What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crisis rocks Parramatta club as director quits

The headline of the article itself is a beat up and doesn't require much further thought.

Some of you guys that are members should definitely be asking further questions though. Alot depends on to what extent the article is accurate, but some rather glaring holes in governance have been exposed. I would be somewhat concerned as well to why Ozzie contends Spagolo's funds haven't been used, but Spagnolo seems to indicate the opposite. And also more importantly, to what extent similar 'dealings' have occurred in the past. Not to mention how Ozzie racked up his bill in the first place and what action was taken against him for what is likely a breach of the terms of use of the card.

The indication from the article is there is potential for Parramatta to lose a major sponsor over this. Marketable a brand as they are, there is no doubt losing a major sponsor would hurt any NRL club.

Far Canal

Juniors
Where there is smoke there is fire.

This is the same bloke who left a Woolies store without paying for the goods. Seems to me like there are some issues with our CEO.

TheParraboy

Staff member
smiley_abku.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The indication from the article is there is potential for Parramatta to lose a major sponsor over this. Marketable a brand as they are, there is no doubt losing a major sponsor would hurt any NRL club.

Given we had Pirtek's managing director on our board, it's well possible we were undersold. In much the same way that the NRL's TV rights were undersold to News Limited.

That's called a 'conflict of interest', and Duncan hasn't got a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about professionalism.

Thanks to hard work from the people running the club, the Eels brand is worth a lot more than it was when Pirtek got on board. Maybe Duncan was pushed.

Gronk

Staff member
Duncan was a sponsor then became a board member. Pirtek was appointed whilst Fitzy was in charge.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Duncan was a sponsor then became a board member. Pirtek was appointed whilst Fitzy was in charge.

It doesn't matter when or where or why. The fact always was and always will be, that having the CEO of our major sponsor sitting on the same board that chooses our major sponsor was always a conflict of interest. I'm just happy that it is no longer the case.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
If I remember correctly he was first appointed by the current board without the members having any say in it.
So if it was a conflict of interest it was the boards own creation.

Amateurs.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I agree with Overweight Moron. It's real strange that Ozzy was sure he didn't get Spags to pay back the money he stole, yet Spags said in the email that Ozzy requested the funds from Spags to pay back the club.
Somebody is lying. It could be either of them, they both have form.

Eels Dude

Coach
It doesn't matter when or where or why. The fact always was and always will be, that having the CEO of our major sponsor sitting on the same board that chooses our major sponsor was always a conflict of interest. I'm just happy that it is no longer the case.

Most definately. He shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Stagger eel

Staff member
If I remember correctly he was first appointed by the current board without the members having any say in it.
So if it was a conflict of interest it was the boards own creation.

Amateurs.

um! how do you think Geoff Gerard and Tracey Wong (I think that was her name) were appointed??

Edit: I think her name was Nancy, Mick Cronin was her favourite player, only problem was she didn't know who he was..

bartman

Immortal
Um, to take the defensiveness out of it... I'd presume ME is talking about the conflict of interest point - answering the post about having your main sponsor on the Board? (Not just about past Boards appointing anyone to casual vacancies, which happens all the time.)

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Yes that's right Bart.

When he was first appointed I thought it was a conflict of interest. But I changed my mind as I don't see any conflict.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Um, to take the defensiveness out of it... I'd presume ME is talking about the conflict of interest point - answering the post about having your main sponsor on the Board? (Not just about past Boards appointing anyone to casual vacancies, which happens all the time.)

regardless, all directors appointed outside an ellection should go to a ballat to members..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol...and if this is true, Ozzy will be just as gone. Hopefully it is true, we'll finally be rid of the fat idiot.

Why would you hope it's true? Are you that bitter?

If Osborne gets the arse I'll believe he deserved it, and I'll join you in kicking his arse down the road. But until then he's the CEO of my footy club and I'll assume a bunch of losers have it in for him for political/personal reasons.

Which is far more likely.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Why would you hope it's true? Are you that bitter?

If Osborne gets the arse I'll believe he deserved it, and I'll join you in kicking his arse down the road. But until then he's the CEO of my footy club and I'll assume a bunch of losers have it in for him for political/personal reasons.

Which is far more likely.

The bastard tried to steal our money. Allegedly.

Latest posts