What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Looks like Storm are on track for their biggest home crowd of the year tonight. Category 1 seating is sold out, Category 2 down to single availability. They've just SMS'd all GA members advising them to get there early in case it sells out.

Hopefully the combo of last home game of the year, decent weather, Billy's 200th, and a solid (?) opponent will combine for a record turnout.

lets hope they can at least break their record H&A attendance set against the Dragons at Etihad last year .. of 25,480

& maybe beat the Rebels biggest crowd this year of 25,843 along the way too

;-)

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos v Souths tickets in maroon category have been opened up for sale on level 7. When this is done the crowd is very rarely below 35,000. So now a crowd of 40-45k is predicted.

Had a look on ticketek with the storm game, actually went through the buying process and its looking very very solid!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Rain in Sydney today has ruined the chance for Souths fans to show they can pull a half decent crowd against an Interstate Team.

Will probably now be around 11k

azza29

Juniors
Rain in Sydney today has ruined the chance for Souths fans to show they can pull a half decent crowd against an Interstate Team.

Given Melbourne's reputation for being cold and wet, it's funny that we don't seem to have as many rain-affected games these days (or at worst a light shower). Can't remember the last time I went to any match (AFL or NRL) where it was properly wet.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Given Melbourne's reputation for being cold and wet, it's funny that we don't seem to have as many rain-affected games these days (or at worst a light shower). Can't remember the last time I went to any match (AFL or NRL) where it was properly wet.

You probably didn't go but there was heavy rain in the Melbourne vs Penrith game.

Raiderdave

First Grade

homebush has plenty of cover
its wet ... but looking at the radar its not pouring

its a elimination final for Souths
I'll say 15K still ... a very very important game for the bunnies & very winnable for them

Raiderdave

First Grade
So some of my posts get deleted while raiderdave makes multiple posts on the same thing?
Well done. Haha.
Sydney games were wetter last year.
http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/current/annual/nsw/summary.shtml

ah no they weren't .... this link says the wettest .. YEAR in 50
not WINTER you complete wombat .... when games are played

I said the Wettest Winter in 60 years ... & I am correct because it has been

there hasn't been a wetter Autumn/ Winter .. thats March April , May June July August ... since 1950

& of course my posts remain intact
they make sense .. your's don't ;-)

Spark Plug

Juniors
South's crowd have been terrible for awhile now.
If they win the next couple and sneak into the finals, the hype will come back and all the token fans will come out of the woodwork and ride them for the finals.
They deserve to lose in front of a small crowd tonight.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Sydney may have been wetter last year, but there were FAR LESS rain affected rounds last season.

on top of this years winter being wetter then last years
yes ... this is a very valid point

the rain last year may have fallen on days games weren't on .. not affecting them
this year it seems all of the rainfall is taking place Friday to Monday .. affecting more then I can remember

M2D2

Bench
Sydney may have been wetter last year, but there were FAR LESS rain affected rounds last season.
There was only 2 games last year at cronulla that weren't rain affected.
and only 3-4 games for souths that werent raining either.

July this year was horrible. But compared to the CONSTANT wet weather last year.
June was dry for Sydney as most of the wet hit the north coast.
No contest.

of course my posts remain intact they make sense .. your's don't
:lol:

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
There was only 2 games last year at cronulla that weren't rain affected.
and only 3-4 games for souths that werent raining either.

Souths had ZERO rain affected home games last season, and as a result averaged 17K.
Go watch the weekly highlights of last season if you don't believe me. Cronulla aside, there were no where near as many rain affected matches last season.

age.s

First Grade
Anyone playing a weekend sport in Sydney this winter could also tell you there were way more washouts this year. In fact I don't remember missing this many games due to washouts in the last decade. Most of the rain has fallen just before or during the weekend. Just one of those things.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
SYDNEY motorists are being warned of chaotic conditions on roads during the afternoon peak, with a number of serious accidents, and trees and wires being brought down due to severe weather conditions.
Fierce winds and rain have caused another serious accident, forcing the closure of the M4 near Homebush.
The M4 is now closed westbound at Homebush below Homebush Bay Drive due to a serious car accident, the Department of Transport said.
“Traffic in the area is heavy and motorists should allow extra travel time. There is no access to the M4 Motorway from Parramatta Road. Motorists should continue on Parramatta Road and access the M4 Motorway from Silverwater Road.”
Traffic on the M4 Motorway caught between Parramatta Road and the accident is being diverted onto the Homebush Bay drive off-ramp, and can then use the westbound on-ramp to rejoin the M4 Motorway past the incident scene.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-to-motorists/story-e6freuy9-1226118265369

M2D2

Bench
Souths had ZERO rain affected home games last season, and as a result averaged 17K.
Go watch the weekly highlights of last season if you don't believe me. Cronulla aside, there were no where near as many rain affected matches last season.
I must have imagined be rained on at ANZ stadium a few times last season.

Serc

First Grade
Some good news for this weekend in Sydney...tonight should be the worst of the winds and rain, with one or two showers on Saturday and Sunday. So fingers crossed it won't rain immediately before and during any of tomorrow's and Sunday's games! Hope people get out to the games (looking similarly good for Newcastle on Monday too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts