What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt faulk

Coach
18,947 at WIN Stadium.

even though it was a sellout and the grandstand hasn't been completed yet, and it was a monday night, that crowd was a disgrace. why do the saints settle for mediocrity?

these are not my thoughts but will be for some of the clowns that post in this thread.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Very pleased with some of the Monday Night crowds recently...I am hopeful Penrith can get 18k this week with a lot of Dogs fans in the area.

even though it was a sellout and the grandstand hasn't been completed yet, and it was a monday night, that crowd was a disgrace. why do the saints settle for mediocrity?

these are not my thoughts but will be for some of the clowns that post in this thread.

The St George persecutory delusion...guess you should go and eat worms.

Why would there be any criticism of a sold out crowd on a Monday night?

kurt faulk

Coach
The St George persecutory delusion...guess you should go and eat worms.

Why would there be any criticism of a sold out crowd on a Monday night?

why would there be any criticism of a sold out crowd against the tigers on a sunday afternoon? i don't know. like i said, clowns.

Brutus

Referee
Why are there always spare seats behind the northern? goal posts at WIN, even for "sell-out" games?

I'd guess a crowd of 25-30k at the SFS on a Sunday with all the promotion it got. This game had "event" status and Sydney people love their "event" games.

Because people purchase tickets but do not always attend the game?

It's more specifically due to the fact that the lower tier of the northern grandstand is mostly reserved as seats for corporate patrons attending the game in the Chairman's Club or the Corporate Club.

This is likely to change somewhat as some of these corporate patrons wil be relocating to the new facilities in the western stand in 2012.

Why are there always spare seats behind the northern? goal posts at WIN, even for "sell-out" games?

s.

The back of the northern concourse area at win houses the premiers room. The room it's self has a huge capacity for the wankiest of corporates, each guarenteed their own seat. Most of these people either come and go to the food and drinks during the game or spend most of it behind the glass fraternising with the rest of the suit wearing community of Wollongong. I think the back 4 or 5 rows are just for the premiers room

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Yeah my impression is that the people who buy these seats are in attendance, but prefer to spend most of the match in the corporate dining areas.

Red Bear

Referee
The back of the northern concourse area at win houses the premiers room. The room it's self has a huge capacity for the wankiest of corporates, each guarenteed their own seat. Most of these people either come and go to the food and drinks during the game or spend most of it behind the glass fraternising with the rest of the suit wearing community of Wollongong. I think the back 4 or 5 rows are just for the premiers room
Ha, my dad got invited into an event there once, but he actually watched the game and said it was one of the better views you could get.

DC_fan

Coach
Average crowd comparison after R.16 2007-2011

2007 15,577
2008 15,931
2009 15,821
2010 16,406
2011 16,440

This season we are on the previous four seasons

Red Bear

Referee
we've really brought it back to be going better than last season at this point in time. Hopefully it improves over the rest of the season and we can give that record average a crack

High Flyers

Juniors
we've really brought it back to be going better than last season at this point in time. Hopefully it improves over the rest of the season and we can give that record average a crack

I think we will have a better back half of the season. The top 8 is going to be a real close race right until the end which should ensure that crowds are rising.

DC_fan

Coach

After R.10, season 2010 game average crowd was in front by 805. We have slowly pegged it back in the weeks since then. Round 17 last season, just like this season had only 5 games and drew a total crowd of 73,606.

The last 10 rounds of 2010 drew total crowds of 1,246,826 at an average of 16,405. So we would need to hold our present averafe to beat last years total.

In the closing 10 rounds last year they had 8 games with more then 26,000 crowds. Which included a 42,000 attendance for the Broncos v Dragons game.

BDGS

Bench
Very pleased with some of the Monday Night crowds recently

Yes Monday Night crowds on average this year would now be somewhere near the average of a game on any other night now.

Monday night football is becoming a real event.

DIOGENES

Juniors
The last 10 rounds last year also had 20 games under 11K - at this time of the season the tightness of the competition probably has a big effect on crowds.

dgsfan

Juniors
Yes Monday Night crowds on average this year would now be somewhere near the average of a game on any other night now.

Monday night football is becoming a real event.

No more an event than any other game of NRL, as you just pointed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.