What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla Sharks want to bring Brett Kimmorley back for one last hurrah

webShark

Kelly is not there because he had a spat with the club and is close to being sacked

Except Flanno,everyone he could have had a spat with has left :sarcasm: Sack him, he has shown nothing. Filinga,Wright and now Kelly. All duds. Cant anyone spot potential? We can sure spot duds. Even Mcgrady came with wraps , Brackin Henry before him. Seriously, who recruits these duds? By law of averages, we must unearth someone soon.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Brackin Henry wasnt a dud by any means. Just very young. Our club needs to keep building on the systems that Ricky was building. WE get these yong guys & pay them shyte loads because we have to & that IMO, is what ruins them. big headed prima donnas like Filiga.
AS for recruitment Sticky openly said all along his biggest mistake at the club was not fighting to have somebody permanent on in charge of recruitment.

webShark

Brackin Henry wasnt a dud by any means. Just very young. .
Point taken.Maybe dud was a bit strong. I was just hoping for more from the new Benji !! i havent the answer but Henry dropped to the depths of Southern Districts when they were really bad. He has hardly set the world alight. We get one of these a year and they come with high expectations. Maybe it is the money. But surely Matt wright and Henry couldnt have been on that much.

My vote for biggest waste of money is Tupou. Sucks big dollars out of our cap and rarely seen. IMO, even worse value than Darren Mapp. (who was half the price and also did nothing). At least Mapp didnt occupy a spot in the team. Ross was a waste of money but hardly his fault. BK too,but I concede he tried.

I swear there are games when i dont even know Tupou has played. This is a serious issue as if we could unload him, we could compete for someone useful. We were thought bo have a great back row with Gallen, Bird,Tupou,Thompson,Anderson and Williams. Now we have Gallen(good job he puts in). Broderick Wright cant seem to reproduce his average Eels form. What do we do to these players? I even forgot about Cuthbo

I couldnt stand Opes, but his opinion about the culture was on the mark.However,his attempts too change it made things worse.

Its so hard to figure , as players such as Nuts,Beattie,Craig Stapleton,Lance and Cov all tried their guts out. Must be something within the individual.

Much as I dont like to admit it, I think we are considered a soft option /last resort by potential recruits (at all stages of their career). I even had high hopes of Darren Albert. Dont also forget Merritt looked disinterested whilst with us. Must be a culture thing. Only thing i can come up with. Beau Scott the same. Couldnt stand him when he played for us. Who cared when Kingston left? Now voted the games most ubderrated player!!

I saw Travis Burns play some good reserve grade games for us. he has since done a good job for 3 other clubs. Not brilliant but better than what we have now.

Dane Nelson , nothing for us now we want him back !! Bryson Goodwin done ok since leaving. Cant be all coincidence.

What did we do to Corey Hughes? Years of wholeheated effort for Dogs,followed by one year of tripe for us.

Norrie done ok for Storm. Better than Cordoba for us anyway.

Is there an answer? Probably not.

We need players with character. Where you get them from is anybody's guess.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Yeah all good points. I will pull you up on the Toops issue though. When we we got him he was not an 80 minute player. He was playing prop or a props game & was subbed during the game. I think even his first year with us was the same.
I rate him & think he is well worth the money as he is the most damaging offloader & runner in the NRL.
Maybe its time to start subbing him again?

Inferno

Coach
Fair point Reefy. Could also then move Morris to lock, and have Aiton go for the full 80 with a bench of Dougy, Vave, Wright, Cordoba?

webShark

I rate him & think he is well worth the money as he is the most damaging offloader & runner in the NRL.
QUOTE]

Regarding Toops,we will have to agree to disagree. The most damaging runner in the NRL!! Are you his manager. IMO,he is not even the most damaging runner at the Sharks.

I accept what you said about his role. My memory must be going. I cant remember him playing prop role. Morley/Cayless and others did that. Why did we pay such a figure for a benchie is beyond me?