What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
So the Dogs in the top 8 get 14k against another Sydney team and that's awesome. Meanwhile when we who were significantly below the Dogs on the ladder before this weekend get 8k against an out of town team thats even lower again on the ladder, its called the worst crowd in the history of the world.

We had a shit crowd, the dogs had a shit crowd.

The dogs crowd was fine. A club with 20K members should never be getting sub 10K crowds - regardless of form or opposition.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The dogs crowd was fine. A club with 20K members should never be getting sub 10K crowds - regardless of form or opposition.
So you're one of the braindead morons who think memberships correlate directly to crowd sizes? Idiot.

And 14k for a Sydney game involving 2 Sydney teams in good weather where the home team is in the 8 is anything but fine.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So the Dogs in the top 8 get 14k against another Sydney team and that's awesome. Meanwhile when we who were significantly below the Dogs on the ladder before this weekend get 8k against an out of town team thats even lower again on the ladder, its called the worst crowd in the history of the world.

We had a shit crowd, the dogs had a shit crowd.
Face it pal, 8000 is absolutely woeful. You constantly pipe up how well supported your club is and yet you can only manage that amount.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
So you're one of the braindead morons who think memberships correlate directly to crowd sizes? Idiot.

And 14k for a Sydney game involving 2 Sydney teams in good weather where the home team is in the 8 is anything but fine.
Regardless of your membership numbers you should have pulled more than 8K.

Form is not an excuse, you claim Souths are a 'big' club, but when was the last time the Dragons, Bulldogs or Tigers pulled a crowd that low?

adamkungl

Immortal
Souffs and Parra are absolute pretenders claiming themselves as part of some magical 'big 5' tbh.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench

Form is not an excuse, you claim Souths are a 'big' club, but when was the last time the Dragons, Bulldogs or Tigers pulled a crowd that low?

A few years ago the Dogs and Illawarra both had sub 8,000 crowds. Illawarra had a sub 7,000 crowd as a matter of fact in 2008. So 3 years is the answer.

that low...

Dragons v Melbourne, Round 10, 2008 @ Stadium Australia - 6881
Bulldogs v Brisbane, Round 25, 2008 @ Stadium Australia - 7685
Tigers v Melbourne, Round 19, 2004 @ Leichhardt - 5648

BunniesMan

Immortal
Face it pal, 8000 is absolutely woeful. You constantly pipe up how well supported your club is and yet you can only manage that amount.
I never said 8k was good. But given the same circumstances, I bet no other team would have done any better.

We're still averaging over 16k with 0 success whatsoever in the last 3.5 seasons, no other team would be over 16k if they were in the same position as us.

BunniesMan

Immortal
that low...

Dragons v Melbourne, Round 10, 2008 @ Stadium Australia - 6881
Bulldogs v Brisbane, Round 25, 2008 @ Stadium Australia - 7685
Tigers v Melbourne, Round 19, 2004 @ Leichhardt - 5648
Top post. But I don't think you understand the rules. Any excuses used to justify poor crowds from the Dogs/Dragons etc are always 100% valid, but any excuses used to do the same for Souths crowds are always wrong.

M2D2

Bench
I have a season pass to the rabbits (my uncle is a member who cant go to games cause of work) and there was NO way i was going to go out to ANZ to watch the titans and rabbs play when Dragons & Broncoes were playing the same time.
Im not suprised at all that, that game got so little people

And i was at Leichhardt today. And ill never go back. haha. such a hassle.

Disregarding the 20k membership issue for the moment, I wonder what type of crowds other teams would get if they went for as long as Souths without success.

The Dragons have 1 bad season every decade.
The Tigers have one good season every 5 years although never fall below mid-table.
The Bulldogs go up and down like a yo-yo.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Brisbane?
I've made the same comment a few times in this thread but this time I forgot the important qualifier. I meant "no other Sydney team". The Broncos are in a different league from every other team in the comp in terms of crowds. As they should be with a league city of 2 million all to themselves.

Evenflow

Bench

The Dogs crowd wasn't fine in any way shape of form, it was downright f**king shit against another Sydney side on an absolutely perfect day weather wise. The Rabbits crowd was also shit regardless of it being against an interstate side given as you said they have 20k members. We hear over and over the excuses for crap crowds because of the weather yet shit crowds still get totally ignored for the most part when the sun is shining brightly? Go figure.......

I've been bagged by the usual few suspects (whingers) when i call out shit crowds but i'm also more than happy to praise good ones and today at Leichardt was a ripper. 20k against an out of town side was excellent :clap:

No.

Say the Tigers played the Dragons in the run home to the finals though...

Leichhardt would be too small.

Which is why we play all our high drawing games at the SFS. We play the out of town teams and low drawing Sydney teams at Leichhardt and Campbelltown. Tigers vs Storm would not get close to 20k at any other ground in Sydney (apart from Campbelltown).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.