What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moffo

Referee
45,631 immediately vindicates the decision to relocate the game.

To be totally fair, they should've petitioned the NRL to have it played Saturday arvo at the SCG in lieu of what happened in R22 but meh... whatever.

No it doesn't you carrnt

Raiderdave

First Grade
Record for first week final in Sydney broken by 36%

yes its a record for the biggest NRL final crowd in Sydney for week 1
but for top level Rugby League the the biggest week 1 final crowd in Sydney for 21 years was in 1993 when ironically Manly played the Broncos in front of 38,432 at the SFS
before that you have to go back to 1972 when 47,494 watched the Dragons & Souths at the SCG

Last edited:

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
f**k lots of seats behind posts. Why would you sell top tier before bottom was sold out

Because people don't want to sit behind the post and want to sit in the higher tiers.

45,631 at ANZ.

Would have got more at SFS or Leichardt

Great decision by the NRL to host it at ANZ

Good crowd and were treated to a good game. Atmosphere came across as decent as well.

Lote Tuqiri
Great effort from the boys tonight!! Awesome atmosphere as well. Now we can breathe easy. Well for the weekend at least.. #weststigers #nrl

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Did anyone else at the game notice a distinct lack of neutrals? I normally notice a lot more people wearing other clubs gear at most regular season games, but not last night.

Think the Manly game should just just nudge 20k

danny_luczak

Juniors
Great crowd last night, great start to the finals series. 50k this evening and hopefully 20k for Manly and anything over 25k for the Storm will be fantastic for League.

Pound for pound I reckon the NRL finals crowd was a better than the AFL last night. Fantastic.

Red Bear

Referee
Did anyone else at the game notice a distinct lack of neutrals? I normally notice a lot more people wearing other clubs gear at most regular season games, but not last night.

Think the Manly game should just just nudge 20k
I thought that was good in a way, heap of tigers/dragons fans on the train etc. Thought there were more Tigers fans overall than Dragons as well.

Saw the odd neutral jersey, few chooks one from memory but that was about it

gronkathon

First Grade
I think the move to ANZ was justified.

I prefer the SFS as a football ground to watch from but considering the miserable and cold rain we got I think it was a great turnout

DC_fan

Coach
Good crowd and were treated to a good game. Atmosphere came across as decent as well.

PR rare that is disagree with you. But I thought the crowd was ordinary. Yes I know it was the best of weahter days here in Sydney, but regardless I was expecting a crowd of 55,000 to 60,000.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I thought that was good in a way, heap of tigers/dragons fans on the train etc. Thought there were more Tigers fans overall than Dragons as well.

Saw the odd neutral jersey, few chooks one from memory but that was about it

It was very partisan which was awesome.

Strangley i had mine on and the other i saw was chooks too. From the Northern end it was clear the Tigers had the crowd. 60/40 i would say.

PR rare that is disagree with you. But I thought the crowd was ordinary. Yes I know it was the best of weahter days here in Sydney, but regardless I was expecting a crowd of 55,000 to 60,000.

No real precedent for 50k+ in a sydney week 1 final though. It had a chance if it had it been a decent day but i am happy with the crowd that rocked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.