What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ouwet

Bench
Admittedly though I think the Saturday games should kick off 3:50pm & 6:50pm respectively in a 3:30-9:00pm viewing block (including news).

Agreed... You are pretty much locking out any kids under 13 and there families with a 8.30 start!!!

docbrown

Coach
That and I also think the 3:30pm will rate higher than the 8:30pm too which suffers from a drop off. This will boost the News ratings higher than they are now.

CAS

Juniors
I like reading these threads on Crowds, but as a Pom of course, i have no idea about the Grounds locations and transport systems near them. I believe from what i read (and this is wear you can put me right) that Homebush is located maybe in a more isolated Area, i.e not near a major population, City Centre, Suburbs etc, and the SFS is more centrally located to the City. I read that some are bad to get to on a Work Night maybe. Also, are Manly the only Sydney team that have to travel over the Harbour Bridge to get to other Sydney games? Which teams/Suburbs are nearest to each other, the reason i ask, is over here i know what is an easy game to get to for Away fans (local Derbys etc) and which can be a knightmare to get to. Just Interested.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Nrl contacted ticketek today asking how many tickets have been sold for fridays night. Ticketek managers said roughly 28,000. Funny how NRL turned that into more than 30,000.

I was told that sometimes ticketek tells Nrl scouts/ journalists a far fewer number to make the nrl fabrication more adequate.

yakstorm

First Grade
Hi Cas, welcome to the forum.

Just to provide some background, you are right that Homebush is away from the Central Business District of Sydney, but it is far from an isolated area. In terms of location in Sydney, it is possibly one of the more 'centrally' located venues based upon where the population lies across Sydney.

The problem with Homebush is, and with a lot of venues located away from the Sydney CBD, is that the transport routes out to those venues get very congested during peak times, ie. Friday and Monday's between 5 - 7, making it difficult for those looking to drive.

Homebush as well usually is pretty dire with public transport, except when, as the NRL has done for this Friday, paid the levy to activate the Major Public Transport Buses and Trains. Provided news gets out about this, this will make it a lot easier for a lot more people to get out to Homebush.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I like reading these threads on Crowds, but as a Pom of course, i have no idea about the Grounds locations and transport systems near them. I believe from what i read (and this is wear you can put me right) that Homebush is located maybe in a more isolated Area, i.e not near a major population, City Centre, Suburbs etc, and the SFS is more centrally located to the City. I read that some are bad to get to on a Work Night maybe. Also, are Manly the only Sydney team that have to travel over the Harbour Bridge to get to other Sydney games? Which teams/Suburbs are nearest to each other, the reason i ask, is over here i know what is an easy game to get to for Away fans (local Derbys etc) and which can be a knightmare to get to. Just Interested.

mate compared to driving over the Pennines in January everything in Sydney is easy!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
ANZ 29k
Suncorp 46k
AAMI: 17.5k
SFS: 9k

These include stadium members, i probably should have indicated that earlier.

yakstorm

First Grade
Nrl contacted ticketek today asking how many tickets have been sold for fridays night. Ticketek managers said roughly 28,000. Funny how NRL turned that into more than 30,000.

I was told that sometimes ticketek tells Nrl scouts/ journalists a far fewer number to make the nrl fabrication more adequate.

To be honest mate that is BS, as someone who has worked with Ticketek like you state, you would be familiar with the Ticketek system Insight which provides all Ticketek clients with tracking of how many tickets have been allocated remotely.

Considering the Finals are NRL events, they would have access to this system, just like the Ticketek clubs do during the regular season. They wouldn't be calling up Ticketek for anything, because they can see how many tickets have been sold and so on.

To be honest if the NRL was likely to be calling anyone it would be the venue to get a gauge on how many Corporate suites, boxes and so on have been filled for the match, as that isn't handled by the Ticketek system.

CAS

Juniors
mate compared to driving over the Pennines in January everything in Sydney is easy!

That's what i had in mind. The M62 Motorway, pretty much links up most of the Clubs over here, but try getting across it on a Friday Night in S*** Weather at Rush hour to say get from Hull to Wigan can be a Knightmare, that's why i understand, many will stay at home and watch on the Telly instead. Sydney of course i don't know, so i can not tell what is a good effort for Fans, and what is a S*** effort.

When i watch your games though over here, especially the ones at what you could call the old Suburban grounds, with Hills etc. When they are full, they look Awesome and in no way do they reflect badly. Now i don't know the Areas they are in and what parking is like and transport, how near the Areas are to each other, and what effort is needed to get to those places. I could drive from my house (i live in whats known as the heavywoollen Area, surrounded by leeds, huddersfield,bradford) and could get to Wigan by Car in say 1hr 15 mins, but on a Friday Night when Wigan play their Home games, that can be a ,lot more, i mean can you drive to most Sydney grounds within an hour or is that far fetched?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
To be honest mate that is BS, as someone who has worked with Ticketek like you state, you would be familiar with the Ticketek system Insight which provides all Ticketek clients with tracking of how many tickets have been allocated remotely.

Considering the Finals are NRL events, they would have access to this system, just like the Ticketek clubs do during the regular season. They wouldn't be calling up Ticketek for anything, because they can see how many tickets have been sold and so on.

To be honest if the NRL was likely to be calling anyone it would be the venue to get a gauge on how many Corporate suites, boxes and so on have been filled for the match, as that isn't handled by the Ticketek system.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you mate but your completely incorrect. NRL has absolutely no acces to ticketek documents and/ or servers that show allocation and ticket sales.

Ticketek will tell the NRL how the games are going ticketing wise, the NRL cant just go in willy nilly and gain this access for themselves.

It is stadium management whom are constantly in touch with ticketek regarding how the crowd is going, for theyre staff ect. The stadium can also pay ticketek to sell corporate packages aswell.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

AND also its the Stadium who choses which ticketing client, not the NRL.

parraparraparra

Juniors
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news for you mate but your completely incorrect. NRL has absolutely no acces to ticketek documents and/ or servers that show allocation and ticket sales.

Ticketek will tell the NRL how the games are going ticketing wise, the NRL cant just go in willy nilly and gain this access for themselves.

It is stadium management whom are constantly in touch with ticketek regarding how the crowd is going, for theyre staff ect. The stadium can also pay ticketek to sell corporate packages aswell.

Hahaha you have just outed yourself as a complete tool with no f idea. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts