What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2011 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

azza29

Juniors
It's concerning if a Saturday evening local derby can't get the same crowd as the Swans playing out-of-towners at ANZ. Especially when Souths/Easts is considered an historic rivalry.

Teddyboy

First Grade
It's concerning if a Saturday evening local derby can't get the same crowd as the Swans playing out-of-towners at ANZ. Especially when Souths/Easts is considered an historic rivalry.

Why do Souths get poor turn-out's despite talks of there membership drive ????

M2D2

Bench
Because people like me, who had a ticket tonight cant be f**ked going as they are leaking green goodness from their nose.
hahaha.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors

Attendance culture in AFL V Attendance culture in NRL. We just don't have it yet unfortunately.

Check the TV ratings and i bet they tell a completely different story.

Teddyboy

First Grade
14,671 at ANZ.

What can you do with Souths and the Roosters.
Take South's back to Redfern.
Take South's back to the SFS.
Merge South's with the Roosters.

Seems both teams are pulling in crap crowds apart from on the road or the odd game against Dog's/Parra at ANZ.
If West Tigers and St.Gong can merge with good crowds then I don't see why these 2 clubs can not,plus it leaves a space open for a new club to jump in.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What can you do with Souths and the Roosters.
Take South's back to Redfern.
Take South's back to the SFS.
Merge South's with the Roosters.

Seems both teams are pulling in crap crowds apart from on the road or the odd game against Dog's/Parra at ANZ.
If West Tigers and St.Gong can merge with good crowds then I don't see why these 2 clubs can not,plus it leaves a space open for a new club to jump in.
The merging of these teams will not happen. Souths have to go back to the SFS.

Teddyboy

First Grade
The merging of these teams will not happen. Souths have to go back to the SFS.

Well that would improve things a bit but I just think both teams are not going to improve in crowds in the next 5 years.

P.S.I have been proven wrong on a number of times.:eek:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Well that would improve things a bit but I just think both teams are not going to improve in crowds in the next 5 years.

P.S.I have been proven wrong on a number of times.:eek:
Roosters crowds were up significantly at season start and there membership drive was enormous.
Souths ? I don't know. You'd think they'd be on the up as they have the potential for success in the next few years.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Crowd looks down in NQ and close to a sell out in penrith.

I'll guess 14k in NQ and 19k at Centrebet

Feel sorry for QLD League as it seems crowds are down for all 3 teams,yet Sydney clubs are doing well.Makes the small few QLD fans who bagged Sydney as not being the capital of Rugby League look silly.
But yes the floods etc might be a cause as well as the price esp the GC sound like they are getting bummed.

Hopefully things can change for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.