What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crappy Movie Sequels

Misanthrope

Staff member
But you can logically get past a man gaining super powers from a spider bite...
Honestly don't see how that scene is any worse that the rest of the fantastical stuff in Spiderman, movies or comics.

And as to 'terrible dialogue and forced wooden acting' well that's opinion, most don't find it that way.
For what it's supposed to be Spiderman 2 is one of the best. I'd rate it higher than any MCU films and probably better than any Marvel film except for X2.

I just can't agree with that last statement. Iron Man 1 & 2, The Avengers, X-2, X-Men: First Class, and Captain America 2 are all superior films IMO.

I enjoyed Spiderman 2, but it's not even close to the best MCU film in my mind.

MKEB...

Staff member
Lethal Weapon 3
Rambo 3
Waynes World 2
Another 48 Hrs
Star Trek 4,5 and 6
Star Trek TNG 3 and 4
Muppets take manhattan
Iceage 2

mongoose

Coach
I didn't mind Die Hard 4, I would rather watch DH 4 than DH 2.
1 and 3 are still the best. Yet to see number 5.

Die Hard 2 is a classic, why are people slamming that one?

4 was shit and 5 shouldn't even be considered part of the series, it was just a sick joke.

mackdadday

Juniors
All films are rubbish when compared with the ultimate joy and thrilling nature of pushing a hoop with a stick.

That said, Anchorman 2 was awesome. 'Bats are the chicken of the cave' 'cats are the chicken of the railroad'

Jimbo

Immortal
Michelle Pfeiffer is lucky that she's hot, because her career had no right to continue living after Grease 2

roofromoz

First Grade
Anchorman 2 was shit, can't believe people liked it.

It had its moments, but it was nothing on the original. There were parts that were laboured and there was one part of the movie in the back end that I thought went for about 15 minutes too long.

Springs

First Grade
I just can't agree with that last statement. Iron Man 1 & 2, The Avengers, X-2, X-Men: First Class, and Captain America 2 are all superior films IMO.

I enjoyed Spiderman 2, but it's not even close to the best MCU film in my mind.

Iron Man 2? That's probably the worst MCU film.

Die Hard 2 is arguably the best of the series, its just so much fun

In your mind maybe. It's nowhere near the original.

Springs

First Grade
I'd add Amazing Spiderman 2 to this list. Didn't like the first one either but 2 managed to be worse.

T.S Quint

Coach
Spiderman 2 loses points for me because it completely breaks logic and my suspension of disbelief when he's having coffee with Mary Jane and Doc Oc throws a car through the window at him. I just can't logically get beyond that point.

But you can logically get past a man gaining super powers from a spider bite...
Honestly don't see how that scene is any worse that the rest of the fantastical stuff in Spiderman, movies or comics.

And as to 'terrible dialogue and forced wooden acting' well that's opinion, most don't find it that way.
For what it's supposed to be Spiderman 2 is one of the best. I'd rate it higher than any MCU films and probably better than any Marvel film except for X2.

I don't want to put words into KTF's mouth or anything, but I'm guesing that scene annoys him for the same reason it annoys me.

Doc Ock needs Peter alive so he can find Spider-Man.
The only reason Peter survives the car being thrown at him is because of his spider-sense and reflexes, which Ock doesn't know he has.
Very cool looking scene, but utterly stupid and makes no sense.

Unbelievably corny dialogue aside, the rest of the movie is pretty good though.

T.S Quint

Coach
A lot of sequels mentioned in this thread aren't really all that bad, but just don't compare to the originals.
Also, I wouldn't even count straight-to-dvd sequels. They are obviously not going to be any good and nothing more than a lazy cash-in. Has there ever been a good one?

Having said that, some of the worst sequels I've seen would have to include:

Speed 2 - It's a joke of a movie from start to finish...and not in a good way.
Highlander 2 - It completely changes the mythology of the original....and DEFINITELY not in a good way.
Mission Impossible 2 - I still think the first one is the best. This one has a dumb story, pointless slow motion scenes and a terrible villain. John Woo is so overrated.
Star Wars Prequels - I know, they aren't actually sequels. But they came after the originals and are so incredibly bad that I'm putting them on here anyway. Some incredible special effects aside, they are some of the worst movies ever to hit the big screen. The writing, directing, editing, acting and stupid fan service is deplorable. Funny thing is, I love the originals so much that I convinced myself that these prequels were actually good for a period of time. I just wanted them to be good so badly.

Latest posts