What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

azza29

Juniors
Yeah i did catch wind of that.
Not much movement tonight;

ANZ 27+ Dragons are clawing back the tigers fans.

Suncorp 44k

SFS: STILL NOT EVEN 8k!!!

Aami: nudging 16k.

Good numbers for Suncorp and AAMI, SFS figure is very concerning.

(not trolling) I'm an AFL crowd nerd too and the MCG are reporting the following ticket sales as of 5pm last night, thought others might find this interesting:
Cats/Hawks: 56k
Pies/Eagles: 59k
Blues/Bombers: 72k (not bad for two teams unlikely to make the prelims)

Brutus

Referee
Good numbers for Suncorp and AAMI, SFS figure is very concerning.

(not trolling) I'm an AFL crowd nerd too and the MCG are reporting the following ticket sales as of 5pm last night, thought others might find this interesting:
Cats/Hawks: 56k
Pies/Eagles: 59k
Blues/Bombers: 72k (not bad for two teams unlikely to make the prelims)

Imagine if Melbourne was nuked tomorrow.

AFL = gone.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
you don't honestly think we'll get a crowd close to that do you?

By the tuesday night last year roughly 48k had been sold to the prelim.

Got an extremely interesting fact.

West tigers fans are the most likely from Sydney clubs to buy tickets at the gate.
Followed by Parramatta, then the Dragons.

So lets hope there is a mass rock up.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
We were just told to scan our passes; so its first in gets the best seat.

So I'm almost 100% sure that that figure doest include members. Most members turn up to all major events so just add another 12-15K to that figure and by the time Friday comes and if the weather is fine we should definitely be easily over 50 thousand people

Yeah these members are pretty important to the overall crowd, hopefully they file in.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Got midday update with finals tickets.
Little movement at all, around one thousand tickets to each game.

Manly are really pathetic - cowboys cat one bay has had almost as much interest as the dedicated manly cat one............?

Suncorp getting close to restricted view sales.

Also, ticketek pleading with ANZ to open upper bays, because some buyers have been wishing to sit in cat one upper sideline seats and they cant unless its the tigers or dragons supporters. This seems to be an issue, because tellers have had customers turn they're back because they dont want to sit in dedicated bays (repords of 50 customers so far today) Ticketek has been telling them that the upper tiers should be released some tome today - once granted by idiot ANZ management.

I understand some rugby league fans wouldnt want to sit in dedicated team bays.

Because i went to the Eels Bulldogs prelim and managed to get bulldogs support in the lower bowl, and im sorry i know all bulldogs fans arent like them (touchwood) but seriously, utter filth. Only thing that saved me was being drunk.

docbrown

Coach
Honestly if Manly can't even half fill the SFS for a final, then their future as a club looks pretty bleak to me.

dragondad

First Grade
Great work on the news SLR. So the number sold is creeping up to 30k? Solid effort. I will be using my members card on Friday, hopefully we can push that number to mid 50s.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Honestly if Manly can't even half fill the SFS for a final, then their future as a club looks pretty bleak to me.

I dunno about that, the last time a Sydney club played a non Sydney team in week 1 of the finals at a big stadium:

Bulldogs V Knights in 2009 - 21K
Roosters V Broncos in 2008 - 18K

If they can get to 20K they will be on par with those clubs.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I dunno about that, the last time a Sydney club played a non Sydney team in week 1 of the finals at a big stadium:

^this. As bad as it sounds, Manly v Cowboys at the SFS was never going to draw a big crowd. It would be an achievement to draw 20k

ouwet

Bench
^this. As bad as it sounds, Manly v Cowboys at the SFS was never going to draw a big crowd. It would be an achievement to draw 20k

Agreed... If this game can draw 15K+ It'll be a good crowd, it's Week one of the final against NQ.
Dragons V Eels in 2009 got around that much:D

Last edited:

ByRd

First Grade
People cant expect too much from Manly, we need to be realistic. The 2004 qualifying final at ANZ between us and the Cowboys got just over 18k. Thats not great for us but if Manly can get around that it will be a solid crowd.

docbrown

Coach

I'm sorry but those numbers are poor too. Week 1 Finals need to all be drawing 20k+ minimum. Bulldogs v Knights should have drawn at least 30k+.

All fans should treat every single finals game as if it could be their last chance of seeing their team live. If you can sell 20,000 at Brookvale against at an out of town team (the Storm game), you should be capable of doing the same at the SFS for a final.

Admittedly though I think the Saturday games should kick off 3:50pm & 6:50pm respectively in a 3:30-9:00pm viewing block (including news).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts