What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Courier Mail-Fight Back

Heritage XIII

Juniors
It is disgusting that Gary Ablett is on the back page of the COurier again. This is what you can expect with a Victorian as chief sports editor up here. We need to email in numbers!!

DeeJ

Bench
How long has this AFL stuff been going on? I haven't read the Courier Mail since last year but back then it had 4-6 pages of league and only 2 for AFL and occasionally 1 page for Queensland cup during the week.

Sad to hear how its changed.

taipan

Referee
http://today.ninemsn.com.au/contactus1.aspx

today@nine.com.au

did you ever hear back from the NRL re the 60 minutes claim and what is the truth?

Thanks.
Apart from the intial response from Brady (NRL) stating it was incorrect,and he was going to speak to ch9 guy,nothing.I sent a follow up asking for waht happened,and got no response from him.:(
Ít appears the truth as they say,ïs out there.
Bring on the I.C.and a governing body that stands up for itself balls and all.

some11

Referee
Broncos and Cowboys better have a good year next year or we're in for more of this sh*t.

fourplay

Juniors
Aside from the Courier Mail, I watched the Sydney 4:30pm ch9 news yesterday and you wouldn't believe it was NRL grand final week.

They started the sports bulletin with no less than 5 mins of AFL, including showing just about a full press conference of that bald guy going to the GC. Then this is not an understatement, they had 10 seconds of grand final news. "Both teams preparations are going as planned," accompanied to a flash of the roosters doing ballwork from a distance. And that was it. On to cricket. lol?

babyg

Juniors
Damn I got sucked in to buying the CM this morning when I saw the poster saying NRL GF liftout. Turned out to be 1 (One) piece of paper and I was even more horrified when I turned it over to the back page to see that bald girly c.nt.

I seriously think 9 don't want it to rate through the roof so the price doesn't scyrocket.

JW

Coach
Perhaps Vlad has just recently updated their favourable and minimum coverage deals with News?

Brutus

Referee
Has the Today Show done anything this week, like they did for the fumbleball last week? I watched it briefly and that blonde women that reads the news can't shut up about St Kilda.

Paullyboy

Coach
There is no doubt the AFL pays for their excessive coverage, absolutely no doubt in the world. Having said that, if that's the way the market is, the NRL might need to look at doing the same thing.

Brutus

Referee
Have a look at the CM webite now.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport

Footy Life Ban for Cannabis is currently the top ranked league story on the left, behind Richmond playing games in Cairns and some cycling story.

And to think Brisbane made a bid to host the NRL GF.

_Johnsy

Referee
Brisbane & QLD is the epicentre of the rugby league universe, only when it suits (SOO time or when Broncs/Cows/Tits are winning or playing)

Brutus

Referee
Tour winner tests positive

JUST IN ALBERTO Contador, the world's best cyclist, could be stripped of the Tour de France title after testing positive to a banned substance.

Saints rule out Gardiner

ST KILDA ruckman Michael Gardiner is out of the Grand Final replay while reports of Clint Jones breaking his foot have been rubbished.
These are the current sports headlines on the front page of the Herald Sun website...I mean the Courier Mail's website.

Last edited:

babyg

Juniors
There is no doubt the AFL pays for their excessive coverage, absolutely no doubt in the world. Having said that, if that's the way the market is, the NRL might need to look at doing the same thing.

I fcking hope they're paying a lot of money because if they're not we're in big trouble.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i wonder if TNL will really an NRL GF show like they said last week though

i bet it's another AFL wankfest with Bill Woods

Latest posts