What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serc

First Grade
Hmm I was expecting a bit more than 17k given our (admittedly very short) period of crowd form since the Tinkler tickets were released. If we keep shooting below these new expectations in the coming weeks, I bet its due to everyone thinking this season is over (we're getting that impression from the club too - which doesn't help)

ByRd

First Grade
Im hoping the dogs game can crack 15k but with our last home game being absolutely pathetic i can see 12-13k heading out, lets hope its more.

Brutus

Referee
Fewer than 1,000 tickets available for the Leichhardt Oval game today as we speak.

Kids can no longer use those free passes.

Expect 20k.

woodyk2

First Grade
Redfern holds about 5K these days , has undercover seating for about 2.5K
its not up to NRL standard so they won't be going back there

& how bout Manly fans practice what they preach & get to games too
I know a few of theirs have been affected by rain
but Manly is barely averaging 10K at Brookie ...for a side going as well as the eagles ... thats hardly boasting material
stop bagging souths ... they are a joke & we all know it , & get to the games yourselves.
10k at brookie certainly looks a lot better on tele than 10k at Anz.:roll:

Apparently there's a big crowd at Leichhardt, 14-15k already, with 40 minutes still till kick off. Expect 19k+ possibly 20k. But hey, we need to get rid of them suburban grounds don't we.

Goddo

Bench
I'd love to see Leichhardt redeveloped. New Western Grandstand to bump capacity to 23k-ish.

How much would it cost? $40M-ish I'd guess.

Brutus

Referee
Apparently there's a big crowd at Leichhardt, 14-15k already, with 40 minutes still till kick off. Expect 19k+ possibly 20k. But hey, we need to get rid of them suburban grounds don't we.

Suburban grounds are perfect for games against interstate teams and other low-drawing Sydney clubs. Agree.

The way the Tigers use Leichhardt is just perfect.

Every game there is treated as an event.

undertaker

Coach
8,000 in an 80,000+ stadium looks embarrasing. Game was on at the club last night and a mate who isnt a RL fan had a laugh about it.
Not a good look at all seeing a stadium at ~10% capacity.

ANZ's capacity is 83500. Considering there were 8021 on Friday Night, that's only a capacity of 9.6%. In terms of crowd as a percentage of total capacity, I think that is the lowest all year (which would be the equivalent of 1920 ppl at a suburban Sydney ground with capacity of 20000 (e.g. Parramatta, Campbelltown, Leichhardt, Kogarah)

big country

Juniors
If you couldn't see the crowd you'd think there was 5k max at leichardt. There was more noise with 8k at anz on friday when the BIG20 played - lol@crowdwatchposters

ByRd

First Grade
Was a solid crowd at ANZ with the sharks bringing about 500 fans in total but the way we are going, who knows what we will get going forward.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So the Dogs in the top 8 get 14k against another Sydney team and that's awesome. Meanwhile when we who were significantly below the Dogs on the ladder before this weekend get 8k against an out of town team thats even lower again on the ladder, its called the worst crowd in the history of the world.

We had a shit crowd, the dogs had a shit crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.