What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cross is a Toss

El Diablo

Post Whore
Renowned League Expert said:
Of all the ludicrous teenage-slang I've heard on this board -- "merkin" has got to be the most ridiculous. Isn't a "merkin" a pubic wig? Why on earth would you call someone a "pubic wig"??? Baffled!

You are a bit slow. I think just about everyone here knows what's going on.

Dirk Titan

Juniors
I didn't think there was much in the facial Cross handed out. I've seen dozens just like it this year. Johhny Gibbs said on 2UE that he didn't think Cross had a case to answer.
Name One Renound League Expert!

Misty Bee

First Grade
Dirk Shark said:
Channel 9 made nothing of the incident, no replay or comentry. Any other team or player I wonder.

BHullsh*t. C9 replayed it about 4 times throughout the ganme, and they were talking about it right up until the end.

What I am pissed off about is this turn of events...

1) Morrison claiming the eye gouge to the ref, who just told him to shut up and get on with playing the ball.

2) Parra captains Cayless and Vella (whoever was on the field at the time) NOT backing up Morrison and making an oficialcomplain at the next preak in play.

3) The referee taking no action.

4) Cayless flop, which results in the video ref advising that the tackle was high, resulting of the ultimate irony - Morrison on report.

5) Cross leaving the field unscathed. Where is the mongrel in the Eels pack? You reckon there would have been no get square had it been Brisbane, NZ, Canterbury or even Easts themselves?

6) Morrison, sitting dejectedly in the room, declining to make further comment.

If Ryan Cross doesn't get charged, Parra shuold take some of the blame for not making the fuss that the incident deserved. C( highlighted it enough - in fact have been the ONLY mob to have made somethnig of it.

BTW, Roosters ere the deserved winners - anyone see the blatant forward pass that Smith sent Peterson for his try?

PS, The referee was sh*t. How'd he get an Origin gig?

salivor

First Grade
If Cross plays another game this season then the Judiciary's tag of being utterly incompetent is official. It's quite laughable that some are now trying to call this a facial, it was a an eye gouge plain and simple, the worst act you can perform on a footy field and should carry an instant ban of 6-12 months dependant on the severity.

albi

Juniors
Renowned League Expert said:
Of all the ludicrous teenage-slang I've heard on this board -- "merkin" has got to be the most ridiculous. Isn't a "merkin" a pubic wig? Why on earth would you call someone a "pubic wig"??? Baffled!

I didn't think there was much in the facial Cross handed out. I've seen dozens just like it this year. Johhny Gibbs said on 2UE that he didn't think Cross had a case to answer.

I merkin was a wig mainly used by prostitutes during the 1800's used to cover their genital region. The reason being, due to a genital lice plague, most shaved their bits.

So I think that it describes Cross quite accurately.

The idiot should get 12 weeks minimum..and it should go straight to the judiciary>
the grothe try in the corner shows EXACTLY why the grub will never ever rise to state of origin.
In the interview with johns at the end of the game..Did he actually speak english and string two words together..think hes been listening to fittler for too long!!
Cayliss, atough front row forward, took the dive-its easy to act it up when the camera is in front of you..pour some water and put your hands in your head to cover up..well done
CATS!!!!!

people have classed morrison as a 'dirty' player so to speak, because of his 'numerous' high shots every game. why hasnt he been suspended yet this year then. surely they'd be picked up in the game, or at least during the video review.

the fact his his tackling technique is unconventional, and often appears high, yet is within the rules.

in the heat of an intense game in the wet, i think morro rubbed up a few of the roosters the wrong way and they in turn targeted him for the game. there was nothing in the hit on cayless that would have suggested he was down and out. it was high yes, but on a guy like cayless he'd handle that over and over again. i honestly believe he was using a cheap tactic to get the penalty, and thus the ball back again for another set with 3 to go.

Misty Bee

First Grade
It's funny how the Chooks fans are character assassinating Morrison, whilse their club employes Cross, Crocker and bloody Morley! How about Mozza's knees into the back of Luke Burt? Constant facials from the likes of Webb, Croker and Morley? I saw Piggy Ridell cop a facial that June Dally watkins would pay overtime for!

Damn pity Ray Price retired. Cross would be in hospital had Pricey been on that field.

bulldog

Bench
Cross claims he was just trying to get the edge, well blinding someone is one way I suppose.

Any comment on Cayless the cat, dogged it for a penalty and a free interchange, I distinctly remeber some Roosters "fans" giving it to Utai not too long ago.

I'd love to see the Roosters try those sort of cheap shots and plenty of niggle against the likes of the Broncos, they would have thier arses handed to them.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
The reason Cross didn't get smashed after the incident is because the cat didn't put his hand up for a hit-up for the better part of an hour after the incident.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Vella's knees never touched Cross!

Any comment on Cayless the cat, dogged it for a penalty and a free interchange, I distinctly remember some Roosters "fans" giving it to Utai not too long ago.

Exactly, Bulldog. Chooks fans whinged more than a gathering of Pommys on a sunny day about Utai. Stuart's words consumed many hectares of forest on the subject.

But of course, Their players don't take dives. Eye gouge, knees in backs, grapple tackles, yes, but dives...?

Fairfax

Juniors
Fairfax said:
They replayed it after the incident, at half time and after the game. Ray Warren continually referred to the incident. I was incensed that they didn't mention Morrison's first hit on Morley where he got up sick after being hit in the throat by a swinging arm. Or his high shot on Cross or grapple tackle on Fitzgibbon. Simply put, he made Mick Crocker look like one of the good guys.

You must be seriously deluded. Did you watch the game at all?

Nice to see you avoid this one Dirk Shark.

Dirk Titan

Juniors
I wathched the game @ 1 in the morning and saw the incident once! Never replayed after that. I was tired but if the played it and talked about it more than that then I stand corrected.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I can't be bothered reading this thread, so this has probably already been done to death but- I didn't see the eye-gouging incident, but I did see Morrison clean up Morley with an undetected high shot, and apparently he did likewise to Cayless, and I know for sure that he does it regularly every week. Why do some players get away with it?

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Dirk Shark said:
Name One Renound League Expert!

Did they say anything else about it on 2ue?, or are they AFFRAID of the 'Roosters' as well.....i mean every other bastard is scared sh*tless of saying anything bad about the roosters in fear of upsetting the applecart.

Lego_Man

First Grade
Eye-gouging is right up there with squirrel gripping and anal probing as the lowest act in the game.

In some respects it is even worse....taking away a man's eyesight in my opinion is worse than taking away his fertility or anal virginity.