What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Well the good news is it's supposed to be sunny all weekend in Sydney.

Brisbane V St George - 32 000 (won't get near 40K at this time of year)
Souths V Gold Coast - 10 000
Newcastle V Penrith - 18 000 (Hopefully another strong crowd in Newcastle)
North Qld V NZ - 14 000 (would like to see more)
Canterbury V Cronulla - 13 000
Wests V Melbourne - 20 000 sellout
Manly V Parra - 15 000 (wasted again on a monday night)

Teddyboy

First Grade
Think we will have a decent week for Crowds.

Broncos should get 40k. Dogs, Sharks and Knights should nudge 20k. Manly and North Qld will be around the 15k mark

Souths being the only disappointment.

I think it's best not to post crowd predictions because when there is a lower crowd turnout every is disappointed.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

Brisbane V STGID-37k
Souffs V GCT 10k
Newy V Penrif- 17k
NQ V Vodafone Warriors 13.5k
Doggies bro V Sharkies 13k
Castleford Tigers V Melbourne 18.5k
Manly V fully sic Parra 14k

Total = 123k, av = 17,571

Corresponding round last season got 109k, so a good opportunity to catch up wit the Broncos getting a big drawcard in the dragqueens. Should be a solid round of crowds

Thank god we have the bye, a home game v an interstate team could have been embarassing this week

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: at anyone who predicted a 70-75k crowd.

81.9k, still 29000 more than the Maroons can ever fit in Suncorp.

Amazing night, amazing turnout.

BDGS

Bench
Nothing wrong with being conservative.

Top crowd for the game of Rugby League, let's hope we get some top crowds this week in the NRL.

Teddyboy

First Grade
:lol: at anyone who predicted a 70-75k crowd.

81.9k, still 29000 more than the Maroons can ever fit in Suncorp.

Amazing night, amazing turnout.

See what a difference a 80000 plus crowd is like for a SOO at ANZ makes a whole lot of difference as it would of been great being there but also looked fantastic on TV esp with all the blues tops,alongside a big TV rating and that is what I wish Rugby League was like all the time.
To me thats what Football and not Soccer,AFL,Rugby Union,GAA,NFL and CFL.
The perfect code.

Raiderdave

First Grade

what do you mean " this time of year " :?
40K will be the minimum if most of the origin players back up
2 top 4 teams
Bennie back in town

yep ... 40 will be the starting point if they're all present

H.H

Juniors
See what a difference a 80000 plus crowd is like for a SOO at ANZ makes a whole lot of difference as it would of been great being there but also looked fantastic on TV esp with all the blues tops,alongside a big TV rating and that is what I wish Rugby League was like all the time.
To me thats what Football and not Soccer,AFL,Rugby Union,GAA,NFL and CFL.
The perfect code.
I was there and it was awesome - easily the best atmosphere I've been involved in at Homebush.

Blatchy's blues need to take a bow - absolutely sensational what they're doing....by my count they took up 8 full bays....I remember seeing them in about 2004 and they had half of one bay.

As for the other codes, couldn't care less about them. We proved again why league is No.1. Even had some Melbourne collegues here for work who said they couldn't stop watching, as hard as they tried. Same from a couple of European ex-pats who grew up on Soccer - they loved it.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
what do you mean " this time of year " :?
40K will be the minimum if most of the origin players back up
2 top 4 teams
Bennie back in town

yep ... 40 will be the starting point if they're all present

I hope your right, I'd love to see 40K there, but when this match is played during the origin period it typically only gets 30-35K. This is the kind of game that should be played in either the early rounds or the late rounds - not wasted during origin time.

Teddyboy

First Grade
I was there and it was awesome - easily the best atmosphere I've been involved in at Homebush.

Blatchy's blues need to take a bow - absolutely sensational what they're doing....by my count they took up 8 full bays....I remember seeing them in about 2004 and they had half of one bay.

As for the other codes, couldn't care less about them. We proved again why league is No.1. Even had some Melbourne collegues here for work who said they couldn't stop watching, as hard as they tried. Same from a couple of European ex-pats who grew up on Soccer - they loved it.

Nice one as when League is like that it's amazing and it reminds me why I got into the game.:)

Goddo

Bench
There is a huge Dragons fan base in Brisbane. 40K+ is not out of the question.

Would be good if we could get the popular Sydney teams in Brisbane to play at Suncorp twice each year.

I wonder how that could be achieved?

dragondad

First Grade
Brisbane V St George - 38 000
Newcastle V Penrith - 18 000
North Qld V NZ - 14 000
Canterbury V Cronulla - 14 000
Wests V Melbourne - 19 000
Manly V Parra - 15 000

BDGS

Bench
Would be good if we could get the popular Sydney teams in Brisbane to play at Suncorp twice each year.

I wonder how that could be achieved?

By that WOLLONGONG team showing some action on the case. Other NSW teams have done so.

Brisbane V St George - 35 000
Souths V Gold Coast - 12 000
North Qld V NZ - 16 000
Canterbury V Cronulla - 15 000
Wests V Melbourne - 20 000
Manly V Parra - 13 000

Ave: 18.4k

Jono1987

Juniors
By that WOLLONGONG team showing some action on the case. Other NSW teams have done so.

Our team represents both the St. George and Wollongong areas. It is time for you to both understand and accept this fact.

Brisbane V St George - 37 000
Souths V Gold Coast - 12 000
North Qld V NZ - 14 000
Canterbury V Cronulla - 14 000
Wests V Melbourne - 20 000
Manly V Parra - 13 000

Avg - 18.3k

BDGS

Bench
Our team represents both the St. George and Wollongong areas. It is time for you to both understand and accept this fact.

I accept it, perhaps it's time for Old St George fans to accept this. If it represents both area by definition it is not purely a Sydney team as the original post makes it out to be.l

mattyg

Bench
Reported in todays paper that Sydney crowds are up 2.4% on last year, despite 9 extra wet weather games. Considering only 4 Sydney teams are in the top 8 at the moment, when this time last year there were about 6-7 sides in there its a great achievement. Also selling out the state of origin after 5 series losses in a row, being 1-0 down and in wet weather was another good effort.

QLD crowds have dropped significantly this year. Titans are barely getting 10k to games...cowboys crowds have been disappointing given their improvement in form, and Brisbane have dropped 5k on last year. In fact, Bulldogs are averaging only 4,000 less per game than the Broncos, and we've won 3 less games.

Nice to get some credit where its due from Qld'ers who've been rubbishing Sydney crowds for years now...but not really expecting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts