIII

LeagueXIII First Grade

Is there any wonder they are treating him like the second coming of god. He's extended the broadcast deal with them for another 4 or 5 years and probably cutting a deal also for the digital rights.

Good on you Pete, we'd hate for any competition down the track after all News Corp saved us from bankruptcy:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Storm80 likes this.
  11. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Fox sports are the only ones setup to handle it. The figures posted they are paying extra.. So not like it is a bad deal for NRL

12. Storm80

Storm80 Juniors

Is that a satirical article?? Haha PVL clearly walks on water and is the second coming of Christ haha why does Sydney always have this incessant need carry on about it being no.1 haha it’s ludicrous. Both Aussie rules and league are here to stay. It’s so obvious playing things out in the media is about enhancing brand PVL rather than brand NRL. It’s really become farcical now

13. AJB1102

AJB1102 First Grade

You're right. Apologies.

Roberts? haha Jet is the opposite problem in he's a little too keen on the drugs. If the flu shot gave you a buzz he'd line up twice. No ones gonna beat up on a dude in rehab and he or his missus aren't campaigning to advocate whatever his issues are and spreading dangerously stupid medical theories.

Shit facebook must've improved. I recall it basically being the dumbest of the dumb from a comments section of the DT.

You'd know way more about him than me. I've really only got his NRL career to judge from. I've seen him do some impressive stuff with ball in hand but his defence is abysmal and the impressive stuff is not on show very often. As a fan I wanna see all players at their best so hopefully he does turn it round. Other than promoting anti vax garbage I have no interest in his personal life.

14. no name

no name Coach

If you’re over 30 and don’t know who Luke Philips is, you’re not a RL fan. Dude was a champion in the early 2000s.
    Will undoubtedly have a record and legacy far greater than Cartwright’s.

15. Johnny88

Johnny88 Juniors

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/he...ps-up-for-a-mate-in-need-20200516-p54tmr.html

Harsh reality TV
    The TV rights talks between Nine (the publisher of this masthead), Foxtel and the NRL had been spirited but friendly for the most part but that has changed in recent times. Discussions about the revised season draw have been brutal; Nine and Fox have thrown out all niceties. There has also been some agenda-driven reporting, such as the story that Nine killed off Monday night football. According to the NRL, it was never seriously discussed for the return round but is on the draw for round four. So it’s hardly dead.

Nine and Fox are digging in and their partnership is now far from amicable. Acting NRL boss Andrew Abdo has been left to clean up the mess and had to work hard to get a draw out on Friday. Some big figures have been tossed around but these are the facts: for the next three years, Fox will get about a $100 million discount on its existing deal and Nine will save in the order of $70m. Fox has a long-term deal in place. Nine does not.

16. T-Boon

T-Boon Coach

What’s the news on fox/seven renegotiating with AFL? I haven’t heard anything.

17. Diesel

Diesel Coach

See ya later Nine. Piss off

18. Diesel

Diesel Coach

They are renegotiating, I saw an article somewhere about it yesterday. -try The Age perhaps - It’s just not being played out in the media.

19. mongoose

mongoose First Grade

lol sorry Melbourne is the capital of sports administrators. Just like it's the capital of everything else, so it loves to tell everyone...

LeagueXIII likes this.
  20. Cactus

Cactus Juniors

That is because polite conversations border upon being inaudible.

The meetings have tea and scones and the silverware is reported to be out on display. The hushed tones are conducive to all parties being able to read the contractual clauses in peace and quiet before agreements are reached.