What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross is a Toss

Raider_69

Post Whore
what a f**king scum bag, i hope the useless f**king merkin gets 15 weeks plus, eye gougers are the lowest form of scum on a footy feild... cant wait to hear his bitching and moaning about how he was unfairly rubbed out for eye gouging and it cost him a spot in the greatest of all time team or some stupid sh*t like that

redVgirl

Juniors
that was REALLY dodgy. i didnt see it properly at first, thought morrison was milking the penalty but DAMMMMN.....no wonder he was pissed off! i dont understand why players continue to do dodgy thing little things in the video age.

my theory is cross's general ugliness has made him all angry and eye gougy! un attractive people always seem to be more violent don't you think? lol...;-)

Broncodroid

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
More like:

"CROSS HOPES INCIDENT DOESN'T JEAPORDISE HIS FUTURE PLACE IN THE IMMORTALS".

:lol:

IS there a potential thread here for Ryan Cross that rivals the Paul Carriage Award thread? :lol:

Thread title: The Ryan Cross Headlines for the week

Broncodroid

Juniors
my theory is cross's general ugliness has made him all angry and eye gougy! un attractive people always seem to be more violent don't you think? lol...

Don't know, I am the most passive person I know...;-) :lol:

redVgirl

Juniors
bahahah...good call! im verrrrrry angry first thing in the morning, specially after a night out on the voddies ;-) :lol:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Broncodroid said:
:lol:

IS there a potential thread here for Ryan Cross that rivals the Paul Carriage Award thread? :lol:

Thread title: The Ryan Cross Headlines for the week

No... he's just this week's winner of the John Hopoate award... other winners this year include Shayne "it's a medical condition" Dunley, Jason "one octave or two?" Stevens and Hoppa himself. Last year's award was a toss up between Danny "quick, look over there" Williams and Greg "mind if I use your head as a hacky sack" Bird.

Ozzwald

Juniors
I haven't seen the incident yet, but if it's as blatent & nasty as everyone is suggesting, then he should be treated in a similar fashion to Steve Linnane was in 1986 when he got 15 months for the same offence. Eye gouging is a dastardly, cowardly & sick act & should be punished accordingly. It has no place in our sport (or any sport for that matter). There are many ways to try & 'disable' your opponent in a game of Rugby League. But even of the illegal ones such as foreams, swinging arms etc don't hold a candle to the eye gouge in my opinion. There's not a more guttless or unmany act on the sporting field than that (well, John Hoppa haters may disagree! LOL!) & as such is needs to be punished to the full extent - whether he is a Roosters player or on the fringe of state selection or not.
The disturbing thing I have noticed already is that in the post-match review of the Rooster-Eels clash on NRL.com, Ryan Cross' eye gouge does not even get a mention.

aqua_duck

Coach
they talked about it in the channel 9 coverage. 1st thing Gus says, "its not his go"
Well clearly it is, there's no one else that ugly

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ozzwald said:
I haven't seen the incident yet, but if it's as blatent & nasty as everyone is suggesting, then he should be treated in a similar fashion to Steve Linnane was in 1986 when he got 15 months for the same offence. Eye gouging is a dastardly, cowardly & sick act & should be punished accordingly. It has no place in our sport (or any sport for that matter). There are many ways to try & 'disable' your opponent in a game of Rugby League. But even of the illegal ones such as foreams, swinging arms etc don't hold a candle to the eye gouge in my opinion. There's not a more guttless or unmany act on the sporting field than that (well, John Hoppa haters may disagree! LOL!) & as such is needs to be punished to the full extent - whether he is a Roosters player or on the fringe of state selection or not.
The disturbing thing I have noticed already is that in the post-match review of the Rooster-Eels clash on NRL.com, Ryan Cross' eye gouge does not even get a mention.

well said

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
If Cross plays another game in 2005 then the NRL really need to have a bloody good look at the judiciary. What he did was a disgace, worse than anything Hopoate ever did (poking someone's rear end can't cause permanent damage before anyone says anything).

This could ruin the Roosters season if there is justice. Monaghan back in the centres and Walker back on his wing, all because Cross is a dirty little scumbag.

bluesbreaker

Bench
I'm worried it's not going to get the attention (and suspension) it deserves. All bullsh*t aside from you conspiracy theory idiots, it really wasn't made that big a deal of in the telecast. Maybe there's different levels of eye-gouging or something, but Rabs and his crew didn't seem to care too much about the whole incident. He should be slapped with at least 10 weeks, but I think it's going to be a 2 or 3 week thing.

Dirk Titan

Juniors
A low act from Cross. To me what makes it worse is that it was a pre meditated act to continue on with an earlier incident with Morris. A true man would retaliate with a hard hit up or legal tackle, not eye gouge when a player has there arms pinned in a tackle.

I will no speculate on the length of his punishment, but watch with interest in the way the Roosters handle the situation and the NRL.

Channel 9 made nothing of the incident, no replay or comentry. Any other team or player I wonder.

Glen

Bench
They showed the replay a couple of times and Ray "fence sitter" Warren even thought Cross would have a lot to answer for.

Absolutely pathetic from Cross, what a grubby little pussy that guy is. Maybe during his suspension he can go to some classes to learn how to be a real man

bluesbreaker

Bench
I guess I see it as highly despicable as the Danny Willaims KO'ing Mark O'Neill, and I expected a similiar reaction from the lads in the commentary booth...

eelsta

Bench
Tommy Smith said:
Just abit of tongue in cheek fishing. Don't bite...

I agree that what Cross did was a disgrace. However i just cant stand bitter Eels fans and coach coming out and calling Cayless a diver when he was CLEARLY hurt...he had to go off FFS..he didn't get up straight after the penalty like so many do.

Admit it was high...i mean you lost ONE game, it doesnt mean you all have to whinge and cry and accuse the opposition of diving Mr Smith.
hello ......your coach is the biggest winger god ever put breath into

I don't think Brian Smith will write Ryan Cross a character refrence.

Dunley is known as the Mylanta Man- Reflux problem.

I wonder what excuse Cross will come up with so he can get off?? Or Maybe he was trying to do a Hoppa but stuck into the wrong hole.

Fairfax

Juniors
Morrison hit Cross high earlier, then he hit Morley. At the end of the game he hit Cayless. The guy is a grub and should be rubbed out for weeks for all three incidents. I don't hear anyone talking about those ones. Simpkins has sent Morley off for less.

Fitzgibbon said to Morrison after the Cayless hit, "F- - k you. You got Moz in the first half. Use your shoulders, you dog." The players saw, I saw it, so why doesn't anyone else around here see it?