What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I did a work placement with the ticketek agency adjoined to Suncorp Stadium, as my sports and event management degree requires hours worked within a sporting and or event organisation. I was purchasing tickets the other day and they said 28,000. And based on what i know on what sections are sold its cant be much more then 31,000.

No where near 40,000 at this stage, because there are numerous sections with no one in them that were filled during the 37,173 warriors crowd.

Do you know if the pax number includes season tickets or not? This has always baffled me, some on here say it do others it not.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Do you know if the pax number includes season tickets or not? This has always baffled me, some on here say it do others it not.

Yeah at least with ticketek the members start off the pax numbers. I found it really interesting working with them.

And for the record, most of the time the "best available seats" are far from the best available haha.

yakstorm

First Grade
Whats your source on this ? A bit disappointing TBH after our CEO said last week sales were approaching 40k. 31k is a long way off 40.

Not historically based upon Broncos ticket sales. This match is ahead of the Broncos v Warriors clash in terms of 'tickets sold' this far out from the game, so it is going to push the 40K mark unless the weather really starts to put people off buying.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Not historically based upon Broncos ticket sales. This match is ahead of the Broncos v Warriors clash in terms of 'tickets sold' this far out from the game, so it is going to push the 40K mark unless the weather really starts to put people off buying.

Yeah spot on, this far out from the Warriors game tickets situated on level 7 hadn't even been released, and at this stage 5 (719-723) upper bays are sold.

Raiderdave

First Grade
12-13k of tigers fan to make the trip to the shire? A little bit too much there.
Cause f**k all sharkies fans will turn up after the last few displays they have put on.

well as bunniesman said .. there are a lot of NRL fans in the shire who don't follow those perennial losers .. the Sharks
the Tigers are a popular club & there'd be plenty of their fans in the area & combined with Travelling Tigers fans .. yeah
they'll turn Shark Park into Leichardt oval

& what an utter disgrace that will be
Sharks 1967 to 2013 .... RIP ;-)

Brutus

Referee
I would be very disappointed if the Broncos didn't attract 45k plus for this clash. Very disappointed.

I know they have never attracted that many for a game against Souths before, but the circumstances surrounding this game (Sunday, the manly farewell Locky game being already sold out and the great form of Souths and Brisbane) should point towards a near-sell-out.

Last edited:

Snappy

Coach
And for the record, most of the time the "best available seats" are far from the best available haha.

I very much agree with that. When buying tix for suncorp I go through numerous ticket offers until I get seats im happy with. Sometimes this will even take a few days as I wait for a section to sell out, so I can get front rows of the next section that goes on sale.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Keep sharpening that axe, cause nobody cares about your agenda. You merkin.

:D

at least Wests , Newtown ... Norths ... Balmain ... St George .. all won a grand final

your lot will be consigned to the dust bin of history with its trophy cabinet as bare as it was in 1967 :shock:

:lol::lol::lol:

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Whats your source on this ? A bit disappointing TBH after our CEO said last week sales were approaching 40k. 31k is a long way off 40.

The CEO didn't say they sold 40,000 he said the game was heading to 40,000.

31,000 sold atm while the week is still young (game isn't until Sunday) plus walks up should take it to 40,000.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I very much agree with that. When buying tix for suncorp I go through numerous ticket offers until I get seats im happy with. Sometimes this will even take a few days as I wait for a section to sell out, so I can get front rows of the next section that goes on sale.

Yeah, im a member but when buying tickets for others i do that too! For instance sections 710 and 709 are identical but it will be saying tickets are better in section 709 row 78 but ten minutes later when 709 is sold you could sit in 710 row 60.

Ticketek use the whole "best available" scheme to deter people from calling, and it actually works. Except for with us haha.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I would be very disappointed if the Broncos didn't attract 45k plus for this clash. Very disappointed.

I know they have never attracted that many for a game against Souths before, but the circumstances surrounding this game (Sunday, the manly farewell Locky game being already sold out and the great form of Souths and Brisbane) should point towards a near-sell-out.

Your a tough marker, i do agree that anything below 40,000 is a disappointment. But i know heaps of people heading to the Bledisloe cup at Suncorp the night before that dont want to fork out for the Broncos, which sucks! But at the moment it is heading for a 40-45k. Tickets are still selling quickly even after shocking weather the last few days, its starting to ease now so hopefully there is a jolt.

azza29

Juniors
Ticketek use the whole "best available" scheme to deter people from calling, and it actually works. Except for with us haha.

Same deal at AAMI Park, you're far better off going to an outlet or calling up (if you have time to spare) and asking for seats in a specific bay.

Snappy

Coach
The CEO didn't say they sold 40,000 he said the game was heading to 40,000.

If you go back up and re-read my post (which incidently you quoted) you will notice that I used the word approaching.

Further to that If you go and listern to the interview with Paul White, you will hear that his exact words were 'We're already approaching a crowd, ah ya know, at this early stage of around 40 000 for that game'

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=bronco-tv

FMD it seem some people are only on here to pick apart other peoples posts. In this case, YOU FAILED. Now go slap yourself.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
If you go back up and re-read my post (which incidently you quoted) you will notice that I used the word approaching.

Further to that If you go and listern to the interview with Paul White, you will hear that his exact words were 'We're already approaching a crowd, ah ya know, at this early stage of around 40 000 for that game'

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=bronco-tv

FMD it seem some people are only on here to pick apart other peoples posts. In this case, YOU FAILED. Now go slap yourself.

Why so hostile?

Clam down son. I didn't even knew there was a poster on this site with your name until this post, so your theory about picking on post is wrong.

The CEO said they were approaching 40,000 and guess what? they still are. He was obviously talking about what he expects for the game on those very early pre-sales.

Saint Doc

Coach
Snappy...well chosen username.

Its obvious that as CEO White knows, from experience, that for example

- 15,000 sold 2 weeks out equals about a 30,000 crowd
- 24,000 equals a 35,000 crowd
- 28,000 sold equals a 40,000 crowd

or whatever.

So when he says they are approaching a 40,000 crowd, he obviously means they are approaching pre-sale figures that correlate with a 40,000 crowd, when taking into account further sales and walk up crowd.

If they were approaching 40,000 actually sold, I'm sure he would say "it looks like we'll go close to a sell out"

Not that hard.

Chook Norris

First Grade

or whatever.

So when he says they are approaching a 40,000 crowd, he obviously means they are approaching pre-sale figures that correlate with a 40,000 crowd, when taking into account further sales and walk up crowd.

If they were approaching 40,000 actually sold, I'm sure he would say "it looks like we'll go close to a sell out"

Not that hard.

^this makes sense. Don't know what we're arguing about tbh..

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator

or whatever.

Not that hard.

Exactly.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Manly v melbourne 15k
Parra v Roosters 12k
Dogs v knights 13k
cowboys v sharks 15k
Canberra v penrith 10k
broncos v vermin rabbits 40k
Dragons v warriors 15k
tigpies v titans 11k