What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

undertaker

Coach

Found a replay of last night's episode:

The actual face-to-face confrontation between Chappelli and Botham is confined to just the last few minutes of the show.

Everything up to then is all the waffle that most cricket fans on this forum would already be aware of (e.g. how the whole Chappell-Botham feud began back in the late '70s).

Last edited:
Was discussed when AB was on the panel for the India series earlier in the year, but it has been confirmed Allan Border has Parkinson’s disease - diagnosed back in 2016.
Such a sad thing to hear for the great man. I wish him all the best as a cricketer I have always admired.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Was discussed when AB was on the panel for the India series earlier in the year, but it has been confirmed Allan Border has Parkinson’s disease - diagnosed back in 2016.
Such a sad thing to hear for the great man. I wish him all the best as a cricketer I have always admired.
just saw that too, and started a thread as I hadn't seen this - he will always be an icon, great is used too often, but he's unquestionably one of the greatest

undertaker

Coach
Found a replay of last night's episode:

The actual face-to-face confrontation between Chappelli and Botham is confined to just the last few minutes of the show.

Everything up to then is all the waffle that most cricket fans on this forum would already be aware of (e.g. how the whole Chappell-Botham feud began back in the late '70s).

Found a clip on YouTube of the face-to-face confrontation:

undertaker

Coach
Speaking of stumbling upon random cricket matches, found this from the 1988 Bicentennial Youth Cricket World Cup semi-final between Australia and England at Adelaide Oval:

Noticeable names that played in this match that went onto play test cricket include Mike Atherton, Mark Ramprakash, Nasser Hussain, Chris Lewis, Warren Hegg, Stuart Law and Alan Mullally.

Other future test players that took part in this tournament included Martin Bicknell, Venkatapathy Raju, Andrew Caddick, Chris Cairns, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Sanath Jayasuriya, Brian Lara and Jimmy Adams.

What surprised me more is that the match was televised on the Sky Racing channel! I wasn't aware that Sky Racing used to televise cricket matches. However, since stumbling upon this footage, I read in a YouTube comment somewhere else that in the pre-Foxtel and Optus era (when Sky Racing was only available in TABs, pubs and clubs), Sky Racing also used to broadcast some Sheffield Shield matches. Maybe someone here that follows horse racing may be able to verify that.

Last edited: