What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleary89

Coach
Crowd was decent, no where near what they got against saints though. How much are the concorse seating in the eastern grand stand? had reserved signs on all the gates but no security lol.

DIOGENES

Juniors
So the SOO effect for this year:
Rds 11-18 = 759,436 Ave= 14,604

2010 Rds 11-18 694,950 Ave= 13, 364

An increase of 9.3%

Well done
Imagine what the year to date results would have been without such atrocious weather

azza29

Juniors
I think it wil be interesting to see what happens to Melbourne crowds now that S15 is over - I think that in places where AFL is supreme there is probably some crossover between RL and RU fans

Should be on the up. I reckon we'll see 20k against the Broncos:
- playing a decent side
- Friday night
- not competing with a big AFL game (just Saints v Crows)
- plenty of Brisbane expats in Melbourne
- 7 weeks since our last home game so the fans will be hungry

I doubt they will repeat the 'schedule as many Storm home games as possible during the S15 season so the Rebels have some competition' strategy next year, it hasn't worked well at all. Basically down here RL fans will attend RU but the union snobs do not reciprocate.

Last edited:

Serc

First Grade
How much are the concorse seating in the eastern grand stand? had reserved signs on all the gates but no security lol.

The end 3 bays on the top and bottom decks are GA ($24 by the way), that might be part of the reason, but you'd still expect staff to be standing at the top of the more central bays!

aarondoyle

Juniors
Should be on the up. I reckon we'll see 20k against the Broncos:
- playing a decent side
- Friday night
- not competing with a big AFL game (just Saints v Crows)
- plenty of Brisbane expats in Melbourne
- 7 weeks since our last home game so the fans will be hungry

I doubt they will repeat the 'schedule as many Storm home games as possible during the S15 season so the Rebels have some competition' strategy next year, it hasn't worked well at all. Basically down here RL fans will attend RU but the union snobs do not reciprocate.

7 weeks? That's crazy. You lose all momentum with crowds, but also as a team playing away from home for so long. Not that it seems to have affected their playing much.

cleary89

Coach
The end 3 bays on the top and bottom decks are GA ($24 by the way), that might be part of the reason, but you'd still expect staff to be standing at the top of the more central bays!

There was staff on the middle one and it said reserved seating on all 3 gates, so we went in the third one and walked up to the 40m line.

Amazing stadium. Good crowd for a monday, but seriously, the new-cas-tle chant is f**king gay.

BDGS

Bench
I think it wil be interesting to see what happens to Melbourne crowds now that S15 is over - I think that in places where AFL is supreme there is probably some crossover between RL and RU fans

Also of of the three remaining games they have they have two teams which pull larger then average crowd sizes for them. Brisbane and St George Illawarra.

I hope the NRL put the Melbourne vs St George Illawarra game played in Melbounre back on good Friday next year. Worked so well last season.

7 weeks? That's crazy. You lose all momentum with crowds, but also as a team playing away from home for so long. Not that it seems to have affected their playing much.

Not sure about taking away from crowd momentum, but it should have a positive effect on future crowds this season seeming as though they have been starved of footy of late with only limited opportunity left to see their team or see rugby league in Melbourne this year.

There was staff on the middle one and it said reserved seating on all 3 gates, so we went in the third one and walked up to the 40m line.

Amazing stadium. Good crowd for a monday, but seriously, the new-cas-tle chant is f**king gay.

I like the chant, not sure how a chant could have any sexuality about it nonetheless a homosexual sexuality but it's not a poor chant in any way.

MsStorm

Bench

Whoever scheduled that draw should be shot. Too many home games clumped together so early in the year often leads to people being choosy about what games they may want to watch.

I am sure it won't happen next year.

Raiderdave

First Grade
If next week is promoted well, we should see some great crowds.

I'd say the 2nd biggest drawing round of the year

Broncos V Titans
low 30K .. high 40K

Warriors V Bulldogs
low 12K .. high 18K

Souths V Roosters
low 15K high 20K

Panthers V Eels
low 18K .. high 22K

Cowboys V Tigers
low 15K high 20K

Raiders V Storm
low 12K high 15K

Knights V Manly
low 20K high 30K

Dragons V Sharks
low 18K high 22K

low mark for this round with all crowds below expectation

high mark with the biggest amounts you'd tip at all games
187K :oops:

lets go the middle .... 163.5K
sweet:cool:

Apey

Staff member
I like the chant, not sure how a chant could have any sexuality about it nonetheless a homosexual sexuality but it's not a poor chant in any way.

I am pretty sure he's talking about the shitty one they play over the speakers at the ground...

dogz08

First Grade
Should be a good week for crowds..

Warriors v Bulldogs 13k
Broncos v Titans 40k surely
Rabbits v Roosters 15k
Panthers v Eels 22k
Cowboys v Tigers 17k
Raiders v Storm 13k
Knights v Eagles 24k
Dragons v Sharks 18k

Warriors v Bulldogs 11k
Broncos v Titans 35k
Rabbits v Roosters 17k
Panthers v Eels. Sell out.
Cowboys v Tigers 15.5k
Raiders v Storm 14k
Knights v Eagles 21k
Dragons v Sharks sell out.

I'd be disappointed if the Eels/Panthers game wasn't near a sell out, given it's Hindmarsh's 300th.

Im pretty sure i heard Gus say, in commentary; he had something planned for Hindy's 300th.

Hindy's 300th alone should be a massive crowd drawer.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I know Voss brought it up to Gus a few weeks ago on the Roast and Gus said that they'd do something special if that was the case.

Just a shame the Panthers couldn't beat the Roosters on Sunday to set it up a little better.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Whoever scheduled that draw should be shot. Too many home games clumped together so early in the year often leads to people being choosy about what games they may want to watch.

I am sure it won't happen next year.

Your club?

Teams don't get lots of home matches early or late unless they specifically ask for them.

nko11

Juniors
Round 18 crowds:
Parramatta Eels Vs Wests Tigers - 19,654
New Zealand Warriors Vs Gold Coast Titans - 10,780
Cronulla Sharks Vs Canberra Raiders - 10,303
Canterbury Bulldogs Vs Melbourne Storm - 9,963
Sydney Roosters Vs Penrith Panthers - 9,713
Manly Sea Eagles Vs South Sydney Rabbitohs - 19,856
Newcastle Knights Vs North Queensland Cowboys - 17,212

Total- 97,481
Average- 13,926
----------------------------------------------------------------
Round 19 Predictions-
Brisbane Broncos Vs Gold Coast Titans- 35,000
New Zealand Warriors VS Canterbury Bulldogs - 11,000
South Sydney Rabbitohs Vs Sydney Roosters - 16,000
North Queensland Vs Wests Tigers - 15,000
Penrith Panthers Vs Parramatta Eels - 18,000
Canberra Raiders Vs Melbourne Storm - 13,000
Newcastle Knights Vs Manly Sea Eagles - 20,000
St George Illawarra Dragons Vs Cronulla Sharks - 18,000

Total: 146,000
Average: 18,250

Being extremely conservative this week.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Brisbane V Titans- 37k- diesgraceful if it doesn't get 40k and i don't think it will
Warriors V Bulldogs- 13k weather dependant i guess
Vermin filth sewer dwellers V Easts- 17k probably lower
Cowboys V tigers- 16k
Penrith V Parra- 20k
Canberra V Melbourne- 11.5k
Newcastle V Manly- 25k
STGID V Cronulla- 18k

hardly a peep about souths playing us this weekend, surely it should be built up as a marquee game given its status as the longest running and foundation rivalry

BOM gives shower or two across weekend at all game locations

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
I think Penrith vs Parra will break the ground record again this weekend.

It would but the capacity is capped at 20k. That final round in 2003 won't be beaten without a new stand or something.

Anyway all Reserved seating SOLD OUT about 5,000 ga left. So it will be gates closed for the 2nd year straight.

If our form holds up. Round 23 v Tigers should do the same

Status
Not open for further replies.