What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarency

Juniors
While Carrara may be owned by stadiums QLD, like Robina, the difference is that the AFL would have stepped in and cut a deal with them to lower the prices to their liking.

Exactly what the NRL should be doing.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Last edited:

supera

Juniors
I thought that was a bloody good turn out at Canberra stadium. it was well advertised that we were expecting sub zero temperatures by half time. felt every bit of those minus 1 degrees as well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not surprised by the temp in Canberra, saw photos of ice in the in-goal area after fulltime. Insanely cold.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
In the "Battle of the Gold Coast", the Suns drew just over 16,000 to their game this afternoon.

Will be interesting to see what sort of crowd shows for the Titans whick kicks off shortly.

Goodness. Considering the reports from aussie rules fans an bigfooty.com of free tickets being given away, the subsidised nature of ticket prices by the AFL and the novelty value of the new side, thats an ordinary crowd.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I thought that was a bloody good turn out at Canberra stadium. it was well advertised that we were expecting sub zero temperatures by half time. felt every bit of those minus 1 degrees as well.

& we're going shit house to boot

I thought it was a bit bigger then 13.5K
a great turnout under the circumstances ...

a good win too ... rewarding the brave souls who turned up

when its that cold (-2 shortly before half time ) it is blisteringly uncomfortable
well done Raiders fans .. the " toughest " in Australian sport :)

Raiderdave

First Grade
Not surprised by the temp in Canberra, saw photos of ice in the in-goal area after fulltime. Insanely cold.

I was watching some junior football on Friday night

I actually saw the frost decend & settle on the ground that night & the players dissapeared behind a fog a one stage
by fulltime it was 2 inches thick on the ground at the ends where there was little play taking place .. they breed em tough down here ;-)

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Could be our biggest crowd of the year here (which is not a lot still). Big lines trying to get in after the Warriors v Storm game finished. Need a win here leading into home games against the Dogs and Eels so everyone comes back!

franklin2323

Immortal
Could be our biggest crowd of the year here (which is not a lot still). Big lines trying to get in after the Warriors v Storm game finished. Need a win here leading into home games against the Dogs and Eels so everyone comes back!

Easily 15k plus. Biggest since tigers last year. Some big crowds to come in Dogs, Eels & tigers

Paullyboy

Coach
There is no way the titans got that many last night, massive fudging going on.

Great result by the Canberra faithful

Status
Not open for further replies.