What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Courier Mail-Fight Back

Brutus

Referee
There a thing called the Brisbane Times (Fairfax) which I think is free on trains, but the CM has a virtual monopoly.

Lambretta

First Grade
Response from David Fagan

Dear (name removed),

I'm not sure which day you refer to but afl has a strong following in queens lan so would be well representdnin the paper. I'd be amazed if it exceeded League coverage on any day. Tell me the date and Ill double-check hownyou allegedly red the paper.

bestnwishes

[FONT=&quot]Df

[/FONT]
Not sure that a newspaper editor should be allowed to reply to someone with such terrible grammar and spelling, but it was lovely to receive a response accusing me of lying.

_Johnsy

Referee
CM frontpage of their website (sports page link) as of 1940hrs. Is there a grand final on Sunday ?

Sport News

Cancellara clinches world title

SWISS star Fabian Cancellara stands alone as cycling's greatest time trialler after surging to a record fourth world championship.
Magpies drop Davis

COLLINGWOOD has dumped Leon Davis for the Grand Final replay. See all the ins and outs here.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

Dear (name removed),

I'm not sure which day you refer to but afl has a strong following in queens lan so would be well representdnin the paper. I'd be amazed if it exceeded League coverage on any day. Tell me the date and Ill double-check hownyou allegedly red the paper.

bestnwishes

[FONT=&quot]Df

[/FONT]
Not sure that a newspaper editor should be allowed to reply to someone with such terrible grammar and spelling, but it was lovely to receive a response accusing me of lying.

Wow what a merkin. AFL has a strong following here? Wouldn't know it from the crowds, tv viewing figures, merch sales, or any other possible measure.

VictoryFC

Bench
More importantly, did Fagan actually write that? I have a hard time believing an editor in chief can't construct a proper sentence or spell properly.

Brutus

Referee

Dear (name removed),

bestnwishes

[FONT=&quot]Df[/FONT]

So this is what the head guy at the CM thinks of the paper's RL readers.

Be interesting to see his background. I know he used to work for the Australian and once had a John Williamson-style beard.

Dear (name removed),

bestnwishes

[FONT=&quot]Df[/FONT]

Wow, just wow.

What an embarrassing reply. The bloke is supposed to be an editor, you would think a grasp of basic English would be a pre-requisite to hold that position and if you're going to allow an underling to ghost-write your email replies, at least ensure that they are capable of doing so in a manner befitting.

Sums up the paper for me.

hellteam

First Grade
I had a go at them a few weeks ago, the FRONT story, I'm talking the number one story on the whole site was the fashion at the Brownlow medal.

Funnily enough, I had a look down the bottom where it has the top 10 most read stories of the day for each city's News Limited paper. Goes without saying, it was number one story in the Herald Sun, but it wasn't even in the top 10 (and my guess wasn't even close) in the Courier Mail. Even after being the MAIN STORY on the website.

It's seriously unbelievable.

applesauce

Bench
The paper is a joke, it used to be bad but jeez... Here are the 2 biggest stories of the day!

cm11.jpg
cm12.jpg

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Did you respond to that Lambretta?

If you do, send every stat possible showing this genius that AFL is nothing in Queensland.

hutch

First Grade
I don't believe it!!

There was no fumbleball on the Sydney Ch 10 news tonight.

ive notived the lack of afl coverage on channel 10 all week. they dont have the rights to the gf replay due to the commonwealth games which they are plugging the hell out of. maybe they just promote the sports they are covering??? take note channel 9!

miguel de cervantes

First Grade

Brutus

Referee
From a dipsh*t calling himself Ares on Big Footy

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=761141&page=3

We are having a go at the Daily Telegraph for printing bias anti AFL propaganda or none of it whilst posters on LU are pissed off with the Courier for printing articles on Aussie Rules
tongue.gif

So when they feel Aussie Rules gets more "air time" then RL, they even go as far as posting the sports editors email link on a thread and urge other posters to send emails. So a Sydney RL supporter will email The Courier newspaper even though he never reads it and states in his email that he will never buy the paper due to Aussie Rules articles...a bit far fetched you would think
In the past they have done this for MPs, tv presenters ie the insiders etc

But what I do is also email these people (thanks to them posting their email address) and give them support, also explain why they may be getting some "extra" emails from League fans with a link to the thread on their forum....

Love my work...

Anyway regarding the Daily Telegraph it will eventually come to its senses...popularity will force it...

Latest posts