What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
f**k me swinging. First people complained that crowds were low. Now when we get a decent sized crowd we criticize what they do at the game. If 22000 fans show up at Newcastle they can sit their mute the whole game or break into a soaring redition of "Friday" for all I care.

What's next? :crazy::crazy:
WTF?

I'm not complaining about the crowd at all, I'm discussing it. I was there and thoroughly enjoying it.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I think it was flat in the first 20 minutes but after that it was pretty consistent.

Even after the game was effectively won at that final scrum, a Newcastle chant was going around again.

It was also good to see the Roosters fan come to the game today. It's good for him to get out of Sydney.

I was pleasantly surprised at how many of us there were today. My expectation was about 10 to show up given our form and that we don't have the biggest supporter base in the Hunter. Although judging by members stickers on cars on the drive home, a fair amount came up from the central coast

The New-cas-tle chant being blared out on the loud speaker and screen must stop. Nobody was happy about that around me.

The game v Manly could get 25k if the conditions are right. i.e form and weather.

Overall this round has been pretty good crowd wise and Canberra, Penrith, Newy and souths games exceeded my expectations

Last edited:

beave

Coach
they tried the video screen automated chant up here for our first game (ironically against the Knights) and it failed miserably. We haven't seen it since.

BDGS

Bench
I've suspected the Titans have been playing with their crowd numbers for quite a few games. There is no way that stadium was anywhere near half full, they'd be lucky if they got 10k.

12k at Skilled is not "half full"

RHCP

Bench
That recording is f**ked. There was a big chant going on, for some bizarre reason they drowned it out with that recording and once it was finished, dead air.

Did nothing but irritate.

BDGS

Bench
Too many conspiaries and negativity around with Rugby League fans, its disgraceful. Although, the numbers are correct and have been all season at Skilled Park.

Timmah

Staff member
There are clear and obvious instances of crowd figure fudging BDGS. If you don't agree you are ridiculously naive.

BDGS

Bench
There are clear and obvious instances of crowd figure fudging BDGS. If you don't agree you are ridiculously naive.

Either prove it with more fact, instead of "it looks smaller then that" or stop making outrageous baseless comments without fact.

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
I dunno about skilled though.

The camera side is all the corporate areas and the members area. You would think if people had corporate tickets and season passes they would turn up. The away fans area (right side) looks decent, as it did when saints played there. The opposite end looked half full.

The other side looked 1/4 full. So would mean the members side only needed to be 3/4 full for the stadium to be half full (which is wasn't, was less than).

I think people see the other side which is full of $57 tickets and think because no one is there no one is sitting there. If people were there and can say the tv side was empty, then fair enough.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
I was there for the Dragons game where the crowd was reported as 21k.

What was at the ground last night was less than half of that crowd, and was reported as well over half.

Estimating crowds based upon television broadcasts is guesswork at the very best for any number of reasons, the chief amongst them being the fact that the part of the ground that is most likely to be full is very rarely shown.

Apey

Staff member
Pointless argument to get drawn into but all the same there was more than one "Newcastle" chant today in the Eastern Grandstand.

And yes, please f**k that recorded one off :lol:

Hallatia

Referee
We're still not getting an actual figure from there...

I would have guessed more than that, it looked a good crowd.

BDGS

Bench
I was there for the Dragons game where the crowd was reported as 21k.

What was at the ground last night was less than half of that crowd, and was reported as well over half.

Where is the proof? Or do expect we should all trust your guestimations? lol

beave

Coach
Where is the proof? Or do expect we should all trust your guestimations? lol

you would be surprised if you go to a ground often enough and you get a feel of what rough numbers look like you can guess within 1k the crowd (ANZ excluded, too big). Robina roughly speaking, you would think the side stands would hold about 9k each and the ends about 5k each. You would go from there I guess.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench
you would be surprised if you go to a ground often enough and you get a feel of what rough numbers look like you can guess within 1k the crowd (ANZ excluded, too big). Robina roughly speaking, you would think the side stands would hold about 9k each and the ends about 5k each. You would go from there I guess.

I'm at every dogs ANZ game and i get guess ANZ crowds within 2k at the venue.

However, if anyone is going to accuse any club of faking crowd numbers they should be using facts and figures and not rely on "from the looks on TV" opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.