What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Who cares really, many are the times I've watched a game of footy on TV and the crowd has come up at 15/16/17k in a 20k stadium and i've gone, wtf, where are the other 5/4/3k people supposed to sit.

It all works out eventually.

Saint Doc

Coach
I'm at every dogs ANZ game and i get guess ANZ crowds within 2k at the venue.

However, if anyone is going to accuse any club of faking crowd numbers they should be using facts and figures and not rely on "from the looks on TV" opinions.

Goose.

Ho can people use facts and figures when discussing the misreporting of facts and figures?

Billythekid

First Grade
There is no way there were as many people there today then there were for the game against the dragons.

Anyone who attends the ground regularly could tell you this. Not only just by looking at the crowd but also by the amount of time waiting in queues, parking conditions etc.

I don't really care as im just happy that Newcastle is now getting some crowd crowds.

If they can become a real contender next year (maybe they could this year who knows) with Bennett i think we could see them averaging over 20K easily. It will be great seeing Newcastle drawing those sort of crowds.

Especially when you consider that no other sport has anywhere near that sort of presence (and never will).

Where is the proof? Or do expect we should all trust your guestimations? lol

A near consensus of reasonably engaged football fans with no motive to shoe that crowds are lower than reported

Vs

An apparent fact or figure released by an organization with a motive to show higher crowds

Brutus

Referee
I'm at every dogs ANZ game and i get guess ANZ crowds within 2k at the venue.

However, if anyone is going to accuse any club of faking crowd numbers they should be using facts and figures and not rely on "from the looks on TV" opinions.

You'd be surprised just how accurate 'looks on tv' can be.

BDGS

Bench
Goose.

Ho can people use facts and figures when discussing the misreporting of facts and figures?

If I had to do it I would probably buy the services of an independent statisition who is also a local. Get an entirely new set of figures and go from there. Saying something is wrong or is in fact lying about figures by saying "it looked like" has no basis whatsoever.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
A near consensus of reasonably engaged football fans with no motive to shoe that crowds are lower than reported

Vs

An apparent fact or figure released by an organization with a motive to show higher crowds
This.

Educated opinions are suddenly dismissed because we weren't there with a click counter?

I think most educated League fans would've thought the Titans were telling porkies on Saturday evening.

BDGS

Bench
This.

Educated opinions are suddenly dismissed because we weren't there with a click counter?

I think most educated League fans would've thought the Titans were telling porkies on Saturday evening.

Educated? Bahaha

Let's ask flapper then.

Timmah

Staff member
If I had to do it I would probably buy the services of an independent statisition who is also a local. Get an entirely new set of figures and go from there. Saying something is wrong or is in fact lying about figures by saying "it looked like" has no basis whatsoever.

And what, employ people to stand on each gate with clickers? How would you get approval from the stadium and/or club to conduct such research?

As the other bloke said, goose.

Timmah

Staff member
Educated? Bahaha

Let's ask flapper then.
Who or what the f**k is "flapper"?

Educated?

I attend in excess of 40 NRL matches most years - I reckon I'd qualify as educated on guessing NRL crowds.

Timmah

Staff member
He's just too f**king lazy to use the multiquote button :lol:

BDGS

Bench
And what, employ people to stand on each gate with clickers? How would you get approval from the stadium and/or club to conduct such research?

As the other bloke said, goose.

I don't know how I would get all of that, but I wouldn't have to. That would be the job of the independent obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.