What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
20,414 is more than Bluetongue can hold, correct.

I believe it's the biggest crowd at Brookie in three or four years though.

Timmah

Staff member
Fun fact - last time Brookie cracked 20k was five years ago tonight - Round 25 2006 when Manly beat Canterbury 21-20.

Timmah

Staff member
It was at Brookvale. And even if that's what you meant - it's against their ONLY true NRL rivals in NSW.

elbusto

Coach
It was at Brookvale. And even if that's what you meant - it's against their ONLY true NRL rivals in NSW.
I assume by that you mean that the rest of the Sydney Clubs are so pissweak they have no reasonable claim against the Storm?

Brutus

Referee
Brilliant tv ratings for the storm last week in Sydney and they help draw the first 20k plus crowd at Brookie in 5 years.

It's great to see. I think the Dragons could also be considered a NSW rival of the Storm as well.

Brisbane and the Warriors have also built up a bit of a rivalry with them.

Timmah

Staff member
I assume by that you mean that the rest of the Sydney Clubs are so pissweak they have no reasonable claim against the Storm?
Not quite, more that there's been no great theatre between Melbourne and any other Sydney-based side apart from maybe the Dragons since they came in. Their rivalry with Manly in recent years is obvious.

Brutus - what part of NSW rivals did I not make clear?

I'm not doubting Melbourne's crowd-pulling ability but that ability is obviously against certain teams and at certain times.

You're forgetting the Tigers, Timothy.

2005: 17,127 (Leichhardt)
2006: 17,803 (Leichhardt)
2007: 19,111(Gosford)
2008: 16,653 (Campbelltown)
2009: 12,646 (Leichhardt - Monday + rain affected)
2010: 20, 168 (Leichhardt)
2011: 20, 486 (Leichhardt)

Melbourne are one of our biggest rivals.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Brookie, fantastic!

Shithouse weather in Brisbane today... Hopefully this rain clears by tomorrow. Literally all that of 500 tickets have sold since midday yesterday..

Brutus

Referee
Not quite, more that there's been no great theatre between Melbourne and any other Sydney-based side apart from maybe the Dragons since they came in. Their rivalry with Manly in recent years is obvious.

Brutus - what part of NSW rivals did I not make clear?

And what part of the Dragons being one of their NSW rivals did I not make clear?

It's great to see. I think the Dragons could also be considered a NSW rival of the Storm as well.

You even admit they are "maybe" a rival of the Storm.

I went on to say that the Broncos and Warriors could also be considered rivals of the Storm in an obvious attempt to look outside their NSW rivalries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.