What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceagle

Bench
If that game was played anywhere else with those conditions the crowd would hardly break 5000. Well done Perth.

mattyg

Bench
We gotta get a team in Perth asap. Amazing crowd considering the conditions, not to mention not even their own team!!

Didgi

Do either club have supporter bases in Perth? From memory Dragons and Storm have established supporter groups.

15k is a good crowd regardless of anything, in such shitty weather it's excellent.

Shows the potential Perth has which is amazing if only the WA Reds stuck around the first time the sky would of being the limit but stupidity and idiocy in the Super-league war stop that. 2nd time will be a charm and better handled I hope.

Brutus

Referee
Stunning crowd in Perth.

Those conditions were absolutely horrid.

1st cab off the rank for expansion IMO.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Do either club have supporter bases in Perth? From memory Dragons and Storm have established supporter groups.

15k is a good crowd regardless of anything, in such shitty weather it's excellent.
Souths sells a WA specific membership which includes a ticket to the annual game in Perth. From what I've heard, it sells quite a well and we do have a solid supporter base over there.

clarency

Juniors
Saying the Perth crowd was fantastic is an understatement.

Panthers and Manly have gotten 5/6k attendances this year,
Without traveling fans Bluetongue gets 10k at best...

No home team, the field flooding, $30 tickets and 15,000 show up...

They could be big.

Evenflow

Bench
Excellent crowd at Campbelltown and look Tim Tim, it didn't even involve my team this time :lol:

Same again for Perth, a fantastic effort given the conditions. I'm looking forward to having a WA team in the comp more than any other and the sooner the better.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Apart from the fact that's full of shit, how is that remotely representative of a potential Central Coast team?

For the record, crowds at Bluetongue since 2005:

A couple of shit-ordinary crowds yeah, but on average I think they're probably looking at similar crowds to what Perth's managed over their much more limited appearances. Through the same amount of games each year, I would think Perth and CC would probably both average somewhere between 14k and 16k.

EDIT: just did the sums, Gosford average is 13,501 since 2005 (26 matches), Perth average is 14,256 (4 matches). Perth in front obviously.

Well done to the Perth faithful in those conditions. Terrible weather but the fans made themselves known.

Saying the Perth crowd was fantastic is an understatement.

Panthers and Manly have gotten 5/6k attendances this year,

No home team, the field flooding, $30 tickets and 15,000 show up...

They could be big.

I paid $45 still a good night, my young boy said we all looked like downtrodden refugees.

dgsfan

Juniors
Wow CC really has had some shocking crowds. Not sure if the commitment is really there. They'd have a good first few years then drop off the the state of Manly, Sharks and Penrith... not want we need.

BDGS

Bench
Wow CC really has had some shocking crowds. Not sure if the commitment is really there. They'd have a good first few years then drop off the the state of Manly, Sharks and Penrith... not want we need.

What has the CC got to with the WA game?

Obviously just a troll trying to put negative spins on all bids other then SEQ bids.

BDGS

Bench
In what thread would you like him to post about crowds in?

This thread, when its relevant. There is no CC game this weekend, therefore it should not be in the "crowd watch" thread. As there is no crowd to watch for the CC.

If he wanted to compare the good crowds that the NRL have been getting on the CC in recent years then do it in the CC bid thread or start a new thread.

Saying "CC gets shit crowds" is not relevant and incorrect.

Paullyboy

Coach
To be honest, he may or may not be a troll (I've never noticed that username before), but the point is still there - the central coast does not need a team, for the same reason a second Brisbane team also won't work - people in those cities already have a team.

Sure people who live there (but have other teams) will go along for games at the start, but it's not a long term viable option.

(for the record I wish the Bears had never been axed, but the damage is done, they are gone and their fans will have moved on. I know if the Raiders were gone for 10 years I'd struggle to identify with a rejuvenated team in a different city - it just wouldn't be the same).

kurt faulk

Coach
To be honest, he may or may not be a troll (I've never noticed that username before), but the point is still there - the central coast does not need a team, for the same reason a second Brisbane team also won't work - people in those cities already have a team.

Sure people who live there (but have other teams) will go along for games at the start, but it's not a long term viable option.

(for the record I wish the Bears had never been axed, but the damage is done, they are gone and their fans will have moved on. I know if the Raiders were gone for 10 years I'd struggle to identify with a rejuvenated team in a different city - it just wouldn't be the same).

how do you identify with them now?

are you as much of a basket case as they are?

disclaimer - just ribbing ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.