What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbrown

Coach
People expecting a massive crowd in Newcastle tomorrow may end up being a bit disappointed. It's been raining here for the last few days and the weather is still looking terrible.

Hopefully it clears up by tomorrow to give us some chance.

I think it will be better tomorrow and I'll be taking the kids along again. I've been very lucky with work and game times this year.

docbrown

Coach
Cheapest adult ticket:
- Titans = $30
- Suns = $20

Cheapest junior ticket:
- Titans = $18
- Suns = $5

Searle needs to talk to Gallop and the IC to put some pressure on the QLD government.

The Suns prices are what the Titans prices need to be.

I think juniors should either be cheap like $5 or free across all clubs.

Because we want those kids in 20-30 years to remember their own experiences and take their kids to games.

Billythekid

First Grade
I think it will be better tomorrow and I'll be taking the kids along again. I've been very lucky with work and game times this year.

Wish i could say the same. Although it looks like i'm going to be off for tomorrow.

Cheapest adult ticket:
- Titans = $30
- Suns = $20

Cheapest junior ticket:
- Titans = $18
- Suns = $5

The adult prices are ok (though in the current climate they should be lower) but the kids pries are atrocious. If you want to get families coming to the game you need to have cheap tickets for kids, otherwise you're shutting off a huge segment of your audience. Getting kids through the gate will also help your crowds in the future making it even more important.

Snappy

Coach
Wonder if they have a family pass ? At suncop in the cheapest catagory 'white' adults are $29 and kids are $11. But you can get a 'family pass' (1 adult + 1 child) for $35.

seanoff

Juniors
Cheapest adult ticket:
- Titans = $30
- Suns = $20

Cheapest junior ticket:
- Titans = $18
- Suns = $5

that Suns jnr ticket is a ripoff. double the price of a jnr at the MCG.

is there any charge for U6s at Skilled. at the MCG they are free and at Etihad $1.30

seanoff

Juniors
Wonder if they have a family pass ? At suncop in the cheapest catagory 'white' adults are $29 and kids are $11. But you can get a 'family pass' (1 adult + 1 child) for $35.

$41 1+1

$82 2+2 (MCG 2 + 2 = $42.60) (Metricon $45)

way too expensive. you can take the wife and kids to metricon and pay for food and drink and still be in front of getting in at Skilled.

Last edited:

azza29

Juniors
Searle needs to talk to Gallop and the IC to put some pressure on the QLD government.

The Suns prices are what the Titans prices need to be.

I think juniors should either be cheap like $5 or free across all clubs.

Because we want those kids in 20-30 years to remember their own experiences and take their kids to games.

Agreed. Storm GA juniors are $5, family $51. Still too expensive IMO, the AFL gets families along regularly by charging $2.50 for kids at the MCG or $3.85 at Etihad.

Clubs can make their money on the premium seats, but need to ensure GA is affordable for families (even those with a tight budget).

Quidgybo

Bench
Agreed. Storm GA juniors are $5, family $51. Still too expensive IMO, the AFL gets families along regularly by charging $2.50 for kids at the MCG or $3.85 at Etihad.

Clubs can make their money on the premium seats, but need to ensure GA is affordable for families (even those with a tight budget).
So are the Storm truly able to afford those prices, are they just getting a better stadium deal than the Titans, or are they subsidising their ticket prices as part of the subsidy the game gives them via News Ltd? Obviously Searle's pockets won't be as deep as the NRL or News Ltd's so the Titans would have a lot less wiggle room to subsidise short term losses and build an audience. A losing season wouldn't help.

Leigh

dgsfan

Juniors
I hardly think the SFS crowd is disappointing. Any team playing the wooden spooners who can get a crowd above their average is doing very well.

Billythekid

First Grade
So are the Storm truly able to afford those prices, are they just getting a better stadium deal than the Titans, or are they subsidising their ticket prices as part of the subsidy the game gives them via News Ltd? Obviously Searle's pockets won't be as deep as the NRL or News Ltd's so the Titans would have a lot less wiggle room to subsidise short term losses and build an audience. A losing season wouldn't help.

Leigh

The storm don't have to deal with stadiums QLD, that's about the end of it.

Brutus

Referee
I hardly think the SFS crowd is disappointing. Any team playing the wooden spooners who can get a crowd above their average is doing very well.

Nah.

Disappointing it was.

Well done Storm for topping the round. They even topped a couple of AFL games.

I think they almost matched the free ticket affair that was the Swans in Sydney today as well (all children got in free - this was being promoted in the telegraph all week)

Last edited:

azza29

Juniors

Leigh

As has been mentioned, the Titans are getting a raw deal from the stadium.

Storm may be subsidising their junior tickets through higher adult pricing - GA is $27 compared to $21-24 for AFL at Etihad or the MCG.

But likely they just have a better contract with the venue - also AAMI Park has 4 tenants (Storm, Rebels, Victory, Heart) compared to just the two at Skilled (Titans, GC United), which would help spread fixed costs.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Surprisingly low at Brookie - I've been there a few times and thought 12k was under the real figure but 12k it is. Weather couldn't have helped given the lack of cover at Brookie.

Red Bear

Referee
Though it looked a little bigger than 18 and a half thous at the SFS, but not a terrible crowd by any means, just a bit dissapointing

Status
Not open for further replies.