What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys robbed clear as day

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Good comprehension skills Frank. I said it makes no difference to the scoreboard regardless of whether the mistake comes from the on field ref or the video ref. If you disagree, explain how.
Meh.

Your point appears to be in opposition to Pete's (and many others) view that the video ref clangers are worse than a missed strip at field level.

If not, feel free to agree with us.

firechild

First Grade
I don't disagree that video ref errors are worse but that doesn't change the fact that 1 try either way should not have been awarded and therefore any claim of the Cowpats being "robbed" is laughable.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Benefit of the doubt basically absolves any responsibility of the video ref by enabling them to hide behind the grey area of "doubt" and not adhere to any objective standard or set of rules.
It really seems like the criteria is: If all else fails - just award BOTD try.
Maybe we could have a new criteria: When in doubt, don't award it.

We had that system with benefit of the doubt for a while but people didn't like it. I've always preferred no benefit of the doubt, but if we are to have the rule then it must go to the defending team.

I do have a thread on benefit of the doubt started:
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=407341&page=1

The Eagle

Juniors
:? Where does the thread title say robbed of the win? We were robbed of the opportunity to compete at 16-12.

Unfortunately champ, much as the fairytale might be in your biased mind, the better team doesn't always win the game. Manly were the better team at that point, I don't have any problem admitting that. Games change, big plays are made, and the Cowboys might've finished the better team. We were robbed of that opportunity. To say that that guarantees they would win or we never had a shot is utterly stupid.

Truth is you should've never gotten 12 points, Taufua was stripped and Thurston done a forward pass off the set you shouldn't have had, the Foran try was a square up plain and simple, but don't let that get in the way of whinging about Manly

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Truth is you should've never gotten 12 points, Taufua was stripped and Thurston done a forward pass off the set you shouldn't have had,
A try is worth 12 points now?

The Eagle said:
the Foran try was a square up plain and simple, but don't let that get in the way of whinging about Manly

Who is whinging about Manly? Everyone is whinging about the refs? Typical attitude.

I just hope that whatever team loses tonight & whichever teams lose next week & the loser in the GF all lose because they were outplayed .
To get beaten fairly is acceptable.
To be done over like my team was last night is gut wrenching.

I think this latest debacle by the refs shows that the refs in the UK are better than those in the NRL. I really think that Aussie refs should be banned from referring international games until the standard rises.

GongPanther

Referee
The point that makes this farce all the more unbelievable is that we have two refs on the field,two linesmen and two video refs.

How the hell do we have a situation were the simple laws of the game are still being a massive misinterpretation?

firechild

First Grade
While watching the replays of the Oldfield try I first thought they were going to see the knock on. The when they moved on to Jamie Lyon's involvement I thought surely they would rule that he passed off the ground. When they were looking at the grounding I thought they were probably going to give it. I had mixed emotions, I was happy that it was going to effectively end the game and I was pretty unhappy about the 2nd Cowboys' try but at the same time I was appalled that the quality of refereeing had got to the point it has. There are now 2 video refs and neither of them could pick up what seemed like pretty basic problems with the try they were ruling on.

Latest posts