What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crappy Movie Sequels

LESStar58

Referee
Jaws 3 and 4.

Note I have not said 2. That is a good movie as a stand alone film let alone a sequel.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Note I have not said 2. That is a good movie as a stand alone film let alone a sequel.
Agreed. The shark smashing that chick when she couldn't get up on the capsized boat always horrified me as a kid lol.

Queen of the damned for me. Sequel to Interview with a Vampire. Aaliyah and Stuart Townsend were just terrible...

Oh and Superman 4. Sunman who's special power was his long radioactive fingernails... *shudders*

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
Godfather 3 is unfailingly maligned IMO. The only thing that spoils it ia Sofia Coppolla.

there was a straight to dvd carlitos way prequel that I didnt watch but I figured it would have sucked huge whale dick.

Rise to power. I actually saw this before I saw the original.

Has Jay Hernandez, Mario Van Peebles, Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Diddy/Sean Combs and Luis Guzman playing a completely different role to the original.

Not the worst prequel.

What movie sequels have disappointed you?

Speed 2

Rocky 5 & 6

Godfather part 3 (alright but not fussed on it)

Smokey and the Bandit 2 & 3

What makes your list?

Godfather 3 is always hardly done by IMO.

I think it did a good job of wrapping up the story & bringing it full circle.

When you follow what is possibly the greatest sequel ever it's always going to be hard.

LESStar58

Referee
Rise to power. I actually saw this before I saw the original.

lirnandez, Mario Van Peebles, Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Diddy/Sean Combs and Luis Guzman playing a completely different role to the original.

Not the worst prequel.

Yeah thats it.

thats the problem with CW and Scarface; they are just fodder for a bullshit gansgter and hip hop "lifestyle".

Indiana Jones 4
Matrix sequels
Star Wars prequels
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
The Dark Knight Rises
Alien 3 and 4
Mad Max 3
Die Hard 2 and 5
Quantum of Solace
Iron Man 2 and 3
Hannibal
X-Men 3
Spiderman 3

Some tough marking there springs

Star Wars episode 3 is a solid film IMO.

Dark Knight rises is a pretty good film. Doesn't belong on this list.

Die hard 2 suffers between two superior films but it's still ok.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Agree. Does raise an interesting point.

I would agree that all of those sequels are inferior, but wouldn't agree that most of them are crappy movies on their own merit.

MKII, Resident Evil 2, Starship Troopers 2, American Psycho 2, The Crow 2 etc. They're all crappy sequels and crappy on their own merits without doubt.

Having said that only MKII and Resident Evil 2 were big enough for theatrical releases iirc so they take the cake for me.

Springs

First Grade

He asked sequels that disappointed you. They all disappointed me. I don't mind Revenge of the Sith but I just lumped the whole prequel trilogy together as a disappointment. Same as I don't mind DKR but it was disappointing. Nowhere near as good as the first two.
Die Hard 2 is disappointing compared to 1 and 3 and even 4 so I put it on.

some11

Referee
Anchorman 2

Watched the first 20 minutes of this recently and deleted it, completely lost what made the original what it was, it had a story to tell first and foremost and the sequel just throws them together immediately over-doing the same gags which just feel forced.

Now I realise why the promoted the hell out of it, especially down here.

Caddyshack 2
Blues Brothers 2000
Flying High (Airplane) 2
Sister Act 2
Beverly Hills Cop 2 & 3
Ghost Busters 2