What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crappy Movie Sequels

Danish

Referee
Austin Powers 3. f**king abomination Austin Powers 2 really only has about 15 decent minutes in it as well (all scenes involving mini-me and doctor evil, plus dr evil after the mojo drinking)

Really we could all save a lot of time and just say ALL sequels are disappointing, with the following exceptions:

- Aliens
- Terminator 2
- Empire Strikes Back
- Godfather Part 2

I don't count the LOTR movies as sequels as that was a trilogy from the beginning.

Zigwaa

Bench
Speed 2 hams to high heaven. I don't think I've ever seen a bigger pile of dump in my life. It actually offended me it was that bad.

Springs

First Grade
There's a lot more than that.
Die Hard 3, X2, Spiderman 2, Fast & Furious 5 and 6 (not my thing, but they are better rated than the previous 4), Desperado, Star Trek II, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, For a Few Dollars More, A Shot in the Dark, Captain America 2, Batman Returns, The Dark Knight, Back to the Future Part II, The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum, Bride of Frankenstein, Mad Max 2, numerous James Bond films, Before Sunset/Midnight, Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness, Dawn of the Dead, Toy Story 2 and 3, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban were all good. Many were better than the original.

Danish

Referee
There's a lot more than that.
Die Hard 3, X2, Spiderman 2, Fast & Furious 5 and 6 (not my thing, but they are better rated than the previous 4), Desperado, Star Trek II, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, For a Few Dollars More, A Shot in the Dark, Captain America 2, Batman Returns, The Dark Knight, Back to the Future Part II, The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum, Bride of Frankenstein, Mad Max 2, numerous James Bond films, Before Sunset/Midnight, Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness, Dawn of the Dead, Toy Story 2 and 3, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban were all good. Many were better than the original.

I'll give you most of those, although Spiderman 2 sucked just as much if not more balls than Spiderman 1 (the scenes with Doc Oc and his wife explained marriage and love to Peter are about as cringeworthy as it gets)

Springs

First Grade
I'll give you most of those, although Spiderman 2 sucked just as much if not more balls than Spiderman 1 (the scenes with Doc Oc and his wife explained marriage and love to Peter are about as cringeworthy as it gets)

You're in the minority there. Most people liked both Spiderman 1 and 2. Far better than 3 or the reboot.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Austin Powers 3. f**king abomination Austin Powers 2 really only has about 15 decent minutes in it as well (all scenes involving mini-me and doctor evil, plus dr evil after the mojo drinking)

Really we could all save a lot of time and just say ALL sequels are disappointing, with the following exceptions:

- Aliens
- Terminator 2
- Empire Strikes Back
- Godfather Part 2

I don't count the LOTR movies as sequels as that was a trilogy from the beginning.

You can add:

Karate Kid 2

Bulldog Force

Referee
Son of the Mask! Gone from one of the funniest and unique movies ever in The Mask to perhaps one of the most boring, unfunny things ever!

Danish

Referee
You're in the minority there. Most people liked both Spiderman 1 and 2. Far better than 3 or the reboot.

I agree they are better than Spiderman 3 or the reboot, but they are still crappy.

I rank them both about on par with The Punisher. Very watchable action scenes, absolutely terrible dialogue delivered by some of the most forced and wooden acting performances going.

Granted the Spiderman story doesn't really lend itself to great storytelling anyway, but you'd think the Punisher would be just crying out for the "dark gritty reboot" treatment.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Spiderman 2 loses points for me because it completely breaks logic and my suspension of disbelief when he's having coffee with Mary Jane and Doc Oc throws a car through the window at him. I just can't logically get beyond that point.

Springs

First Grade
Spiderman 2 loses points for me because it completely breaks logic and my suspension of disbelief when he's having coffee with Mary Jane and Doc Oc throws a car through the window at him. I just can't logically get beyond that point.

But you can logically get past a man gaining super powers from a spider bite...
Honestly don't see how that scene is any worse that the rest of the fantastical stuff in Spiderman, movies or comics.

And as to 'terrible dialogue and forced wooden acting' well that's opinion, most don't find it that way.
For what it's supposed to be Spiderman 2 is one of the best. I'd rate it higher than any MCU films and probably better than any Marvel film except for X2.

Latest posts