What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2D2

Bench
The smallest crowd in the past 5 seasons was in 2007 when 4,202 attended a Sharks v Warriors game.
:lol: i f**king remember that game. It was hoooorrrriiifffffiiiiiic.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
If it's Storm v Dragons in Melbourne, that could be a big, big crowd.

Be interesting to see how member sales go today for ANZ, it could well be the case that 20,000 tickets will already be sold.

You could be very correct, will ask my ticketek mates about it.
Got my broncos member additional seats today - if were not careful the members will buy out the whole stadium!

AuDragon

Juniors
You could be very correct, will ask my ticketek mates about it.
Got my broncos member additional seats today - if were not careful the members will buy out the whole stadium!
Got mine too, and by the looks of it, Ticketek is already selling third tier tickets. That means we're already well on the way to 30K, before sales to the General Public start...

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Got mine too, and by the looks of it, Ticketek is already selling third tier tickets. That means we're already well on the way to 30K, before sales to the General Public start...

Yes sales are up to the 3rd tier in maroon. Membership sales record for a final was 17,000 pre sold, against the dragons in 2009.

We had eclipsed that by 11am. So yeah i cant see this not selling out.

Some weird things regarding yesterdays crowd. In section 708 which is the unlicensed bay up the top tier behind posts souther stand. They didnt release the restricted view tickets for that bay, so the top 2 rows of that was empty - ticketek makes some extremely stupid decisions some times. I remember that they were also empty the dragons home final of 09 (50,225) so hopefully they pull theyre finger out and release them this time.

azza29

Juniors
Storm vs Knights (Cloudy. Isolated showers) 19,500
Week 1 finals crowd vs Manly @ Etihad 2009 was 21,155; 2008 vs Warriors @ OP was 15,193...Carlton vs Essendon at MCG may have impact

I'd expect the crowd to be closer to 25k, and possibly even a sellout. Blues/Bombers will sell out, but as they're effectively playing for the right to lose over in Perth the following week I doubt there will be much neutral interest.

I'm happy paying $50 just to see Gallop hand over the minor premiership cheque...

Bluebags1908

Juniors
Crowds under 10,000

Tonights game between the Roosters and Storm drew a crowd of just over 8,000. This season we had 23 games where the crowd was less then 10,000.

How this compares to previous four seasons

2007 31 games with a crowd of less then 10,000
2008 36
2009 27
2010 22
2011 23

In the past 5 seasons (premiership games) we have had 139 games where the crowd was less then 10,000. Cronulla leads the list with 23 folliowed by the Roosters on 20 and Panthers on 18. Of the out of Sydney clubs Canberra has had the most with 15.

In the past 5 seasons forteen of the sixteen NRL teams have drawn a crowd of lrss then 10,000 in at least one game. The two teams not to have done so are Brisbane and Gold Coast.

Of the 139 games with a crowd of less then 10,000 100 have involved a Sydney home team. That is 72 percent

The smallest crowd in the past 5 seasons was in 2007 when 4,202 attended a Sharks v Warriors game.

In the past 5 seasons there has been 16 games where the crowd was 6,999 or lower. Forteen of those games had a Sydney home team.

It would be interesting to see a team-by-team breakdown of sub-10,000 crowds. At a guess, Cronulla, Roosters and Penrith are the main culprits with the Storm to a lesser extent. We need to work at eliminating these sub-crowds and the NRL needs to work with these 3 clubs in particular.

The Roosters are a funny club crowd-wise. When they go well they have drawn fantastic crowds of high teens and 20,000+ (boosted by season opener vs Souths, ANZAC Day & Good Friday), but when they go bad on the field they quite dramatically drop to below 10,000 in an instant... unlike other clubs there doesn't seem to be an 'in-between' with them. Their crowds are either the penthouse or the basement. Awful crowd yesterday.

Parramatta, Canberra, and Gold Coast (officially anyway) has done very well to not get a sub-10,000 crowd this year considering the year they have had.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
I'd expect the crowd to be closer to 25k, and possibly even a sellout. Blues/Bombers will sell out, but as they're effectively playing for the right to lose over in Perth the following week I doubt there will be much neutral interest.

I'm happy paying $50 just to see Gallop hand over the minor premiership cheque...

Yeah , I'm not convinced the AFL across the road will cause too many problems
all of these patrons will be inside the MCG well before the vast majority of the NRL finals fans start turning up

& the most of the AFL fans will be gone before the NRL final is finished

so no crowding probs as they won't be mingling at the same time
with more then 100K in this part of Melbourne on Sunday

mid 20' thousands for mine at AAMI park;-)

rooster1908

Juniors
Yeah , I'm not convinced the AFL across the road will cause too many problems
all of these patrons will be inside the MCG well before the vast majority of the NRL finals fans start turning up

& the most of the AFL fans will be gone before the NRL final is finished

so no crowding probs as they won't be mingling at the same time
with more then 100K in this part of Melbourne on Sunday

mid 20' thousands for mine at AAMI park;-)

Agreed. Also some spillover from the AFL game if it sells out could increase numbers, i.e. people who couldn't get into the AFL instead going to see the Storm play.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Tigers V Dragons- 32k
Brisbane V Warriors- 45k
Manly V Cowboys- 20k
Storm V Knights- 24k

If i have learned anything with crowd predictions its that rugby league fans are unpredictable. Thus big crowd expected on friday, so i predict less than most people are saying

dragons__

Juniors
Tigers V Dragons- 32k
Brisbane V Warriors- 45k
Manly V Cowboys- 20k
Storm V Knights- 24k

If i have learned anything with crowd predictions its that rugby league fans are unpredictable. Thus big crowd expected on friday, so i predict less than most people are saying

I was thinking the exact same thing.. similar to the dragons vs. bulldogs situation earlier in the year when there were ads in the paper and the net, asking us if we were going to be part of the 45k that turn up to the game (thus breaking the home and away attendance record - just for nsw i think).. and in the end it got nowhere near that (only 33k from memory).

I really hope that we get over 50,000 this friday. Absolutely no excuses to not attend seeing as it could more than likely be the last game played for either the dragons or the tigers this year (if recent form is anything to go by).

Tigers V Dragons- 37k (will draw higher than Tigers/Roosters last year)
Brisbane V Warriors- 47k (won't quite sell out)
Manly V Cowboys- 22k (should crack 20, not much more though)
Storm V Knights- 26k (might sell out, but probably not)

Total 130k
Average 32 500

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Tigers V Dragons - 40K (Should've been at the SFS)
Broncos V Warriors - 50K (Will sell out easily, Warriors have huge support in Brisbane)
Sea Eagles V Cowboys - 20K
Storm V Knights - 25K

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Tigers V Dragons - 40K (Should've been at the SFS)
Broncos V Warriors - 50K (Will sell out easily, Warriors have huge support in Brisbane)
Sea Eagles V Cowboys - 20K
Storm V Knights - 25K

Last warriors game there actually wasn't that many warriors fans, it always seems like there is alot... i just thinks its more a case of the away fan being an anomaly, because when the broncos were to get a try or wallace's field goal the noise generated is deafening in comparison.

Even at the bledisloe, not many kiwis showed up to be honest.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Tigers fans are blitzing Dragons fans in ticket sales for friday night - ticketek representative i know said roughly 70%/ 30%.

dogslife

Coach
I don't think as many tickets have been sold for Broncos game as people are making out. I just bought 4 tickets, sitting in the 3rd row. Should go close to selling out though one would hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts