What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

JJ

Immortal
FMD, it's one thing when players (in our case Boult, CDG) opt out of central contracts for lifestyle and monetary reasons... it's another when the f**king central board says our T20 competition is more important than test cricket - f**k you RSA - I get that they need to pay the bills, but if they're not supporting test cricket as the pinnacle, they can f**k right off

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/s...-will-send-weakened-squad-to-face-black-caps/

King-Gutho94

Coach
FMD, it's one thing when players (in our case Boult, CDG) opt out of central contracts for lifestyle and monetary reasons... it's another when the f**king central board says our T20 competition is more important than test cricket - f**k you RSA - I get that they need to pay the bills, but if they're not supporting test cricket as the pinnacle, they can f**k right off

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/sport/cricricket-south-africa-will-send-weakened-squad-to-face-black-caps
They made there intentions pretty clear in the FTA for the next 5-6 years they weren't interested in test cricket.

I think they play 14 test matches and none of them are 3 match series.

JJ

Immortal
They made there intentions pretty clear in the FTA for the next 5-6 years they weren't interested in test cricket.

I think they play 14 test matches and none of them are 3 match series.
I get it's complex, but if you agree to play internationals you need to make your contracted players available - otherwise it just becomes a joke...

We don't get three test series, which is shit in itself, but it is (IMO anyway) the pinnacle... guess I am just old and the cricket world has passed me by

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I fear South Africa are heading the way of the West Indies in test cricket.

There are already unofficial tiers in test cricket.
1. India, Australia England.
2. New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa
3. West Indies, Bangladesh, Afghanistan
4. Zimbabwe, Ireland

The danger is tier 3 and 4 gettimg bigger.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I fear South Africa are heading the way of the West Indies in test cricket.

There are already unofficial tiers in test cricket.
1. India, Australia England.
2. New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa
3. West Indies, Bangladesh, Afghanistan
4. Zimbabwe, Ireland

The danger is tier 3 and 4 gettimg bigger.
Well Australia outside of the windies don't bother playing anyone below tier 2.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I get it's complex, but if you agree to play internationals you need to make your contracted players available - otherwise it just becomes a joke...

We don't get three test series, which is shit in itself, but it is (IMO anyway) the pinnacle... guess I am just old and the cricket world has passed me by
I agree.

It's a bit of joke the Aussie v kiwis series in NZ in march next year is just 2 tests what if it ends up 1-all.

How deflating for everyone

TheParraboy

Staff member

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/s...-will-send-weakened-squad-to-face-black-caps/

Disappointing is putting it mildly

Add to that The NZ v SA test series is also part of the WTC as far as points go, so some free points coming to NZ.

It also deflates us test nutters (well me anyway) from looking forward to watching a very good non Aussie test series, knowing one nation basically couldn’t give a shit

Bazal

Post Whore
Well Australia outside of the windies don't bother playing anyone below tier 2.

Why should we?

I mean I'm a massive fan of the smaller nations don't get me wrong but Test cricket is already a bit perilous. Two day tests against f**ken Bangladesh in Melbourne aren't going to solve that. And they're worse than India for pitch doctoring when we go over there.

Even tier 2 are rapidly giving up on Test cricket and heading towards actively avoiding it.

The ICC has f**ked small nations because India want nothing to do with them. We aren't blameless either, it's true, but the ICC is the organisation that needs to take charge. Shit like no associates at the ODI world cup hardly helps. At the moment the big three model is the only thing keeping test cricket afloat, as much as it can also hurt it at times.

Tangentially related, poor old Afghanistan should be stripped of international status. Not ideal.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Why should we?

I mean I'm a massive fan of the smaller nations don't get me wrong but Test cricket is already a bit perilous. Two day tests against f**ken Bangladesh in Melbourne aren't going to solve that. And they're worse than India for pitch doctoring when we go over there.

Even tier 2 are rapidly giving up on Test cricket and heading towards actively avoiding it.

The ICC has f**ked small nations because India want nothing to do with them. We aren't blameless either, it's true, but the ICC is the organisation that needs to take charge. Shit like no associates at the ODI world cup hardly helps. At the moment the big three model is the only thing keeping test cricket afloat, as much as it can also hurt it at times.

Tangentially related, poor old Afghanistan should be stripped of international status. Not ideal.
Well horse has bolter now.

But for generations CA has treated new test playing nations like a piece of trash.

My point is how are they going to get better if they don't play test cricket.

Yeah a 3 day test flogging by an innings isn't great. But it's not like they can catapult to an all-star team from scratch.

Gaining experience and exposure at that level is the only way there going to improve

Reactions: JJ

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Don't we all have to play so many games to qualify for World Test Championship?

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think Uzzie will be a great commentator.

He doesn't pull any punches, suck up to anyone or sit on a fence like some dopes in the box.

Latest posts