What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla Sharks Development Approved!

Card Shark

Immortal
Did the Sharks end up keeping any of the land or have they sold it all off

I guess they keep the club car park land as part of their rental income but are selling land where the units go (i.e playing fields).

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Remember Provan's Discounts?

Word is Colin Best will have a discount shop in the retail centre, it will be called Colin Best & Less.

legend

Coach
Congrats Sharkies. Hopefully you become the dominant team in Sydney's South for a long time to come! ;-)

jc155776

Coach
I guess they keep the club car park land as part of their rental income but are selling land where the units go (i.e playing fields).

Incorrect.

The land itself is at all times owned by the Sharks.

If Bluestone go under with the job half completed we still own the land and can finish it off with someone else.

Risk minimization strategy.

beave

Coach
This what Oasis would have been.

Well done you merkins.

Does any of the money go toward extending the trophy cabinet?

Umm, don't you need silverware to necessitate said trophy cabinet in the first place???
:p :p :p
And Amco cups don't count.....................the World 7's bowl that we won in 2003 is much more prestigious............

legend

Coach
Could become? Will become more like it. It's good to see clubs drag themselves into the 21st century. It was long overdue.

TimmyB

Juniors
Fantastic news. I still harbour some ill will toward Cronulla re: SL. Old habits die hard. Having said that, I never wanted to see the club die; it would be terribly sad for the supporters, and more importantly bad for the game.

It's a bit ugly watching supporters of other teams (sincerely) deathriding a club. Hate them on the field, but off the field securing the future of one club is a boon for the other clubs.

I'd like to see Cronulla really become the masthead of the Shire community. With a population of its size and with what appears to outsiders as an extremely homogenous identity, there is no reasion why Cronulla shouldn't be attracting 17k+ a week.

carcharias

Immortal
Well greenhills beach development and the actual Gallenworld development will mean an instant crowd increase you would imagine.

Not to mention the brick pit development..........plus there should be about 23 houses for sale across the road from the development.
They come complete with wheelchair access and ready to go sloganized cardboard placards.

a few artists impressions of it

feature-club-2.png

feature-club.png

http://www.infoonsharks.com.au/

Last edited:

bottle

Coach
Despite the grandeur of Quigs' proposal he has continually refused to answer my query as to where the hotdog stand is located.

It's my understanding that this is a pivotally important meeting point for disgruntled fellow Sharkies supporters to sort out differences. Am I to understand that such meeting point is no longer to exist, suggesting that Sharks supporters are getting soft?

This is a real issue and needs to addressed immediately I would of thought.

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Fantastic news. I still harbour some ill will toward Cronulla re: SL. Old habits die hard. Having said that, I never wanted to see the club die; it would be terribly sad for the supporters, and more importantly bad for the game.

It's a bit ugly watching supporters of other teams (sincerely) deathriding a club. Hate them on the field, but off the field securing the future of one club is a boon for the other clubs.

I'd like to see Cronulla really become the masthead of the Shire community. With a population of its size and with what appears to outsiders as an extremely homogenous identity, there is no reasion why Cronulla shouldn't be attracting 17k+ a week.

That is very big of you. I think I'll just maintain the hate for the backstabbing bastards.

Jono1987

Juniors
Good for you scum fans.

This however won't make Cronulla a financial powerhouse. Not even close. It will merely provide breathing room.

Which I'm sure is a welcome feeling after the last four or five years.

Teddyboy

First Grade
That's the point. We won't have to rely on crowds like some clubs. So when we are playing poor it not ideal but won't hurt as much financially.

Well I be f**ked off If I was in the team playing in front of a half filled ground plus doesn't look good on TV.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Over 1000 additional cars pouring in and out of the area on a captain cook drive every morning isn't going to cause any headaches for people is it?

Nor is the destruction of a half dozen soccer fields going to have any negative effects on the people who previously played sport there I suppose.

As to the 1100 jobs created, they'll just be filled by people previously employed elsewhere in the shire (probably to the detriment of other local businesses).

Most of my fellow shire residents I've spoken to aren't fans of the development. the sharks being financially viable is not really high up on care factor compared to adding a buttload of extra traffic trying to get over captain cook bridge each morning or piling onto the already insufficient train services.

I live in cronulla, don't care about the sharks and I'm stoked about it. Now I don't have to drive to fcking Caringbah when I realise I don't have a tomato.