What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

greenBV4

Bench
Lets hope so, there was 10 overnight but I compare those numbers to around April/May and its not too bad.
we started with single to low double digits for a week, then that jumped to triple digits

wouldn't wish lockdown on anyone and hopefully you get on top of it, but I'd be wary of just brushing it off

also keep in mind it takes up to 2 weeks to show, a lot of the numbers we are getting now in vic easily could be from before we went back into lockdown

Theres a chance 100 people got coronavirus in Sydney today, but wont show in the "cases" until next week or after

PARRA_FAN

Coach
we started with single to low double digits for a week, then that jumped to triple digits

wouldn't wish lockdown on anyone and hopefully you get on top of it, but I'd be wary of just brushing it off

also keep in mind it takes up to 2 weeks to show, a lot of the numbers we are getting now in vic easily could be from before we went back into lockdown

Theres a chance 100 people got coronavirus in Sydney today, but wont show in the "cases" until next week or after

True that. I work in the city and saw hundreds of people today even though a lot of them wore masks still raises concerns.

See what happens over the next two weeks.

sup42

Juniors
The comp won't stop now.

Biosecurity measures are in place which was the reason they were allowed to restart in the first place.
Medical staff in full PPE get covid, highly trained experts.

The comp has pulled off a mini miracle to have any games this season.

Put it this way, as soon as there is one case in the bubble the whole deals over.

The bubble is a paradox. By definition it is a group of people not social distancing. Therefore once a case gets inside the bubble the whole thing crashes.

So all these measures are really still entirely dependent on one hundred percent success at the barrier of the bubble. That is a tall order in a country that has hot spots.

As for people discussing NZ, that is an option that the NZ govt would be very happy to look at, they are already allowing entry to film crew from the US, the Rugby championship across multiple borders, and the Americas cup..... so the only proviso for the NRL is that they will also have to pay their own quarantine cost.

NZ GOVT would welcome the NRL comp with open arms and yes it is true, stadium crowds with no restrictions is a thing here.

The NRL could play several games at one venue as they did for the magic round at Mt Smart and have done so for the Nines.

Auckland has three usable realistic Stadiums which could host the entire comp to save cost.

Families are allowed to come with the participants under the same special dispensation.

It is an option the NRL should put in their back pocket for a completely un interrupted season twenty twenty two.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bet our premier is laughing his socks off now after the whinging about him not opening the border a couple of weeks ago!

ACTPanthers

Bench
You know state based rivalry is still alive when you laugh at other states who are experiencing a devastating rise in infections... Stay classy PR.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You know state based rivalry is still alive when you laugh at other states who are experiencing a devastating rise in infections... Stay classy PR.

Who's laughing at other states, I'm laughing at the east coasters like ScoMo and that fat guy who were whinging about WA not opening its borders.
It'll hit WA at some point, probably from truck drivers who are still being allowed to drive in without checks or quarantine. There are many times that living in one of the most isolated places in the world is a real shtter, this isnt one of them!
Hopefully the British will come through and save the world with this promising vaccine.

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
Who's laughing at other states, I'm laughing at the east coasters like ScoMo and that fat guy who were whinging about WA not opening its borders.
It'll hit WA at some point, probably from truck drivers who are still being allowed to drive in without checks or quarantine. There are many times that living in one of the most isolated places in the world is a real shtter, this isnt one of them!
Hopefully the British will come through and save the world with this promising vaccine.
You said the Premier would be laughing, in a way that agreed with the humour. I'd hope the Premier is more human and lets some perceived insult go in the face of tough times... But yeah, they whinged so lets laugh at them... As I said, classy.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You said the Premier would be laughing, in a way that agreed with the humour. I'd hope the Premier is more human and lets some perceived insult go in the face of tough times... But yeah, they whinged so lets laugh at them... As I said, classy.

Whatever

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mate that is how your post came across.

Well when you have the PM criticizing us for trying to keep people safe, the federal trade minister blaming us for worsening the countries economy for staying closed, dckhead Palmer taking us to court with the backing of the Fed Govt, NSW premier telling us we shouldn't be closed etc you cant help but think he would be a little 'told you so' when proven to have been right. We copped loads of flak from the east during may and early june for our stance. Don't have a lot of time for pollies normally but McGowan has done a sterling job in his decision making and not bowing to the pressure from the East coast, and this has proven to be another good call by him.
Got nothing to do with sympathy levels for the struggles those communities effected again are going through, we all feel for them and hope we can get on top of it quickly. Come on Brits, get that vaccine working!