What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

ReddFelon

Juniors
Do we think there may be legal challenges to the NRL if they had mandated it? it seems other sports have gone that way. Wondering why NRL refuses to take ownership and leadership on this one? Maybe as the numbers are so small they figure clubs will just drop the players or decide if they will allow them to play part time.

It's just V'landys being a bitch. He's a Murdoch stooge and Murdoch makes money selling division. It's no secret that the endless positive coverage he gets from the Murdoch press when all of his predecessors were dragged through the mud on the daily is because he's part of Rupert's purple circle.

Rugby League does have that awkward issue where the majority of people refusing are dumbasses who also have freaky religious views where medicine is the devil. Mostly though, it's buck passing. Cricket Australia, Rugby Australia, AFL, NBL, etc. all had the balls to come out and say get it done or you're not playing. V'landys being the little bitch that he is wants to play both sides, it's why the heads of all the other sports in Australia look fit and healthy and V'landys looks like a sleazy used car salesman, limp wristed wuss.

Frailty

First Grade
I’ve been vaccinated, but I don't judge people who are suspicious of the process or concerned about its potential side effects. Critical thinking is a cornerstone of advanced civilisation.
Anyone with critical thinking skills ends up getting the vaccine because it is objectively the best choice. It's that simple.

I got the Pfizer just to be safe, even though I have little faith in our medical system or the multinational drug companies that get fat and rich off the back of people's suffering. They make money from creating treatments that cause other problems, not by finding a cure.

It may very well turn out to be another scam by the pharmaceutical industry, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt.
Yeah, I have little trust for a medical system and field that has extended the life expectancy, turned many crippling diseases into manageable illnesses or have eliminated all together. Not to mention the field is always looking to improve existing medications for less and less side effects - because that's what will be their selling point!

Multinational Pharmaceutical companies can act improperly in less regulated operations. In Australia, our pharmaceuticals are not only vetted for use, but there is further assessment to determine whether they are good enough and needed enough to be subsidised by the government. I'm definitely happy we aren't bombarded with medication commercials like in the US.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
As to the players, those who go unvaccinated, even the RLPA have suggested clubs can fine them for each game they do not play due to not being able to enter stadiums/fly interstate due to lack of vaccination.
I suspect this is why V’Landys isnt doing a whole lot- he knows that the law will do the job for him when players can’t travel to games or enter stadiums. Clubs will then be in a position where the players are dead wood and will fine them or sack them for not being able to perform the duties they were signed for. And the NRL and clubs can say it wasn’t really Up to them because the law left them no choice.

Smug Panther

First Grade
It's just V'landys being a bitch. He's a Murdoch stooge and Murdoch makes money selling division. It's no secret that the endless positive coverage he gets from the Murdoch press when all of his predecessors were dragged through the mud on the daily is because he's part of Rupert's purple circle.

Rugby League does have that awkward issue where the majority of people refusing are dumbasses who also have freaky religious views where medicine is the devil. Mostly though, it's buck passing. Cricket Australia, Rugby Australia, AFL, NBL, etc. all had the balls to come out and say get it done or you're not playing. V'landys being the little bitch that he is wants to play both sides, it's why the heads of all the other sports in Australia look fit and healthy and V'landys looks like a sleazy used car salesman, limp wristed wuss.
We have a bigger percentage of islanders than any other sport. That's the issue here

ReddFelon

Juniors
We have a bigger percentage of islanders than any other sport. That's the issue here
Not sure if League has more Islanders than Rugby. Either way though, that would be the freaky deeky religion at play. No idea why Islanders seem to get sucked in by that shit more than other people.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not sure if League has more Islanders than Rugby. Either way though, that would be the freaky deeky religion at play. No idea why Islanders seem to get sucked in by that shit more than other people.
Brainwashing missionaries many moons ago. Doesn't seem to stretch to drinking sht that is poisonous or getting tattoos with questionable ink properties. But then religion has always been selective to what suits I suppose.

ReddFelon

Juniors

The Bulldogs have reportedly issued John Asiata a letter of termination due to his refusl to be vaccinated against Covid-19.

The NRL does not have a competition wide mandate, but the club itself has applied a mandate to its own players.

Asiata recently signed a one-year deal with the Canterbury side, but the Sydney Morning Herald has reported that the 28-year-old received a letter of termination last week.

Credit to the Dogs.

cumbrian Mackem

Juniors

The Bulldogs have reportedly issued John Asiata a letter of termination due to his refusl to be vaccinated against Covid-19.

The NRL does not have a competition wide mandate, but the club itself has applied a mandate to its own players.

Asiata recently signed a one-year deal with the Canterbury side, but the Sydney Morning Herald has reported that the 28-year-old received a letter of termination last week.

Credit to the Dogs.
Good on Asiata for sticking to his principles.

cumbrian Mackem

Juniors
Yes good on him for throwing away his career and serious sums of money for his family on Ill Informed opinion. Champion.
His health is obviously more important to him than money. Wish more players and the general public would standup and draw a line in the sand like him then maybe we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Generalzod

Immortal
His health is obviously more important to him than money. Wish more players and the general public would standup and draw a line in the sand like him then maybe we wouldn’t be in this situation.
Can you please tell us how by tacking 2 jabs will be detrimental to his health…I went to my family doctor for advise rather than listeniEd to the nuts jobs on social media.

Fangs

Coach
Will be on the Joe Rogan podcast soon enough.

'So tell me about this Rugby game you play, it's not too hard to understand right?'