What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I've suspected the Titans have been playing with their crowd numbers for quite a few games. There is no way that stadium was anywhere near half full, they'd be lucky if they got 10k.

Dutchy

Immortal
14,090 at Penrith. Not a bad crowd considering the other mob would have f**k all support there.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Great to see so many kids there today. 14k v the Cowboys who had 20 supporters there is a sensational result. Should get 18k v the Dogs.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I've suspected the Titans have been playing with their crowd numbers for quite a few games. There is no way that stadium was anywhere near half full, they'd be lucky if they got 10k.

That makes both GC sides then

To be fair, half full would be a shade under 14k so the reported crowd is still under half

Reserved areas down to single seats only according to Ticketek for tomorrow night's game. No indication of how many tickets have been sold for the hill.

Good signs for 15k plus on a Monday night.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I was thinking the same thing. Great atmosphere in the crowd today.

I actually thought it was very flat for long stages today. Just my impression but night games there always seem to have a better atmosphere.

Great crowd though, we are a bigger drawcard than the dragons :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Uh, no you aren't. The stadium wasn't finished for the Dragons game.

docbrown

Coach
I actually thought it was very flat for long stages today. Just my impression but night games there always seem to have a better atmosphere.

Great crowd though, we are a bigger drawcard than the dragons :lol:

I think it was flat in the first 20 minutes but after that it was pretty consistent.

Even after the game was effectively won at that final scrum, a Newcastle chant was going around again.

It was also good to see the Roosters fan come to the game today. It's good for him to get out of Sydney.

Timmah

Staff member
Having been at today's game, I can say I only heard NEWCASTLE started by the fans once. Wasn't loud or convincing either. The other three times I heard it, it was piped through the big screen and audio system much like "Parra" clap clap clap.

docbrown

Coach
Having been at today's game, I can say I only heard NEWCASTLE started by the fans once. Wasn't loud or convincing either. The other three times I heard it, it was piped through the big screen and audio system much like "Parra" clap clap clap.

That New-cas-tle screen prompt chant is a joke. They tried recording last week and we were just ridiculing it.

I actually like sitting on the Andrew Johns side. The people around us get into it and we get this commentary in our ears by there two old guys.

I really don't know what you guys are talking about though. When that 50 metre breakaway was called back the howls were quite deafening.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
f**k me swinging. First people complained that crowds were low. Now when we get a decent sized crowd we criticize what they do at the game. If 22000 fans show up at Newcastle they can sit their mute the whole game or break into a soaring redition of "Friday" for all I care.

What's next? :crazy::crazy:

Timmah

Staff member
I heard boos and cheers but the NEWCASTLE chant specifically wasn't that prominent.

Status
Not open for further replies.