What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket 2007

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
The page won't load for me but I'm guessing that's Ricky Ponting cricket?

It would want to be a WHOLE lot better than the first one. It was pretty boring, scoring double hundreds with Jason Gillespie is only fun so many times. Plus the rosters were way out of date, and there were no licences for exhibition matches. At least with EA they include state teams so that all the new players coming into the real Aussie team are in the game already.

ak47

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
The page won't load for me but I'm guessing that's Ricky Ponting cricket?

It would want to be a WHOLE lot better than the first one. It was pretty boring, scoring double hundreds with Jason Gillespie is only fun so many times. Plus the rosters were way out of date, and there were no licences for exhibition matches. At least with EA they include state teams so that all the new players coming into the real Aussie team are in the game already.

Yes its better - as far as features and gameplay additions like:

Throwing to both ends
Reflex slip catch matrix system
X360 version - next gen cricket baby

They have fixed alot of the bowling bugs with speeds

The first one was better than EACricket2005 - it is open to interpretation, but sales win the war, and RPIC sold more than EA, in which the ICC have acknowldged and Macolm Speed has granted full fledged official support, via World Cup and Champions Trophy liscenses..........this is the beginning of the downward spiral for EA, as they will consequently lose what excusive they have, and the next Pontings will be fully liscensed.
The only thing unliscensed now are the TEST matches - i know that sucks.

EACricket2007 is a good step up from previous EA efforts.
but with next gen Ricky Ponting, we are about to see the real deal, and with World Cup release window, 2 of the greatest batters of all time on the covers (Brian Lara in UK etc), and a press conference from Malcom Speed ICC - it seems the sports backing is going to Ricky Ponting version.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
ak47 said:
The only thing unliscensed now are the TEST matches - i know that sucks.

So if I play a one day exhibition match they have all the real names and likenesses? Also, what are the squads like? That's one of the main issues I have is that within a few months of release the game could be well out of date, Hussey wasn't even in the last one. That and the fact that Tony Greig was a commentator on the game, there aren't many people I'd like to punch in the throat more than that bloke, but apart from him the commentary on RPIC06 was 1000 times better than on EA.

I read something about it being an online game too, is that true? Also, are there custom bowling actions for certain bowlers?

ak47

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
So if I play a one day exhibition match they have all the real names and likenesses? Also, what are the squads like? That's one of the main issues I have is that within a few months of release the game could be well out of date, Hussey wasn't even in the last one. That and the fact that Tony Greig was a commentator on the game, there aren't many people I'd like to punch in the throat more than that bloke, but apart from him the commentary on RPIC06 was 1000 times better than on EA.

I read something about it being an online game too, is that true? Also, are there custom bowling actions for certain bowlers?

go to this
http://www.planetcricket.net/blc/

has everything you need to know
sqauds arent confirmed yet - they are awaiting until all ICC WC teams submit their squads - this is any day now

ODI exhibition matches are classed as WC/ICC warm up matches - thus are liscensed

As there is an X360 version - its online - u cant develop an X360 game without online

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think if EA can further refine that batting system the game would be awesome. My only issue is that you can't find the gaps because the stick acts too much like digital and not analog.

willvillain

Juniors
Had a partnership of over 1000 between Thornley and Clarke for NSW in a Pura Cup game. Not sure if individual scores, but Thornley ended up with a fair bit more than Clarke. Oh, and it was on 3*.

It pisses me off that you have to save your profile to save your records. I always forget, and it means that my current highest score is only 270 or something with Simon Katich.

Latest posts