What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Figures are from here

Those figures include the double header and currently has cantebury averaging over 20,000 as of now.

Under my figures, which does not include the double header for Canterbury or Manly, Canterbury are averaging just under 20,000.

Brutus

Referee
Manly attract almost 20,000 v Souths on a Sunday.

But only 12k against Dogs on a Sunday?

Weird.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Manly attract almost 20,000 v Souths on a Sunday.

But only 12k against Dogs on a Sunday?

Weird.

Brutus - I was reading yesterday that if Manly play the Tigers week 1 of the finals, the game will be played at ANZ rather than SFS..

Would have thought that this would not encourage Manly fans to go to the game...

Do you agree that the game should be played at SFS?

I dont really consider SFS to be a home ground for the Tigers anyway..

Brutus

Referee
Brutus - I was reading yesterday that if Manly play the Tigers week 1 of the finals, the game will be played at ANZ rather than SFS..

Would have thought that this would not encourage Manly fans to go to the game...

Yeah I'd like to see it at the SFS. It's a great venue for finals footy, especially when two Sydney teams go at it.

I'm a bit concerned if Manly play the Cowboys in week one of the finals though, especially if it's 8.30pm on a Saturday night (2 v 7). Manly fans are unlikely to travel at that hour and there will be bugger all Cowboys fans there. That particular match-up should be at Brookvale Oval.

bobmar28

Bench

It would be the best place for the Tigers to have a home final.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Well if clubs didn't fudge them, they wouldn't be questioned constantly.

If there were 10k at the Titans-Raiders, about 9k of them must have been on the side where the cameras weren't pointing.

so you reckon there were about 1k in front of the cameras :sarcasm:

good one :roll::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Raiderdave

First Grade

Manly are kidding if they move their final to ANZ
they'll get a lot more of their fans to the SFS ... & they'd at least match the Tigers numbers there

take it to Homebush .. 10mins on the Western fringe of Tigerland & they'll be outnumbered 2 to 1

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Manly are kidding if they move their final to ANZ
they'll get a lot more of their fans to the SFS ... & they'd at least match the Tigers numbers there

take it to Homebush .. 10mins on the Western fringe of Tigerland & they'll be outnumbered 2 to 1

I do agree it should be at SFS but I highly doubt that they could come near the amount of tigers fans there.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
If Manly have a home final vs Tigers, it should be at the SCG!

SFS is out because it's one of the Tigers home grounds.
ANZ should be out because Manly fans won't go there and it will draw a crap crowd out there.

SCG is just next door to SFS but with no home advantage to Tigers. Manly fans will tavel there and the SCG factor will pull in even more.

H.H

Juniors
Yeah I'd like to see it at the SFS. It's a great venue for finals footy, especially when two Sydney teams go at it.

I'm a bit concerned if Manly play the Cowboys in week one of the finals though, especially if it's 8.30pm on a Saturday night (2 v 7). Manly fans are unlikely to travel at that hour and there will be bugger all Cowboys fans there. That particular match-up should be at Brookvale Oval.[/QUOTE]
I think you'll find that it will - I understand that it's only when 2 Sydney teams meet that they're forced to play at ther SFS/ANZ.

Manly's angle here is that they don't want to play a team at their home ground..Eg, Tigers have the SFS as a home ground so they want to play them at ANZ. If they have to play Souffs, then they want it to be at the SFS.

Stupid beyond all reasoning if you ask me. As someone else mentioned, there would most likely be more Tiger fans at Homebush and I dare say the same thing would apply at the SFS if they played Souffs there.

M2D2

Bench
No. Any Sydney team who gets a home game has to play at ANZ or SFS. Doesnt matter who they play.

M2D2

Bench
From the second week onwards, yes.

At last year’s annual conference, NRL clubs endorsed the move to play the first week of finals under the home city model, rather than necessarily at a team's home ground. One of the key reasons for this was the growing number of people attending finals matches, which meant that many people were getting locked out of the opportunity to attend the games due to the capacity at some venues. Even the growing number of members of each club were finding it difficult to get the seating they were entitled to. This was particularly the case for clubs that used multiple grounds and had different membership packages for each.
http://www.nrl.com/nrl-mailbox-home-final-venues/tabid/10874/newsid/63953/default.aspx
Home Venues Explained

Week One: Qualifying Finals

The highest qualifying teams after 26 Rounds will host each match at their normal home venue, with exception to any Sydney based NRL club which will play their 'home game' at either the SFS or ANZ Stadium.

* Home venues subject to NRL approval as suitable to host a Final
http://www.nrl.com/NRLHQ/ReferenceCentre/FinalsSystemExplained/tabid/10635/Default.aspx

This has been posted MULTIPLE times.
Manly do NOT get a brookvale oval game. AT ALL. PERIOD.

azza29

Juniors
Adults GA$20 Best $25
Concessions $10
Kids $5

Family (2+upto3) GA $45 best $55

That is what all clubs should be aiming for imo.

Not a bad plan - although I'd suggest clubs should be allowed to charge more for their premium seats to help cut the price of GA tickets.

GA areas really should be anything behind the try-line, whether it's side-on or behind the goals. Ridiculous that some clubs charge a premium for corner seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.