What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleary89

Coach
Well ALL the clubs voted for this new system.

apparently saints and one other club didn't.

really, it only affects saints, sharks, manly and penrith (although I guess now it affects tigers). Why should Brisbane etc get a vote on something that doesn't affect them?

Brutus

Referee
Only 27k for ANZ.

Bit of a worry.

Hopefully the special event trains have already been announced.

blukablu

Juniors

really, it only affects saints, sharks, manly and penrith (although I guess now it affects tigers). Why should Brisbane etc get a vote on something that doesn't affect them?

Because it does affect them?

bobmar28

Bench

Because images of people standing on hills makes the NRL look like a park footy competition. That affects everyone.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Well, it gives the "visitor" the advantage of a neutral venue. I wonder what people will say when the Manly game only draws 12-13k.

Neutral ?... last time I looked the SFS is in Sydney .2000k's away from their opponents base:sarcasm:.. & Manly are a Sydney team ...

If their useless fans can't get off their dates & travel 20k's then thats not an out of Sydney teams fault

as for what people will say about a possible poor crowd at the SFS this Sat
who cares what they say
the NRL has to break this 1970's Sydney mentality that some clubs including yours have of playing finals at cow paddocks , its about time our sport grew up.

a few poor finals crowds here & there as a result of this new policy should be a price they are prepared to pay.

jimmee007

Juniors
SLR does the ticket sales include ANZ gold pass memebers who may attend? i know at least 50 memebers who ar going but not sure if they had to get a ticket or just show there pass

Brutus

Referee
It wasn't that long ago ALL finals were at the SFS.

I think the NRL has it just about right with the current system, but if a Sydney team happens to play an interstate team in the first week of the finals then the flexibility should be there to utilise a suburban ground if the need be.

The very fact that Manly are playing at 8.30 (a shocker of a time) on Saturday night should've ensured the game against the Cowboys be played at Brookvale where it would be far more logical for their fans to attend in bigger numbers.

Suburban grounds should only be used in finals when the circumstances cry out for it as it does on Saturday night. Had Manly v Cowboys been the Sunday arvo game then I would have had no dramas with it being played at the SFS.

dragons__

Juniors
SLR does the ticket sales include ANZ gold pass memebers who may attend? i know at least 50 memebers who ar going but not sure if they had to get a ticket or just show there pass

We were just told to scan our passes; so its first in gets the best seat.

So I'm almost 100% sure that that figure doest include members. Most members turn up to all major events so just add another 12-15K to that figure and by the time Friday comes and if the weather is fine we should definitely be easily over 50 thousand people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts