What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla resigned to losing Kade Snowden to Newcastle Knights with Nathan Tinkler tak

danielb

Juniors
Technically, if Tinkler does intend to "Buy Back The Farm" shouldn't he be spending his money ensuring that the Newcastle local juniors have a solid and professional development program.

To use the farming analogy: shouldn't he be keeping the young sprouts in the close care of the glasshouse and making sure that they're ready to transplant rather than go buy all ready cropped players?

Or is all of this a load of bovine manure and pork-barrelling.

If you go to bed with pigs be prepared to wake up smelling like a pig's arse.
Thats excactly what Tinkler and Stone said at the members board meeting when a member asked them about newcastle juniors returning, they said our first priority is to strengthen the local league and retain juniors then if possible look at former players.

BWNB

First Grade
Moving Gal to prop would be a good move, getting Bird back would be even better.
Question, would the Sharks officials even consider signing him up?

tye

Juniors
My thoughts exactly Reefman. The way he's going he will take over Snowy's position in Cronulla/NSW/Australia sooner rather than later.

I hope that is the case but gee I havent seen it yet. I guess when he gets a bit fitter and has more game time he will develop.

As for Clayton how far away from 1st grade is he?

One tough old hard head who is not signed for next year is Josh Miller from the raiders. Could be a good pick up as he is a great leader and is the fittest player at the raiders!

Last edited:

Special K

Coach
The thing that bugs me is how happy Kade is at the sharks. I can understand going home and all that but he loves the joint and would stay if it was not for this monstrous offer. You can't blame him for taking the crazy money but it really just stinks of Tinkler throwing crazy money just to prove he can. I really wonder how their books will be balanced for the next few years.

Lets get this development done and buy Kade back in 4 years ;)

Ausguy

Coach
With Snowden gone, i would be looking to see if either Asotasi is off contract or reunite the Mannah brothers, the way Parra are going Tim may want out

Asotasi?

f**k no!

Geez.... give me half of what he is on and il play for the sharks.

Asotasi is an overated over paid player.

Save the coin be smart with it, let him go and win a comp and then have it stripped for breaching salary cap.

He can go for all i care, and yep it is for the money and good on him, but it wont stop people calling him a dog.

roboshark

Coach
I'm shattered we will lose kade...thise pricks didn't want him. The knights fans here also weren't overly fussed....now look at them

f**k when will something go our way ffs

Ausguy

Coach
it is quite amazing we will never get this development off the ground and they have a guy walk in and slap millions on the table... fmd....

one team town

and they won. had fulton not been so good, or sludge kicked one more goal. well then there ya go

plus. hes a mining magnate in a mining town. makes sense

roboshark

Coach
What about all of the wealthy people in the shire...we have to fight tooth and nail for everythhing

Good on knights but geezus why can't we cut a break

again

never quite won the hearts and minds by winning it.

couldnt beat fulton
couldnt get over the line in 78
choked in 88
choked in the 90's various years

we had plenty of chances to grab that all important sing when your winning bandwagon.

but. for some reason...we never got over that magic safety line.

look at the Raiders

The raiders will never be able to compete corporately with the Brisbanes, the Roosters, The Knights now. not enough major business players here.

they will rely on juniors to build every few years.

but they will always be safe because if push came to shove the bandwagon would be there.

we just dont have that wagon.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The thing that bugs me is how happy Kade is at the sharks. I can understand going home and all that but he loves the joint and would stay if it was not for this monstrous offer. You can't blame him for taking the crazy money but it really just stinks of Tinkler throwing crazy money just to prove he can. I really wonder how their books will be balanced for the next few years.

Lets get this development done and buy Kade back in 4 years ;)

I think if the offers were ballpark he'd stay at the Sharks. Shaping up real well if they get him though with Costigan up there already.

carcharias

Immortal
I actually am glad for the Knights re tinkler.

I like it up there ...good waves ...good pubs...be a shame had they folded.

who didn't cheer when Albert scored the match winner against Manly?