What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla Sharks facing financial oblivion

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Who says he will be sacked? He may not be , and could well be in the starting side round one , with his girlfriend cheering him on. A reformed man.

me.

it will be interesting to see though, if he asks for a release prior to court, how long before all the charges are dropped.

carcharias

Immortal
<H1>Sharks finances `ship-shape'
BY BRAD FORREST
19/11/2008 4:00:00 AM
CRONULLA Sharks Leagues Club expects to announce an increased profit and deliver the Sharks football club a grant of about $1.5 million, an amount it usually receives.

The club yesterday forecast a projected profit of between $1.5milion and $1.6million, up about $200,000 on last year, once accounts from the financial year ending October 31 are finalised.

While the Sharks' profits have been hit hard by the combined weight of the increased state government poker machine taxes and smoking bans, they have not suffered like many other clubs, some of which will report losses of between $1 million and $10 million.

``Things are tough all round, but unlike a report last week which suggested we were broke, we are working diligently through this tough period,'' said Sharks chairman Barry Pierce yesterday.

``Like many clubs whose income is reduced in the off season, we asked for an increase in our line of credit, and that led to this report [last week] in a newspaper.

``Since then we have been boosted further by $120,000 from the National Rugby League for making the NRL finals, and a bonus of more than $100,000 from [major sponsor] LG for doing well.''

Pierce said two months ago the Sharks commissioned accountancy firm and sleeve sponsor, PKF, to review the leagues club and football club
operations, with a report due out soon.

However, the Sharks said player salaries and staff redundancies were not being considered.

``The club has been prudent, that is why we expect to go close to matching the usual $1.5 million grant given to the football club, for season 2009,'' Pierce said.

``I'm sure our bank [St George] is pleased that we undertook a comprehensive review of both the licensed and football clubs.''
Sharkies Leagues Club announced its Sunday ``family days'' will return on December 7, with bands, kids' club, jumping castles, including a cheap barbecue for parents (contact 95230222).
</H1>http://stgeorge.yourguide.com.au/ne...league/sharks-finances-shipshape/1363589.aspx

http://stgeorge.yourguide.com.au/ne...eague/sharks-finances-shipshape/1363589.aspx#
http://stgeorge.yourguide.com.au/ne...eague/sharks-finances-shipshape/1363589.aspx#
javascript:changeFontSize('story',1), post: "
javascript:changeFontSize('story',-1), post: "

carinashark

First Grade
Ben Cousins , back in the AFL. So lets not say Bird cant play for us next season. Ricky has talked informaly with him last week , things are happening. A reformed man , a new man .If I were him I would stay with the Sharks if at all possible , maybe take a pay cut . play a full season under Ricky then look around or resign . It keeps the bucks flowing.

Quint

Juniors
Ah the King Wan...Had Many a good feed there....that I can recall.....
Noth'n like a nice Scissorszechuan queenjersy.....

Ausguy

Coach
peter gow
in the king wan
with the scissors

.... imagine if he did it nowadays.... fmd.... he'd have to ring elle and ask her if she'd take the wrap for him...

Quigs

Immortal
Re Mr Gow - you have to commit an offence first to get into strife. His alleged incident was merely a necessary act of revulsion.

Crikey anyone wearing that sh!t deserves all they get or got.

Cheers
Quigs

gunnamatta bay

Referee
can history repeat???

i use to love that restaurant - wish they would bring it back
if only. used to be great after a game hoeing into a Chinese feed.

They are buidling a new Chinese restaurant at St George btw where the Heritage room used to be on the 1st floor. Should be open for our third round match so we can all get up there in our sharks jerseys and dare anyone to come near us with scissors.

What what its name will be? Hummmm.....

spider

Coach
They are buidling a new Chinese restaurant at St George btw where the Heritage room used to be on the 1st floor. Should be open for our third round match

we have the wood on saints in recent times, and i think we will beat them to this as well