What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddo

Bench
^ to be fair, Queensland is in an ecconomic slump at the moment due to floods and cyclones. I read somewhere the other day that there has been a big drop in property prices in Queensland as a direct result. Every team in Queensland across all sports has seen a downturn, except the Reds who give away plenty of freebies.

I accept it, perhaps it's time for Old St George fans to accept this. If it represents both area by definition it is not purely a Sydney team as the original post makes it out to be.l

:lol:

You dopey Karmichael. I was hinting that Brisbane might need a second side.

If St George can draw 16k to a Broncos game, and several other clubs also have similar levels of support, why not have a second team there?

Even if a second Brisbane side only drew a fan base of 10k, it would still average around 15-20k just on the back of away support alone.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Brisbane Roar had a downturn?

Sorry, Queensland's downturn is nothing in comparison to what happens in other states. Their tourism industry, "despite the downturn", is still Australia's most profitable by a LONG way.

BDGS

Bench
:lol:

You dopey Karmichael. I was hinting that Brisbane might need a second side.

If St George can draw 16k to a Broncos game, and several other clubs also have similar levels of support, why not have a second team there?

Even if a second Brisbane side only drew a fan base of 10k, it would still average around 15-20k just on the back of away support alone.

I knew what you were hinting at and i responded with it subtle post. Obviously went over your head taking into account this response.

Brutus

Referee
All I can say is what a waste of a 50k crowd at Suncorp tonight.

Why would the NRL play this game just two days after Origin?

I have no doubt this game played on a Sunday in the run home to the finals would be the biggest H & A crowd of the year. Sell-out for sure.

No wonder our crowds stagnant.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
Do we have any blockbusters left for the 'Glory Bound Rounds'?

Not sure which particular rounds are the 'Glory Bound Rounds' this year, but Round 21 has Manly v Tigers at Gosford and not much else, Round 22 is Broncos v Warriors (Suncorp) and Tigers v Dragons (SCG), Round 23 has Cowboys v Broncos in Townsville and Warriors v Knights in NZ, Round 24 is Knights v Brisbane in Newy and Manly v Dogs at Brooky, and Round 25 has a few possibly good ones - Dogs v Knights at ANZ, Dragons v Warriors at Wollongong, and Manly v Storm at Brooky

Of course all that depends on your definition of 'blockbuster', and is heavily dependent on certain teams' form

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Seen a couple of pics on Twitter, they'll be lying if they post more than 10k.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Don't expect a big crowd. We're not in the 8, we're playing against a small non NSW team, any team would struggle to get a crowd here.

smithie

Juniors
I wish Souths would go back to the SFS. It would make their crowds look a little better. There really should be two NRL clubs utilising the SFS full time.

Saint Doc

Coach
LOL. gee all the people who bitch about suburban grounds and how ANZ SFS is the answer to all our crowd problems need to tune into Ch9 right now!

Red Bear

Referee
Titans must've felt they were playing at home with that many plastic seats around. Pisspoor crowd (although expected, unfortunately).

Status
Not open for further replies.