What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallatia

Referee
I think Redfern should get refurbished and Souths should go back.
I hear Bulldogs are going to start bringing some games to Belmore again.

I think the whole Homebush things is real alienating to the local fans. Teams should be representing their local are and using games to be economically beneficial to the area, by bringing people there.

Big games deserve bigger venues, but the games which won't attract more than 20 thousand fans on a good day, don't need a stadium which seats 80 thousand

nko11

Juniors
Every time you post a picture of crowds, they look a lot smaller then they look either at the ground or on TV. Either way it's not a good representation.

Taken 15-30 minutes before the game. Gives a fairly general idea of what we're looking at for a crowd figure.

Xfactor1979

Bench

I think the whole Homebush things is real alienating to the local fans. Teams should be representing their local are and using games to be economically beneficial to the area, by bringing people there.

Big games deserve bigger venues, but the games which won't attract more than 20 thousand fans on a good day, don't need a stadium which seats 80 thousand

Its hard because to refurbish redfern oval means it costs money, and ive been out there to Redfern oval, its gonna be hard to make that arena or the area which is covered by the arena bigger, because its right there in the suburban heartland, Councils in that area wont be the least bit impressed if youre going to demolish buildings etc to make it the adequate size for NRL standard

At the moment it looks like you can only have 2000 spectators there (no hyperbole intended), whereas you would expect at least 20000 to be the average sized stadium for an NRL game, thats why can have games for the tigers at Leichhardt oval even though Leichhardt resembles a concert stage waiting to collapse ;-)

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Skilled Park crowd today will be so bad. Heavy intermittent showers around the Gold Coast at the moment. Vs Canberra whom have extremely limited support up here. This could be really ugly.

Last edited:

azza29

Juniors
I don't get it, where are the other 7k people supposed to sit at AMMI? :?

I was at the game last night, a few pockets of empty seats here and there, but definitely looked like there were only 2k empties overall. AAMI's official capacity is around 30k, this might include corporate lounges and standing room though.

Still, great turnout for a real arm-wrestle of a game.

Goddo

Bench
All the money they spend on stadiums and they still can not protect you from the rain.
I think this weather pattern will be the norm for Sydney winters.

Righto, your the resident expert on all things Australia. Watch out everyone, Winters will just be rain from now on. :crazy:

...... you heard of El Nina?

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Righto, your the resident expert on all things Australia. Watch out everyone, Winters will just be rain from now on. :crazy:

...... you heard of El Nina?

Oh dear is Teddyboy global alarmist. tut tut tut

Looks like a shocking night for crowds, i guess it could be up to penrith to be the only gane over 10k.

I think they need to balance the schedule better next year. It seems that a lot of the sydney v interstate teams games have fallen late in the season, while the start was too heavy with big games thus watering down their effect to pull a crowd.

Teddyboy

First Grade

Well Iam sure we have the same problem in blighty next year when we have that dick weaving contest called the Olympics.

Brutus

Referee
:lol:

What? Seriously? That is the most pathetic attempt at fraud I think I have ever seen.

There'd be 5-6K there at most. :lol:

Why is it fraud?

Don't they have to pay more tax or something the bigger the crowd is?

They should be understating crowds if anything.

busterc

Juniors
Rain predicted in Brisbane from tomorrow, to next friday and could be longer. f**k! Will stall ticket sales for Broncos v Rabbits now.

Manly v Melbourne should be a sell out.

a few showers for the next couple of days with top temps in the mid 20's
hardly terrible weather. v rabbits will be low to mid 40k.

yakstorm

First Grade
I love how there are so many 'so called' experts on Titans crowds...

The Titans have to pay a transport levy for every ticket allocated (regardless of whether it is paid for or free), plus of course on their total revenue for the match. There is no financial incentive for them to name a larger crowd than what is actually there...

It's not like NSW or ACT based clubs who can inflate their crowds at no financial consequence.

Anyway surely people have to question their own ability to name crowds at Skilled Park when even some of the crazy guesstimates on here don't even get close to what Stadium Queensland publishes...

Brutus

Referee
I love how there are so many 'so called' experts on Titans crowds...

The Titans have to pay a transport levy for every ticket allocated (regardless of whether it is paid for or free), plus of course on their total revenue for the match. There is no financial incentive for them to name a larger crowd than what is actually there...

It's not like NSW or ACT based clubs who can inflate their crowds at no financial consequence.

Anyway surely people have to question their own ability to name crowds at Skilled Park when even some of the crazy guesstimates on here don't even get close to what Stadium Queensland publishes...

Great post. Spot on.

Paullyboy

Coach
Whilst your relatively correct, there is a massive war going on with AFL on the coast and they know they've gotta post respectable crowd figures.

I was there tonight and it was absolutely empty, if it was a quarter full I'd be surprised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts