What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys robbed clear as day

t-ba

Post Whore
How about somewhat of a 'best of both worlds' scenario (though I doubt you could call it that, given neither worlds are very good atm...).

The referee doesn't know 100% whether a try is scored. However, if he sends it upstairs he sends it upstairs with the notation that "I think it is/is not a try". For that decision to be changed the video ref needs proof to the contrary. Any doubt and it goes back ref's call.

Puts the onus back on the referees, as many are suggesting. Removes the ridiculous doubt factor from the box, as many are suggesting. Doesn't leave it open to interpretation to the tards in the box - unless you can clearly see one way or the other, go with the referee's original decision.

I have a better idea.

6580392Lbx_o.jpg

Willface

Juniors
As a parra tragic I hate manly but if anyone actually thinks they were not the better team they need to get their eyes checked. Tamou try good individual effort, second try came off a dud call on manly with the rake. Refs all had shockers however the better side on the night did win. And Melbourne (hate them as well) will kill manly next week

Danny-Boy

Juniors
As a parra tragic I hate manly but if anyone actually thinks they were not the better team they need to get their eyes checked. Tamou try good individual effort, second try came off a dud call on manly with the rake. Refs all had shockers however the better side on the night did win. And Melbourne (hate them as well) will kill manly next week

Great post....except the Melbourne bit.

gUt

Coach
Fair minded fans aren't saying shite calls are the reason the Cowboys lost.
Fair minded fans aren't claiming the ridiculous "NRL needs an all-Sydney GF" conspiracy.
Fair minded fans admit that bad calls generally go both ways.
Fair minded fans agree that one team (the Cowboys) got vastly more f**ked than the other (Manly).
Fair minded fans want the refereeing standards to improve one day.

Lots of fair minded fans are saying they don't want to watch any more NRL.

As a parra tragic I hate manly but if anyone actually thinks they were not the better team they need to get their eyes checked.

Maybe so, but if those calls were awarded correctly, who is to say the Cowboys wouldn't have had the momentum and could have run over the top of them in that second half.

coolsteve

Juniors
Maybe so, but if those calls were awarded correctly, who is to say the Cowboys wouldn't have had the momentum and could have run over the top of them in that second half.
and who`s to say manly wouldn`t have wiped the floor with em . all hypertheticals

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Just watched another replay of the Oldfield 'try'. It is obviously not a try but it's interesting to see both Matt Bowen, JT and at least one other cowboy complaining to the ref that Foran had knocked on rather than making any attempt to stop the play. Maybe if they had played to the whistle Lyon wouldn't have been able to slip the ball away or they might have been on hand to stop Oldfield grounding the ball.

innsaneink

Referee
Just watched another replay of the Oldfield 'try'. It is obviously not a try but it's interesting to see both Matt Bowen, JT and at least one other cowboy complaining to the ref that Foran had knocked on rather than making any attempt to stop the play. Maybe if they had played to the whistle Lyon wouldn't have been able to slip the ball away or they might have been on hand to stop Oldfield grounding the ball.
Yeh that was my initail thoughts too......I remember Moltzen did it once too and it bit him on the arse as well....had a big whinge rather than play the whistle

obsulete

Juniors
Saw the 'double movement' again. Fair try IMO. Saw the other 'try' again. Absolute diabolical decision.

My cousin pointed out to me that all the attention is on the double movement in that try, but by time the ball hits the ground his foot is in touch. I think he's right.

My cousin pointed out to me that all the attention is on the double movement in that try, but by time the ball hits the ground his foot is in touch. I think he's right.

I think you may be referring to a different decision.

Correction know what you mean now. Na his foot wasn't out IMO.

Am okay with the decision on that Try. Not the Foran knock on though!

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

Yeah I noticed the foot but IMO the ball had already touched the line by momentum before the second effort and the foot going out.

Rabbit toes

First Grade

I just watched that taufau try and if using the idea that momuntem did in fact get him across the try line, then his foot is on the side line which would put him in touch.

Bill Harrigan is a muppet. FFS video refs were not 100% sure Foran touched the ball.

But Bill, you and Kermit raper both looked at it and said mistake, so video ref got it wrong.

It was f**king obvious he did and you know it, that's why you said it was a mistake.

You can't have it both ways. If you and Kermit saw it, so should your Video refs.

Idiots, excuse makers, wankers, poofs!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well Im sick of this. It seems like the rules change every week and we dont know whether the video ref will say TRY or NO TRY or even worse benefit of the doubt.

We're 2 weeks away from a Grand Final, and still referees, video referees and touchies are continually making the obvious mistakes.

That Foran incident was clearly a knock on, how can not be 100% sure.

Im mean they have 2 video referees in the box and they make it worse.

Fix it, or it could someone the season, or at worst a premiership.

The Hunsucker

Juniors
Two bad try decisions and one in goal indiscretion when the Manly player actually forced the ball and was allowed to return the ball when it should have been a line drop out. There are 6 NRL officials there and they still can't get it right. Two Referees, two video referees and two linesmen and they still make a meal of what was a good game to watch. I'm resigned to the fact that I will not watch another NRL game this season. Maybe the best way to have the referees incompetence resolved as the ratings will drop. Utterly disgusted and ashamed of the refereeing at this level.

Eric Galt

Juniors
Two bad try decisions and one in goal indiscretion when the Manly player actually forced the ball and was allowed to return the ball when it should have been a line drop out. There are 6 NRL officials there and they still can't get it right. Two Referees, two video referees and two linesmen and they still make a meal of what was a good game to watch. I'm resigned to the fact that I will not watch another NRL game this season. Maybe the best way to have the referees incompetence resolved as the ratings will drop. Utterly disgusted and ashamed of the refereeing at this level.

Get over it you pathetic sook. Of course you don't mention the strip before the Cowboys second try. Of course that was against Manly so it wouldn't suit your one eyed view, Both teams had a bad decision against them (possibly). Absolutely pathetic.

benntash

Juniors
I don't have a problem with having a video ref but after Friday night something has got to change. I think the 'Refs Call' needs to be used alot more. If there is no clear indication of whether it's a try or not I believe it should come back to the officials on the field. There are alot of things a third match official doesn't see or unable to make out through a camera which an onfield official does or has a better indication as to what happened. I'm sure supporters would cop dud decisions on the chin most of the time if it was officiated like this.

Ozzy

First Grade
I think you may be referring to a different decision.

Correction know what you mean now. Na his foot wasn't out IMO.

Am okay with the decision on that Try. Not the Foran knock on though!
Well that will balance out with the strip that led to the Cowboys second try. I'm surprised this thread is still going. There is more Manly hate than I thought out there.

Latest posts