What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Frailty

First Grade
We also can't have it drag it long though. We will have huge unemployment and homelessness otherwise

Please explain how this is the case.

No one is denying there is a financial impacts, but banks of Australia have already committed to offering deferring repayments, etc.
Well no, it takes information directly from government releases of information.

That attack, showed the Vatican to have over 850,000 deaths, that's the only misinformation that has been on there.

0.2% - 1% - where are you getting that tripe from - laughable.

1% is low, but the suggestion is not laughable. The mortality rate is 'likely' lower than what is presented by the raw data. This is because mild cases may not be reported - thus increasing the total number of cases.

For example, unless you demonstrate severe symptoms, you unlikely to be tested for COVID-19 unless you can demonstrate you have travelled in the last 14 days or you have come into close contact with a confirmed case. So the amount of cases are likely higher than what is currently reported.

BadnMean

Juniors
Relax - Scomo is a massive rugby league fan and is a very selfish man. Once her gets the chance he will inject millions back into the game

With the hole the Sharks are in as a club right now, Vlandy's should put the Sharks at the top of any unfortunate club culls/closures/mergers/moves necessary for the game to cut losses & move forward with a streamlined, cost effective restructure post CVD. That might kick Scummo into gear.

blue bags

First Grade
With the hole the Sharks are in as a club right now, Vlandy's should put the Sharks at the top of any unfortunate club culls/closures/mergers/moves necessary for the game to cut losses & move forward with a streamlined, cost effective restructure post CVD. That might kick Scummo into gear.
yes merge with stgeorge illawarra , red blue black white jersey

Quicksilver

Bench
Bad news for Sharks haters.

The club was well compensated by the developer for moving games and closing the Leaguesy.

They have already prepared for minimal cashflow this season.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade

franklin2323

Immortal

No one is denying there is a financial impacts, but banks of Australia have already committed to offering deferring repayments, etc.

1% is low, but the suggestion is not laughable. The mortality rate is 'likely' lower than what is presented by the raw data. This is because mild cases may not be reported - thus increasing the total number of cases.

For example, unless you demonstrate severe symptoms, you unlikely to be tested for COVID-19 unless you can demonstrate you have travelled in the last 14 days or you have come into close contact with a confirmed case. So the amount of cases are likely higher than what is currently reported.

I work in Employment so I am fine but how many Pubs/Clubs.
Retailers etc will close?
How many casual/PT employees in these sectors will be unemployed if this 500 people rule is still going in a month?

It is a flow on affect that will hurt well after the virus is over.

txta2

Bench
So to my understanding, all businesses will survive with funding from the government. But millions of the population will die....sounds good.

txta2

Bench
Funny you say that because the Shark's still have a revenue stream from the Kareela golf club.....there are a few clubs with no revenue besides sponsors and members.

Frailty

First Grade
I work in Employment so I am fine but how many Pubs/Clubs.
Retailers etc will close?
How many casual/PT employees in these sectors will be unemployed if this 500 people rule is still going in a month?

It is a flow on affect that will hurt well after the virus is over.

Just because they won't be getting shifts doesn't mean they are unemployed. Underemployed - definitely. But as with most countries that are effectively locking down, they will extend unemployment payments to these persons during this period.

Costs the government, but does not costs local businesses.

The alternative is to allow the health system to be overrun where the number of deaths will increase. Tell me what effect that will have on the economy?

taste2taste

Juniors

Stop speaking sense.
Sensible comments aren't welcome here.

franklin2323

Immortal
Just because they won't be getting shifts doesn't mean they are unemployed. Underemployed - definitely. But as with most countries that are effectively locking down, they will extend unemployment payments to these persons during this period.

Costs the government, but does not costs local businesses.

The alternative is to allow the health system to be overrun where the number of deaths will increase. Tell me what effect that will have on the economy?

The music industry has already reportly lost $25m

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/i-lost-my-gig-website-lost-income-cancelled-gigs/

Yesterday, the organisation revealed that, so far, with the cancellation of over 10,000 events as a result of both coronavirus concerns and the summer bushfire crisis, the reported lost income has reached $25 million, a figure that’s expected to grow.

No doubt it will keep going. Tourism will take a huge hit.

So I don't see it lasting that long outside of about a month or so

Frailty

First Grade
The music industry has already reportly lost $25m

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/i-lost-my-gig-website-lost-income-cancelled-gigs/

Yesterday, the organisation revealed that, so far, with the cancellation of over 10,000 events as a result of both coronavirus concerns and the summer bushfire crisis, the reported lost income has reached $25 million, a figure that’s expected to grow.

No doubt it will keep going. Tourism will take a huge hit.

So I don't see it lasting that long outside of about a month or so

No one is doubting there would be significant impact on industries. But if you anyone is given the option of the collapse of their health system or a economic downturn - I guarantee most logical and rational people would take the economic downturn.

Springs09

Juniors
This email was just sent out to NSWRL clubs in Riverina and surrounds:

The enquiry regarding rugby league events in 2020 has escalated today beyond a reasonable and rational level. Please be assured that NSWRL has met with medical authorities, government agencies and NRL advisors today and a media release will be forthcoming between now and tomorrow afternoon. We’re still confident that the season won’t be shelved but some alterations may be required. Please don’t make any decisions about your clubs participation in events and competitions until such time as we’ve had an opportunity to table information, guidelines, policies and procedures with you.

Thank you for your patience in what has been a day by day assessment of our games impact upon this pandemic.

We have a trial planned for next Friday and with it being unlikely to have more than a hundred or so in attendance we hope it can still go ahead.
The season launches for most competitions next month might be touch and go though. With 5 grades you already have nearly 200 players in one place without staff, families, spectators and officials.

blue bags

First Grade
So to my understanding, all businesses will survive with funding from the government. But millions of the population will die....sounds good.
yes , if all the pensioners die from corolla, the gov will save billions in centerlink pension payments:)

Quicksilver

Bench
It will be both.

We HAVE to close everything down.

But

There is also going to be significant economic pain. Like, really, really bad.

We are f**ked either way.