What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGS

Bench
Who or what the f**k is "flapper"?

Educated?

I attend in excess of 40 NRL matches most years - I reckon I'd qualify as educated on guessing NRL crowds.

So now you are giving yourself creditibity? Haha you're not an expert just because you say you are.

Wow 4 posts in 5mins from BGDS, it's not half obvious that school holidays have started.

Has it? I thought it started next week? That's when my you've cousins are going into holidays. But thanks for the poorly attempted insult instead of contributing to the topic.

BDGS

Bench
He's just too f**king lazy to use the multiquote button :lol:

Have you noticed how hard doing that on your mobile is? Don't let facts get in your way, self appointed expert on all things rugby league.

Suitman

Post Whore
Probably means around 17,500 to 18,000 tickets have been sold.

I would be expecting plenty of no-shows though because of Monday night footy and the redevelopment.

Why's that though?
The only reason why there'd be no shows would be inclement weather wouldn't it? And that ain't an issue tonight.
I would have thought that if that many tickets have been sold, those people would want to go? Or did they sell some before it was announced as MNF?
Are you talking about STH's?

Suity

BDGS is right though - guessing attendences based upon television appearences or even by those in the ground is hugely flawed and incredibly unconvincing. The fact that lay people have no decent alternate option doesn't actually make it any more convincing.

Are you talking about STH's?

Yes.

MNF - the obvious thing about people in Sydney who simply can't make it. Even some people in Wollongong could struggle.

Redevelopment - some Category 1 members have had to compromise a little, particulalry for the first two games, due to the redevelopment. I suspect some (probably not many) might not bother, especially because of the Monday night factor.

Suitman

Post Whore
Yes.

MNF - the obvious thing about people in Sydney who simply can't make it. Even some people in Wollongong could struggle.

Redevelopment - some Category 1 members have had to compromise a little, particulalry for the first two games, due to the redevelopment. I suspect some (probably not many) might not bother, especially because of the Monday night factor.

Yep, thought so.
As I was typing my reply all the answers came to me. I sent it anyway. LOL.

Suity

DIOGENES

Juniors
All this arguing about official crowds while in Auckland they don't give a f**k and didn't even bother to count who went there

Suitman

Post Whore
All this arguing about official crowds while in Auckland they don't give a f**k and didn't even bother to count who went there

The Kiwis have never been very good at announcing attendances. That goes for all sports.

Suity

Hallatia

Referee
I found a crowd figure for that game, so I'm sure they counted, just didn't bother announcing it at the game.

If memory serves, the figure was 13,457

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
13,457 was the figure at Canberra on Saturday night.

DIOGENES

Juniors
I wouldn't get disappointed until we actually know what the number was - even so 13K is 3K less than the number at the Super 15 semi-final.

I am amazed by how much coverage NRL now gets in NZ - it shows what a team in a place where RL used to be a marginal sport can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.