What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Courier Mail-Fight Back

El Diablo

Post Whore
i notice another DT journo had a go at League http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...rience-on-sunday/story-e6frezz0-1225932512308

Three Times A Lady, 1978

AGAIN, this song has caused confusion for some rugby league players who believe it refers to the correct ratio of men to women during lovemaking. In fact it is a profoundly moving tribute by Richie to the woman he loves, describing in wrenchingly emotional terms how beautiful, graceful and ladylike she is. Again, this is unlikely to be played in case Collingwood supporters think that Lionel is singing about Nick Riewoldt.

Lambretta

First Grade
Did you respond to that Lambretta?

If you do, send every stat possible showing this genius that AFL is nothing in Queensland.

I haven't responded

If anyone has any stats for me to build a response around, then I'll be happy to continue the conversation.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I haven't responded

If anyone has any stats for me to build a response around, then I'll be happy to continue the conversation.

why doesn't he ask the Brisbane Lions?

http://www.lions.com.au/portals/0/lions/newsletters/m091113.html

We've only converted 642 junior members from a total of 29,260 Auskick participants in 2009.

Lions matches consistently finished 5th or 6th in Queensland's TV ratings behind the NRL Footy Show, the NRL Sunday Roast Show and the Broncos, Titans and Cowboys matches this year.

i'd say this year would be even worse

Razor

Coach
Rugby league fans need to fight with their feet. If these newspapers are going to do this garbage, walk away. Surely there must be other news sources which provide the people news that they are actually interested in!

Brisbane Times (Fairfax) is by far the best Brisbane paper. Online only, no print version yet. Never read the Courier Mail anymore.

Razor

Coach
Better put a 2nd Brisbane team in the comp.

Remember the Courier Mail's treatment of the Crushers?

True the Crushers were ARL, and Broncos Super League, and the Courier Mail basically ignored anything ARL, but still the Crushers were a Brisbane team and received almost no coverage in the CM.

Razor

Coach
Response from David Fagan

Dear (name removed),

I'm not sure which day you refer to but afl has a strong following in queens lan so would be well representdnin the paper. I'd be amazed if it exceeded League coverage on any day. Tell me the date and Ill double-check hownyou allegedly red the paper.

bestnwishes

hahahahhahaha

If the Lions don't play the AFL finishes 5th in the ratings regularly.

Brutus

Referee
Remember the Courier Mail's treatment of the Crushers?

True the Crushers were ARL, and Broncos Super League, and the Courier Mail basically ignored anything ARL, but still the Crushers were a Brisbane team and received almost no coverage in the CM.

That would not happen again. It wouldn't be allowed to happen again.

applesauce

Bench
They have been advertising the sh*t out of it on every 2nd, front and back pages for the last 2 weeks. The Victorian Sports Editor is giving me the sh*ts, thinking his game is relevant up here...

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
WTF?

The EPL wouldn't even get 56 pages in the SUN if every player was up on sexual assault charges.

What a f**king joke!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Has to be asked.

How many pages were devoted to the NRL this season with the special lift out leading up to the game?

And can anyone remember how the Titans went leading up to their first NRL game a few years back?

MsStorm

Bench
I wouldn't be surprised if the afl is throwing in heaps of $$$'s to get the extra coverage.

bobbis

Juniors
56 pages? In a quality piece of toilet paper like the CM that's the whole paper minus the ads. anyone know how much the NRL got?

Brutus

Referee
Why do SE QLD people have to put up with so many Victorians.

The sooner that Victorian sports editor is turfed from the CM the better.

I remember that Akermanis dickhead used to criticise the CM for being the Broncos newsletter yet the AFL would still get heaps of coverage.

These fumbleball idiots are not happy unless their stupid game is plastered all over the media, even in areas where people could not give a sh*t.

ouwet

Bench
I was shocked getting the Daily Telegraph today when a magazine fell from the middle of my paper... It was an AFL season preview magazine! I have to say, it was pretty thick, definitely had more pages then the NRL lift out a few weeks back! It went straight in the bin but FMD, this isn't Melbourne!

Latest posts