What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmar28

Bench
Are you deliberately trying to be an idiot?

Do you even follow the NRL?

Have you heard of the team called the "Wests Tigers"? They're a team playing in the NRL...this year. The first half of their name is "Wests". Inline with how the bloke named every other team in his list, he used only the first half of "Wests Tigers".

Idiot.

I live in the area dipshit. We are surrounded by Tigers supporters in this neighbourhood. Yes Tigers, that's what they are known as around here, but how would you know that? You live in Coffs Harbour ffs.
There's only one person trying to be an idiot and that's you. And guess what, you're succeeding.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench
Well ticket prices need to be dropped.

That would bring the crowds. We are smashing AFL in the TV ratings so cheap seats would go a long way to filling stadiums which would look even better. A billion dollar TV deal can be used to make up for the lower ticket prices.

Evil Homer

Staff member
What is four pounds 61 in real money?
It works out at around 7.5 dollars a game I think. Pretty good deal.

VictoryFC - I wasn't suggesting it was an 'amazing achievement'. The reason I picked out that crowd was because Bradford's stadium is very similar to an NRL stadium, with one grandstand and no cover around the rest of the ground. In fact, of the 6 Super League games that were played on Sunday in torrential rain, only two clubs got lower attendances than last year's NRL premiers.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Yeah I don't get why people are surprised. Watching half your team + reserve graders vs a crap interstate team is not apealing. Especially when you may be saving yourself for Origin a couple of days later.

Origin kills the regular season.

the Origins in Sydney :?
are you telling me 5K that would have gone to Sundays game V the Raiders are going to Sydney to the Origin ?

ah .. no
that was the crappiest crowd I've ever seen for the Broncos , & theres no excuse for it .. not one
appallingly fickle fans the Broncos have ... they should hang their heads in shame.

user_nat

Coach
Why is it that the 3 most origin effected teams had home games this week anyhow.
Wouldn't the damage to crowds be reduced if they were to play away from home in the pre-origin rounds?

BDGS

Bench
The Tigers are Wests in the same way the Roosters are Sydney, the Bulldogs are Canterbury-Bankstown and the Storm are Melbourne.

You can usually get it (albeit out of order) on this page, updated regularly: http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/NRL_2011/summary.html

Not sure they're necessarily trying to change it, but they're trying to add to the tradition. I doubt they'd want to see Dragons/Roosters disappear off the ANZAC Day radar, so to speak.

Yeah, the thing i refereed to that they are "changing" is the monopoly of Dragons/Roosters ANZAC day clash, by adding to it, it takes the monopoly away.

H.H

Juniors
Yeah, the thing i refereed to that they are "changing" is the monopoly of Dragons/Roosters ANZAC day clash, by adding to it, it takes the monopoly away.
As a Rooster fan, I think it's a great idea.

Would it be a hom and away scenario like Rooster Dragons, or would it always be in Melbourne?

Last two have been Melbourne with 20k+ crowds on both occaisions.

azza29

Juniors
As a Rooster fan, I think it's a great idea.

Would it be a hom and away scenario like Rooster Dragons, or would it always be in Melbourne?

Last two have been Melbourne with 20k+ crowds on both occaisions.

Keeping it in Melbourne makes sense, an evening match can draw on the 90k+ crowd leaving the Collingwood/Essendon ANZAC clash.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I live in the area dipshit. We are surrounded by Tigers supporters in this neighbourhood. Yes Tigers, that's what they are known as around here, but how would you know that? You live in Coffs Harbour ffs.
There's only one person trying to be an idiot and that's you. And guess what, you're succeeding.
My parents were born in Liverpool and Bankstown and I've lived 18 of my 20 years in Sydney. I've forgotten more about Sydney than you know.

And nothing you said makes your original point make sense.

You seemed shocked/stunned/confused at the use of "Wests" to represent "Wests Tigers" in his list. When that was in line with how he described every other team. If he said "Tigers" that wouldn't have made sense in this situation.

Face it, you're wrong, BunniesMan is right.

BDGS

Bench

I'm not sure, i think we should leave it in Melbourne for a few years and if New Zealand demand a home game ANZAC day game, then it should go to them.

However, in saying that, the successful Roosters/Dragons fixture is always played at the one venue (the SFS) so perhaps this tradition should also remain in at the one venue.

And if that was decided who would argue with it? It's developing some great results in its current form.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Are Bobmar and Bunniesman exempt from the no troll rule?

How about during origin, if it remains a Wednesday night fixture with players missing, having club games half price if a spectator has purchased an Origin ticket?

Teddyboy

First Grade
That would bring the crowds. We are smashing AFL in the TV ratings so cheap seats would go a long way to filling stadiums which would look even better. A billion dollar TV deal can be used to make up for the lower ticket prices.

The NRL have got to remember that a good/big crowd looks good on TV.

bobmar28

Bench
It works out at around 7.5 dollars a game I think. Pretty good deal.

VictoryFC - I wasn't suggesting it was an 'amazing achievement'. The reason I picked out that crowd was because Bradford's stadium is very similar to an NRL stadium, with one grandstand and no cover around the rest of the ground. In fact, of the 6 Super League games that were played on Sunday in torrential rain, only two clubs got lower attendances than last year's NRL premiers.

$7.50? Not bad but I assume that would involve attending all games for the season.

bobmar28

Bench
My parents were born in Liverpool and Bankstown and I've lived 18 of my 20 years in Sydney. I've forgotten more about Sydney than you know.

And nothing you said makes your original point make sense.

You seemed shocked/stunned/confused at the use of "Wests" to represent "Wests Tigers" in his list. When that was in line with how he described every other team. If he said "Tigers" that wouldn't have made sense in this situation.

Face it, you're wrong, BunniesMan is right.

Very funny. But the point is if you live in the past you get stuck in the past. Nostalgia is fine but the world has moved on.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Rnd 15

Broncos V Dragons ( will the broncos play their origin stars ?:? :sarcasm:) 45K with , 35K without

Souths V Titans 10K
Knights V Penrith 15K
Cowboys V Warriors 15K ... surely :pray:
Bulldogs V Sharks 15K
Tigers V Storm 20K
Manly V Parra 15K

125K with the Broncos resting their Origin players
135K with them playing

we're about 18K down on 2010's total numbers after last week
last years round 15 total was 109K

we'll go close to catching up or be slightly in front by the end of this round.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Think we will have a decent week for Crowds.

Broncos should get 40k. Dogs, Sharks and Knights should nudge 20k. Manly and North Qld will be around the 15k mark

Souths being the only disappointment.

DC_fan

Coach
Broncos V Dragons 32,000
Souths V Titans 10,000
Knights V Penrith 15,000
Cowboys V Warriors 12,000
Bulldogs V Sharks 15,000
Tigers V Storm 18,000
Manly V Parra 10,000

dgsfan

Juniors
Heading to the game tonight. I know it's a sell-out but how many are people predicting with the rain? Biggest crowd I've been to was Hazem's last game which was 40 odd thousand so pretty excited for a massive crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.